John DiFronzo was a CI?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by funkster »

Villain wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:59 am
Frank wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 am I believe Fratto was in the dog house. Wasnt it around the same time as the Sarno case? Also what about the guy that called Sarno fat ass or something like that?
Its interesting that in 2009 Fratto got indicted and some say that he shouldve received much more years but that same year he was also indicted together with DiFronzo regarding the Fosco case, and in 2010 Fratto was sentenced to only one year in prison

Im not pushing anything here since im just throwing out another theory or possibility....
The thing with Fosco wasn't an indictment, it was a civil suit.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Frank wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am
Frank wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 am I believe Fratto was in the dog house. Wasnt it around the same time as the Sarno case? Also what about the guy that called Sarno fat ass or something like that?
Its interesting that in 2009 Fratto got indicted and some say that he shouldve received much more years but that same year he was also indicted together with DiFronzo regarding the Fosco case, and in 2010 Fratto was sentenced to only one year in prison

Im not pushing anything here since im just throwing out another theory or possibility....
Well the thing is if the info Scott Burnstien wrote is accurate, either someone is being taped or somone is talking.
That’s a big if
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Well the thing is if the info Scott Burnstien wrote is accurate, either someone is being taped or somone is talking.
That’s a big if
Kinda like if my aunt had balls, I'd have another uncle
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

So was he a CI or no?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 pm
Pete wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:57 pm

That’s a big if
Kinda like if my aunt had balls, I'd have another uncle
:lol:
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I've seen reports that show someone very close to Ferriola's Taylor street crew was cooperating by 1980. He had in-depth knowledge of that crew and the general layout of the Chicago family. Are there any known Taylor street informants who were cooperating by 1980?

I suspect it may have been Jimmy Basile, who became a CW later in the 1980s, as he was with that crew and their knowledge overlaps. Given he became a CW later, it wouldn't be surprising if he was a CI earlier.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

If DiFronzo was an informant, he became an informant in the mid 90s and here’s why...

After graylord and the robert cooley indictments, the chicago mob was no longer protected under the political system ala the first ward where they had influence from the governor down so at that time before there was no reason to be an informant but afterwards since he wasnt protected anymore i think he could have flipped if this rumor had merit
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Extortion wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:39 am If DiFronzo was an informant, he became an informant in the mid 90s and here’s why...

After graylord and the robert cooley indictments, the chicago mob was no longer protected under the political system ala the first ward where they had influence from the governor down so at that time before there was no reason to be an informant but afterwards since he wasnt protected anymore i think he could have flipped if this rumor had merit
Yes that is sound reasoning. Theproblem is the way CI1 and 2 are identified.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

B. wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:59 pm I've seen reports that show someone very close to Ferriola's Taylor street crew was cooperating by 1980. He had in-depth knowledge of that crew and the general layout of the Chicago family. Are there any known Taylor street informants who were cooperating by 1980?

I suspect it may have been Jimmy Basile, who became a CW later in the 1980s, as he was with that crew and their knowledge overlaps. Given he became a CW later, it wouldn't be surprising if he was a CI earlier.
Thanks to Snakes -- it looks like this was Richard Mara.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

https://www.americannewspost.com/joseph ... endum-two/

I'd like to see what people think of Fosco's latest post. He contends here that tensions between Carlisi and Difronzo, which had been building up since Difronzo was appointed underboss in 86, reached a breaking point around Joe Difronzo's involvement in the marijuana operation and that DiFronzo received immunity as a CI in return for helping to put Carlisi and Marcello away.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Fosco says Difronzos brother encouraged him to flip... and also he thought he could of made more money legally. So hes got a big ego. But why wouldnt the brother just flip himself...why would he encourage John to do it?
Becoming a CI is a selfish move. Why would you want someone else to do it?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Its interesting. Wbo knows if its accurate.But its something to keep aware of.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Who gave Fosco this info? It fits a nice little story based on historical facts, but might not be true at all.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 pm Who gave Fosco this info?
My first thought would be Mikey Mags. I understand that Fosco was close to Willie Messino and Romie Nappi, among others. So who knows?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:42 pm
Frank wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 pm Who gave Fosco this info?
My first thought would be Mikey Mags. I understand that Fosco was close to Willie Messino and Romie Nappi, among others. So who knows?
Another thing I find interesting is his mention again of Willie Messino as co underboss. So you think DiFronzo let Mags and or Messino know he was a CI. I just can't believe that. DiFronzo would have to keep that absolutely quiet