Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Steven Crea and the Murder of Michael Meldish - PT 1-7

Post by mafiastudent »

newera_212 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm Took me 3 days to make my way through this, but it was great. Unbelievable the games they played here. There's so much fuckery to go thru that i dont know where to begin. It was actually the charges against Vincent Bruno and Paul Cassano and the way that was handled that seemed the most egregious.

Id be curious to see what happened if this whole thing ended up being simply a murder case against Londonio and Caldwell brought on by the Bronx DA. I'm sure it'd end up with the same result but the road to get there wouldn't have been nearly as awful.

I spoke to a lawyer i know (who's worked OC cases and has actually been a GangLand source on a couple occasions) who was non plussed about this whole thing. Basically said that's the whole game, especially when it comes to trying to get Discovery, they always fuck around apparently
Thank you for reading it. I thought it was about 20,000 words and when I checked today it's a little under 95,000...lol.

What I can tell you about Caldwell is there were a lot of shady things with that when he was picked up initially to be questioned. I didn't delve into too much but he wasn't given his Miranda rights and they held him for a long period of time. It was odd. But again, I didn't go too much into it. And the fact they added that Stagno murder into it that had nothing to do with anything with any of the other guys shouldn't have happened either.

All I know for sure is Crea is innocent.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

It's the judge's duty to inform the jury of the Pinkerton Rule, given the nature of the charges and the implication of an overarching conspiracy.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:28 pmAll I know for sure is Crea is innocent.
Nope, ya dont.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 am
mafiastudent wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:28 pmAll I know for sure is Crea is innocent.
Nope, ya dont.
Look at the evidence. It's all laid out. I'm not arguing this anymore. You believe what you want.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

mafiastudent wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 am
Nope, ya dont.
Look at the evidence. It's all laid out. I'm not arguing this anymore. You believe what you want.
In your opinion he’s innocent. You don’t know.

You’re a writer, apparently, words have meanings.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

They’re probably not innocent, but someone shouldn’t be convicted of a murder based just on circumstantial evidence even if they actually are guilty of the crime.

If applying the philosophy of Occam’s Razor, the most likely suspect of any crime can be seemingly guilty due to the circumstances that make them that suspect in the first place even if they aren’t actually guilty of anything and just fit the profile.

In my experience, it’s usually always the person I most medium suspect. The least likely is always the most suspected any idiot would suspect them the most, and the most likely would be too obvious, it’s always the snake hiding in between the two.

Just saying, if I killed someone I wouldn’t be happy going down just based on “circumstance” whatever happened to proven beyond reasonable doubt? Hard evidence? Murder weapons, and forensics? They knew it would be easy to pin it, because if their criminal notoriety. Which isn’t right considering they could have been easily as innocent as they are likely guilty.

Would you want those same conditions applied to you? Nah thanks I’m good.

If you do the crime you should always have to do the time if you’re caught, but not based on; “maybes”, “most likelys”, and “I overheard this.”

^ That’s all straight up hearsay. ^

Most likely guilty or not, they were clearly convicted in a kangaroo court.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

A free audiobook is being done with this story. When it's published I'll post up the link here. From Justice Tech Pro:

**FREE EBOOK AND AUDIOBOOK COMING SOON**
WRITTEN BY INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST MS .
learn the Real story behind a wrongful conviction .
#wrongfulconviction #innocent #justice #injustice #truth #justthefacts #target #legal #innocenttillprovenguilty #jurorsgotitwrong
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And just so all you boys don't get shocked when it comes out, I've decided to use my real name for the audiobook/ebook...and have changed it so on the articles that are published online.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 pm And just so all you boys don't get shocked when it comes out, I've decided to use my real name for the audiobook/ebook...and have changed it so on the articles that are published online.
What would be shocking exactly, that would make you feel compelled to have the need to use your real name?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Peppermint wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 pm And just so all you boys don't get shocked when it comes out, I've decided to use my real name for the audiobook/ebook...and have changed it so on the articles that are published online.
What would be shocking exactly, that would make you feel compelled to have the need to use your real name?
I'm just saying that all this debate about if I'm a female or not or hiding behind names or whatever and so I decided that to lend credibility to what I wrote, there's no need for me to hide behind "MS". I stand firm with what I investigated and wrote and I have the credentials to back it up...so..I was just preparing for the ultimate attacks at some point I'm sure.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

When the audiobook/ebook comes out which will be very soon.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:21 pm
I'm just saying that all this debate about if I'm a female or not or hiding behind names or whatever and so I decided that to lend credibility to what I wrote, there's no need for me to hide behind "MS". I stand firm with what I investigated and wrote and I have the credentials to back it up...so..I was just preparing for the ultimate attacks at some point I'm sure.
Fair enough, had no idea you’re a woman. Only thing shocking about that to me is, I wouldn’t expect a woman to be so interested in a bunch of mafia guys to the point of doing the meticulous research that you do. Personally, I would rather maintain my anonymity than go and prove something to a bunch of people who are entitled to nothing from me.

But good luck, looking forward to reading the ebook and watching the looming shit storm you’re expecting from releasing it.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Peppermint wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:31 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:21 pm
Fair enough, had no idea you’re a woman. Only thing shocking about that to me is, I wouldn’t expect a woman to be so interested in a bunch of mafia guys to the point of doing the meticulous research that you do. Personally, I would rather maintain my anonymity than go and prove something to a bunch of people who are entitled to nothing from me.

But good luck, looking forward to reading the ebook and watching the looming shit storm you’re expecting from releasing it.
Yeah, I don't really know. I think my interest began back in the 80s with Joey Lombardo's trial and then maybe developed from there. Before that I was just into baseball...but whatever. Truth and justice, however, I was always interested in, so combine the two and there you have it.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Ms: don’t use your real name. No upside. Once it’s out, it’s out. Some normal people on here but a lot of very un-normals (stares at CC). You’re not being a coward and it does not detract from your work/publication if you choose anonymity.
You can’t unscramble those eggs.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:56 pm Ms: don’t use your real name. No upside. Once it’s out, it’s out. Some normal people on here but a lot of very un-normals (stares at CC). You’re not being a coward and it does not detract from your work/publication if you choose anonymity.
You can’t unscramble those eggs.
Is this like a Bizarro SonnyBlackstein?