Understanding Chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Understanding Chicago

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:54 pm
Snakes wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:50 pm CT 2017Nov14 p5 Vena Mandell Ruggirello - Elmwood Park clip.jpg
I thought that was a typo since other articles on Mandell have Venas a Grand Avenue boss. I figured they just took Mendell's quote and got it mixed up with Vena's position.
I think both are true. Vena is the GA boss and the leader of the EP crew. EP is part of GA. That's how I read it.
Very possible. As all of us have agreed ep is defunct so very possible grand absorbed it and some people
Still refer to it as ep. good catch antillar. Like I said I saw testimony where the prosecutor said to mandell you knew Albert vena but didn’t know he was the boss of grand ave? Like you said maybe they are one and the same now. Could explain why Marco D’Amico was meeting with Christy nose
Last edited by Pete on Sun May 03, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:54 pm
Snakes wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:50 pm CT 2017Nov14 p5 Vena Mandell Ruggirello - Elmwood Park clip.jpg
I thought that was a typo since other articles on Mandell have Venas a Grand Avenue boss. I figured they just took Mendell's quote and got it mixed up with Vena's position.
I think both are true. Vena is the GA boss and the leader of the EP crew. EP is part of GA. That's how I read it.
Very possible. As all of us have agreed ep is defunct so very possible grand absorbed it and some people
Still refer to it as ep. good catch antillar. Like I said I saw testimony where the prosecutor said to mandell you knew Albert vena but didn’t know he was the boss of grand ave? Like you said maybe they are one and the same now. Could explain why Marco D’Amico was meeting with Christy nose
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

I wish I could access that tribune article some interesting dialogue when mandell asked vena for permission to kill someone and vena shut him down. Said something to the effect of I don’t need that I don’t wanna open a can of worms. He definitely doesn’t want the heat at his age of a body dropping
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:31 pm I wish I could access that tribune article some interesting dialogue when mandell asked vena for permission to kill someone and vena shut him down. Said something to the effect of I don’t need that I don’t wanna open a can of worms. He definitely doesn’t want the heat at his age of a body dropping
In one phone call from September 2012, Mandell told Michael he'd gone to reputed Outfit crew boss Albert Vena – one of those at La Scarola when Michael and Mandell were first introduced -- for a blessing to murder Stavropoulos, but Vena had balked at opening "a can of worms."

"He (Vena) says, ohhh, you know. (Expletive) all over himself," Mandell said, according to a transcript of the conversation. "...I don't need that. If you're gonna think that way, you're never gonna get anything done."
Funny that Mandell says that and now he's in prison while Vena is still walking the streets.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:46 pm
Pete wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:31 pm I wish I could access that tribune article some interesting dialogue when mandell asked vena for permission to kill someone and vena shut him down. Said something to the effect of I don’t need that I don’t wanna open a can of worms. He definitely doesn’t want the heat at his age of a body dropping
In one phone call from September 2012, Mandell told Michael he'd gone to reputed Outfit crew boss Albert Vena – one of those at La Scarola when Michael and Mandell were first introduced -- for a blessing to murder Stavropoulos, but Vena had balked at opening "a can of worms."

"He (Vena) says, ohhh, you know. (Expletive) all over himself," Mandell said, according to a transcript of the conversation. "...I don't need that. If you're gonna think that way, you're never gonna get anything done."
Funny that Mandell says that and now he's in prison while Vena is still walking the streets.
Sorry I missed that was posted. You can’t call vena stupid he’s had a few murder beefs and go figure he was being recorded and says no
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Sorry I missed that was posted. You can’t call vena stupid he’s had a few murder beefs and go figure he was being recorded and says no
I don't think it was, I just c & p'd the quote into a post for you.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:24 pm
Pete wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:11 pm

I don't think it was, I just c & p'd the quote into a post for you.
Oh cool thanks bud
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

If the story about Lombardo coming up under EP is true, then most of the following information simply falls in line, like the Grand Av boys using Cerones restaurant as one of their headquarters during one time, followed by the close both family and criminal connection between Lombardo and Andriacchi, and during the early and mid 90s both groups took over most of the interests of the former North Side mob.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

It is interesting to note that during my research on the Outfit, I personally noticed that in the end, the organization returned to its old formation, from four they went down to two groups

You see, before Capone entered the Mafia or during the first half of the 1920s, there were two main "crime families" or CN groups, one having juridiction over the North and West Side including Cicero, while the second group controlled the citys eastern part, the south and all southern suburbs.

By the late 2000s we have one group controlling most of the North and parts from the West such as Elmwood Park and Grand Av, while the other faction, besides having few interests in Lake County, most of their ops were centered in Cicero, MP, Chinatown and all southern suburbs.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Villain wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 pm If the story about Lombardo coming up under EP is true, then most of the following information simply falls in line, like the Grand Av boys using Cerones restaurant as one of their headquarters during one time, followed by the close both family and criminal connection between Lombardo and Andriacchi, and during the early and mid 90s both groups took over most of the interests of the former North Side mob.
Lombardo was born and raised in the patch which is right in the middle of grand ave territory. As far as I know he’s always lived there and always been in that crew. I’ve also heard him and Joey a we’re cousins but never knew quite where that connection came from
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

One of my favorite articles was Louie Marino was promoted to lake county boss after being released from prison 😂 lake county hasn’t had a crew since the early 90’s
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:25 pm One of my favorite articles was Louie Marino was promoted to lake county boss after being released from prison 😂 lake county hasn’t had a crew since the early 90’s
My other favorite articles are giving the Outfit a huge administration with some invented titles & then trying to "fit" the names into these neat little boxes when there are maybe 12 active guys left in total. The idea is to make the Outfit seem "top heavy" with all these great "titles" so they sound similar to one of the New York 5. :roll:
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who do you think was the rat that allowed the FBI to bug his "Club Med" before it even got off the ground. I mean it was known to the fbi almost immediately upon him making known his desire to set up such a room on the North Side?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:53 pm Who do you think was the rat that allowed the FBI to bug his "Club Med" before it even got off the ground. I mean it was known to the fbi almost immediately upon him making known his desire to set up such a room on the North Side?
I forget his name but he was identified in the articles. He was just some random dude not an outfit guy
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

For anyone interested, Fosco has a new article up about his father and Romie Nappi.