Murders ordered by Castellano as Boss

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Murders ordered by Castellano as Boss

Post by furiofromnaples »

1)Nicholas Scibetta was killed because in 1978 was a cocaine and alcohol user,participated in several public fights and insulted the daughter of George DeCicco.

2)ames Eppolito Sr (October 1, 1979) a Gambino capo asked to Castellano the ok to kill Nino Gangi but Castellano referred it to Gangi and gave the ok to kill Eppolito and his son that was killed by Roy DeMeo

3)James Eppolitto Jr (October 1, 1979) He was killed along with his father to avoid leaving witnesses.

4)John Simone (March 1980) Simone was a philly mob capo involved in the unsanctioned murder of Philadelphia crime family Boss Angelo Bruno.

5)Vito Borelli (Gambino Associate) (c. Fall 1980) insulted Castellano saying that him was like Frank Perdue.

6)Frank Amato (September 20,1980)Castellano had Amato murdered because he had assaulted his wife, she was Castellano's daughter Connie.

7)Frank Piccolo (September 19,1981) Piccolo was the Gambino family Connecticut capo and was killed because he had been trying to encroach on the Genovese crime family's control of rackets in Connecticut. Not wanting to risk lucrative constructions rackets the Gambinos share with the Genovese family, Castellano ordered Piccolo's murder.

8)Roy DeMeo (January 10,1983) Castellano had DeMeo murdered to cover his tracks because DeMeo's car theft ring had brought heat on the gambino crime family and brought criminal charges against Castellano.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Murders ordered by Castellano as Boss

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Good list. Here are some more.

Soldier Guido “Dolls” DeCurtis (1977)

Soldier Ralph Broccoli (1978)

Associate/Soldier? Robert Russo (1981)

Capo Antonino "Nino" Inzerillo (1982)

Soldier Peter A. “Pipi” Campisi (1983)

Plus I'm sure a large chunk of the DeMeo Crew's hits were OKed by Castellano.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Not so sure that Paul had Guido Dolls killed , Gudio slapped a guy at a crap game - guy came back and killed Guido .
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'm sure you're right. My mistake. I was just listing the Gambino guys killed during the years Castellano was Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am Good list. Here are some more.

Soldier Guido “Dolls” DeCurtis (1977)

Soldier Ralph Broccoli (1978)

Associate/Soldier? Robert Russo (1981)

Capo Antonino "Nino" Inzerillo (1982)

Soldier Peter A. “Pipi” Campisi (1983)

Plus I'm sure a large chunk of the DeMeo Crew's hits were OKed by Castellano.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo. But I'm referring to all the murders ordered directly by Castellano and not those where he limited to give the ok.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

not ROBERT RUSSO,he was killed by outside people on the sneak
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Frank fiala was killed under castellanos reign but if I recall that was an off the record hit Sammy had to answer for
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

I'm sure castellano wished he had taken gotti and his crew out the minute quack quack, gene gotti and john carneglia were busted for the heroin case in 1983.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

NYNighthawk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm I'm sure castellano wished he had taken gotti and his crew out the minute quack quack, gene gotti and john carneglia were busted for the heroin case in 1983.
Castellano hated every made man that bring heat on the family for this reason ordered to kill DeMeo despite Roy was a stand up guy and wont flip even if would get life but Gotti,Ruggiero and Carneglia was under Dellacroce protection so Paul wont go against Neil.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

NYNighthawk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm I'm sure castellano wished he had taken gotti and his crew out the minute quack quack, gene gotti and john carneglia were busted for the heroin case in 1983.
If he knew what was coming he would have, he underestimated them. I wonder being you just brought it up, if Castellano had any time before they shot him or in a brief moment after of who the shooters were, or if he even had that brief moment before death to think. If it took him a couple of minutes to die he would no doubt have wished he struck first.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

bert wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 pm
If he knew what was coming he would have, he underestimated them. I wonder being you just brought it up, if Castellano had any time before they shot him or in a brief moment after of who the shooters were, or if he even had that brief moment before death to think. If it took him a couple of minutes to die he would no doubt have wished he struck first.
They was protected by Dellacroce,they was untouchable.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:33 pm
bert wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 pm
They was protected by Dellacroce,they was untouchable.
They were with Dellacroce and he would have backed them up, he even said in a conversation with Gotti caught on tape that if Gotti did not hand over info Ruggerio's case, they would have to "roll things up and go to war" or something to that effect. Considering how it ended up for Castellano he had nothing to lose in striking first. He also would have been backed by Gigante and the other families. I think if it came to that, a deal might have been worked out to avoid an all out war.

What really in my opinion hurt Castellano was him losing touch with captains like Gravano and Deciccio and any others who backed Gotti against him. Through his mob career Castellano was smarter than Gotti at businesss, Gotti knew how to work the streets better.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

https://www.nytimes.com/1978/02/14/arch ... otics.html

As I understood Ralph Broccoli was killed during a small feud between Gambino family and Galante for the control of the heiron trade in NY.

While Antonino Inzerillo was killed by his cousin Tommaso for save his life from the Corleonesi.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

What about Frank Stilitano, he was killed by Philidelphia but I believe it was ordered by Castellano.
Brian the brain
Associate

Post by Brian the brain »

I doubt most of DeMeo’s were authorized by Big Paul. Demeo killed citizens and even women. Not many if any American bosses would have approved that, perhaps that’s one of the many reasons Roy ended up in his trunk.