Modern Bonanno + Sicilian Mafia ties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Modern Bonanno + Sicilian Mafia ties

Post by CabriniGreen »

I find these contacts highly intriguing....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Its seems Montreal is a stronghold for the Agrigento mafia, as well as being a Bonnano outpost.

I've never been able to shake the thought that it's a Sicilian mafia colony up there..... I gotta say, to me, these people really are very much like the Inzerillos...Crime family with Sicilian origin, operating in America, in the cradle of an American mafia family.

I guess that's how I see them at this point....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Is Ribera under the Caruana- Cuntrera? Anyone know who controls Siculiana- Cattolica- Argrigento madamento?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Are they Rizzuto, Caruana relatives? Most likely at least allies right?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Agrigento is its own province, right? It's not under Trapani?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm A new mystery already; Why would Cali refuse contact with Gucciarddi?
I remember felice saying Cali was very paranoid and scared of investigations before he was killed. He was refusing to meet with everybody. Real good work here btw, you're right on Cali's connections they were very deep. I believe this kinda' backs up my own theory that Cali was made underboss with the idea of Cali taking over from Cefalu eventually but when the time came Cali turned it down because he believed there was too much heat on him. I've got no doubt Cali was being heavily investigated on both sides of the world. I think he was originally the main focus of the Gambino/Sicilian busts last year.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm A new mystery already; Why would Cali refuse contact with Gucciarddi?
I remember felice saying Cali was very paranoid and scared of investigations before he was killed. He was refusing to meet with everybody. Real good work here btw, you're right on Cali's connections they were very deep. I believe this kinda' backs up my own theory that Cali was made underboss with the idea of Cali taking over from Cefalu eventually but when the time came Cali turned it down because he believed there was too much heat on him. I've got no doubt Cali was being heavily investigated on both sides of the world. I think he was originally the main focus of the Gambino/Sicilian busts last year.
You are right, it's probably as simple as that. Nothing personal to Guciardi, he was just paranoid. I checked, Agrigento is its own province. I wonder who is capo-provincia for Agrigento today? I also have to wonder who rules in Siciliana, and Cattolica...
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 am Agrigento is its own province, right? It's not under Trapani?
yes, agrigento has an own provincial boss who is a member of the regional commission, or whatever it's called today
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

scagghiuni wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 am Agrigento is its own province, right? It's not under Trapani?
yes, agrigento has an own provincial boss who is a member of the regional commission, or whatever it's called today
I'm sure you're familiar, but Italian authorities obtained letters sent between Provenzano and Messina Denaro where they discussed a business dispute involving men from Ribera. It sounded like Messina Denaro was the one handling the issue and consulting Provenzano on it. Not sure how that shakes out, as Agrigento had its own capoprovincia as you said but maybe the issue crossed into other provinces or Messina Denaro was acting in a larger role to mediate the issue.

It does seem like the mafia in Trapani and Agrigento have developed a closer relationship as evidenced by these investigations but I don't know if those relationships go back deeper. The Bonannos had a number of members from Agrigento spanning decades and they are historically no strangers to the Sciacchitani.

Hard to know what to make of all of these pieces of information without deeper investigation becoming public, but we can see that mafiosi in Canada, Castellammare, Sciacca, and NYC remain connected. The network manages to stay alive, truly impressive.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:34 am
scagghiuni wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 am
I'm sure you're familiar, but Italian authorities obtained letters sent between Provenzano and Messina Denaro where they discussed a business dispute involving men from Ribera. It sounded like Messina Denaro was the one handling the issue and consulting Provenzano on it. Not sure how that shakes out, as Agrigento had its own capoprovincia as you said but maybe the issue crossed into other provinces or Messina Denaro was acting in a larger role to mediate the issue.

It does seem like the mafia in Trapani and Agrigento have developed a closer relationship as evidenced by these investigations but I don't know if those relationships go back deeper. The Bonannos had a number of members from Agrigento spanning decades and they are historically no strangers to the Sciacchitani.

Hard to know what to make of all of these pieces of information without deeper investigation becoming public, but we can see that mafiosi in Canada, Castellammare, Sciacca, and NYC remain connected. The network manages to stay alive, truly impressive.
provenzano was a sort of boss of bosses at that time and messina denaro asked him to resolve a problem he had with people from agrigento
and then let him be contacted by his equal (he meant the provincial boss) in that province... the fact that there is a provincial boss is also confirmed even by recent informants and by the latest dia reports,the difference with the past is that provincial bosses gather less to evade blitzes
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I have the DIA report you posted, I gotta run through that again....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Accursio Dimino's cousin Leonardo Zinna, mentioned above as living in the US and reported to have made phone calls to other mafia figures after Frank Cali was killed, was involved with the Gambino family by the early 2000s. Gambino captain Anthony Ciccone was charged with extorting Zinna, a longshoreman, in 2001. They also extorted someone named Nicola Marinelli during the same period, another longshoreman. Curious if he was a Sicilian as well.

It doesn't appear Zinna cooperated, so not sure who reported the extortion. Maybe Primo Cassarino, who cooperated. Either way it gives the impression Zinna was associating with the Gambino family by 2001 given he was a longshoreman being pressured into giving money to Ciccone, who ran the waterfront. We know Zinna has other mafia connections so he was not the average civilian.

This shows Accursio Dimino is only one or two degrees from both the Bonanno and Gambino families, plus he appears to have knowledge or even contact with the Montreal crew.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Translating this was for some reason really hard....

But it has some interesting points....

1. It mentions iside 2
2. Denaro still rules Trapani
3. Trapani is arguably the strongest province
4. The Trapani mafia dont usually engage in intercontinental trafficking ( an indication to me that this was controlled by Palermo clans, as far as NY is concerned..)
5. However, last year they organized a load to Australia. I know the Barbaros have a pact with Corso di Mille( is that it?) for cocaine, so I found that interesting.

6. Castellammare is described as the " glue" between America and Sicily. This is interesting because the links between Sicily and The Gambinos seem to be much more an integrated affair....

So far I've seen a couple of bars in NY, with some slots.... I wonder what business Cali and Dimino were to discuss? The Food sector? I'm leaning towards the food sector....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Mafia, in Trapani Messina Money still undisputed leader. Castellammare del Golfo "glue" between Sicily and the United States

From the half-yearly report of the DIA emerges "a mafia with considerable intimidating power". The city of Castellammare still at the center of relations with the United States. The Trapani mafia that comes out of the "photograph" of the Anti-Mafia Investigation Department

The half-yearly report of the DIA, the one relating to the first six months of last year, presents us with yet another photograph of the Sicilian Cosa Nostra. Always the same, with firm feet on the territory, but with the head to big business, especially those related to online betting. A mafia still made up of the 4 historical mandates: Trapani, Alcamo, Castelvetrano and Mazara del Vallo, made up of 17 mafia families that stand out "for their considerable intimidating power" - write the men of the DIA.