most influential in each family(current)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CTamg65
Straightened out

Re: most influential in each family(current)

Post by CTamg65 »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:22 am Genovese - Barney Bellomo, Dominick Cirillo, Ernie Muscarella
Gambino - Lorenzo Mannino, Nicholas Corozzo, Lenny DiMaria, Dom Cefalu
Bonanno - Michael Mancuso, Tommy DiFiore, Johnny Joe Spirito Sr, John Palazzolo
Lucchese - Vic Amuso, Steven Crea
Colombo - Teddy Persico Jr, Andy Russo
Sounds about right besides Crea ,I agree with him as one of the most influential up until this last indictment , Amuso though has proven yet again to be very influential, Johnny Joe being just released is another good one,he's always been highly respected,the Gambino and Westside guys you mentioned are all spot on,been around forever and hold tons of weight,the Lukes still have a few guys id like to hear more about,the Perna name is huge in Jersey you have to expect them to be back at it soon with them all being out, and the Avellinos are a big name but definitely up there in age so who knows..
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

CTamg65 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:20 am
JohnnyS wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:22 am Genovese - Barney Bellomo, Dominick Cirillo, Ernie Muscarella
Gambino - Lorenzo Mannino, Nicholas Corozzo, Lenny DiMaria, Dom Cefalu
Bonanno - Michael Mancuso, Tommy DiFiore, Johnny Joe Spirito Sr, John Palazzolo
Lucchese - Vic Amuso, Steven Crea
Colombo - Teddy Persico Jr, Andy Russo
Sounds about right besides Crea ,I agree with him as one of the most influential up until this last indictment , Amuso though has proven yet again to be very influential, Johnny Joe being just released is another good one,he's always been highly respected,the Gambino and Westside guys you mentioned are all spot on,been around forever and hold tons of weight,the Lukes still have a few guys id like to hear more about,the Perna name is huge in Jersey you have to expect them to be back at it soon with them all being out, and the Avellinos are a big name but definitely up there in age so who knows..
The reason I included Crea is because of how long he was at the top of the family for and how much he was respected when he was free. I doubt that's changed.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Spirito holding a top position in the Bonannos soon. Very tough guy and definitely the type I can see Mancuso wanting to help run things.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

A little off topic, but why is Mancuso so feared? Is it just the influence he has with others or something else?
VanCity
Prospect

Post by VanCity »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:45 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:38 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:35 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:43 am
HaHa, you been off topic ever since the thread began. It doesn't matter what you think of power and influence. What your opinion on the title is irrelevant and you haven't been able to answer the question accurately since. He is asking who the most influential MEMBER is. Not a group, not from a historical context etc.
Ill take a crack at Who I think are most influential active members:

Mancuso without a doubt from Bonnanos
Chins son - Genoveses
Corozzos-Gambinos
Andy Mush- Colombos
Dellorusso-Lucchese
Interesting you say Chins son as most influential? What makes you say that over the usual suspects?
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:19 am A little off topic, but why is Mancuso so feared? Is it just the influence he has with others or something else?
The guy is crazy, he killed his wife & left her on a bench in front of a hospital
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Most influential in each family:

The boss.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:41 pm Most influential in each family:

The boss.
Mannino potentially over Cefalu?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

It's not always that simple. For example, when John Gambino was alive I would say he was the most influential.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Actually, a question about a Genovese guy...

Victor Colletti.... how much influence?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:49 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:41 pm Most influential in each family:

The boss.
Mannino potentially over Cefalu?
Who knows.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

JohnnyS wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:12 am It's not always that simple. For example, when John Gambino was alive I would say he was the most influential.
Agree
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:18 am
Ryan98366 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:23 am Bonanno - Mancuso....although I wouldn't be surprised if someone clipped him. He's a heavy handed guy. Or he will go to jail for life and they will appoint a new boss.

Not sure the others.
Clip mancuso? For what? Who would do it to grab the big seat?
How about Cammarano? He tried to take the big seat and Mancuso shelved him.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Ryan98366 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:33 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:18 am
Ryan98366 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:23 am Bonanno - Mancuso....although I wouldn't be surprised if someone clipped him. He's a heavy handed guy. Or he will go to jail for life and they will appoint a new boss.

Not sure the others.
Clip mancuso? For what? Who would do it to grab the big seat?
How about Cammarano? He tried to take the big seat and Mancuso shelved him.
That's a more peaceful example of "while the cat's away, the mice will play." At least in my opinion anyway. Same thing happened to Rizzuto, except in a much more violent manner.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am Genovese-Bellomo or Cirrilo
Lucchese- would of been Crea but he is done now so I’d maybe say the Pernas?
Gambino- Cefalu
Bonanno- maybe the hardest one Vinny TV or Spiritro Sr.?
Columbos- Allie Boy, Teddy, or Andy Russo
The Russian Mob is more influential than LCN today.
Worldwide they certainly are...But the US maybe, maybe not? We haven’t seen many indictments with large Vor or anything recently so how do we know? The Jewish Russian gangsters dont always work with Vor. However a lot of Vor are Jewish Russian American Gangsters

The Russians are a conglomerate of different smaller groups that work for individual or small groups of Vor and seem to operate on a horizontal structure oppose to a vertical military heirarchy aside from reporting to the Vors. The Vors are the russian mafia but everything I’ve seen is that a Vor controls mostly their own gang and is on a commission based status with other Vors and terrorities.

Does this benefit them in the long in terms of prosecution, probably but I also think it makes them possibly less organized as whole.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Extortion wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am Genovese-Bellomo or Cirrilo
Lucchese- would of been Crea but he is done now so I’d maybe say the Pernas?
Gambino- Cefalu
Bonanno- maybe the hardest one Vinny TV or Spiritro Sr.?
Columbos- Allie Boy, Teddy, or Andy Russo
The Russian Mob is more influential than LCN today.
Worldwide they certainly are...But the US maybe, maybe not? We haven’t seen many indictments with large Vor or anything recently so how do we know? The Jewish Russian gangsters dont always work with Vor. However a lot of Vor are Jewish Russian American Gangsters

The Russians are a conglomerate of different smaller groups that work for individual or small groups of Vor and seem to operate on a horizontal structure oppose to a vertical military heirarchy aside from reporting to the Vors. The Vors are the russian mafia but everything I’ve seen is that a Vor controls mostly their own gang and is on a commission based status with other Vors and terrorities.

Does this benefit them in the long in terms of prosecution, probably but I also think it makes them possibly less organized as whole.
More influential worldwide then the ndrangheta? Idk that’s debatable