Generoso Del Ducca/Profaci?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Generoso Del Ducca/Profaci?

Post by Villain »

I was going through some files on the MF site and so i stumbled upon this old timer Del Ducca fella who was allegedly with the Profacis, but the info that caught my eye was that Del Ducca allegedly used to finance some of Capones bootlegging ops in Chicago, before Al got big.

So who is this guy and what was the early connection between him and Capone? I know there were members from the Masseria/Genovose fam who probably invested in Capones ops early on, but the Profacis?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Generoso Del Ducca/Profaci?

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Villain wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 pm I was going through some files on the MF site and so i stumbled upon this old timer Del Ducca fella who was allegedly with the Profacis, but the info that caught my eye was that Del Ducca allegedly used to finance some of Capones bootlegging ops in Chicago, before Al got big.

So who is this guy and what was the early connection between him and Capone? I know there were members from the Masseria/Genovose fam who probably invested in Capones ops early on, but the Profacis?
Toddo Delducca was a Genovese captain who died in 1960. His brother Patsy was also a Genovese member. He was from Brooklyn and from same neighborhood as Capone. So there could be a connection there. I would think that the FBI report in OP is dated in the very early 1960s when the information FBI had on the Mafia was not that accurate. Delducca was not a Profaci member.
There you have it, never printed before.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:13 am
Villain wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:46 pm I was going through some files on the MF site and so i stumbled upon this old timer Del Ducca fella who was allegedly with the Profacis, but the info that caught my eye was that Del Ducca allegedly used to finance some of Capones bootlegging ops in Chicago, before Al got big.

Toddo Delducca was a Genovese captain who died in 1960. His brother Patsy was also a Genovese member. He was from Brooklyn and from same neighborhood as Capone. So there could be a connection there. I would think that the FBI report in OP is dated in the very early 1960s when the information FBI had on the Mafia was not that accurate. Delducca was not a Profaci member.
Well that clears a lot of questions in my head, thanks bud. Btw do you think that Delducca simply sent money to Chicago, or do you have any info if he stayed during some short time period over there? Like Ricci, Vanella, Morro etc.? Also was Delducca a Sicilian or a mainlander? Sorry for asking too many questions at the same time...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Villain wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 am

Well that clears a lot of questions in my head, thanks bud. Btw do you think that Delducca simply sent money to Chicago, or do you have any info if he stayed during some short time period over there? Like Ricci, Vanella, Morro etc.? Also was Delducca a Sicilian or a mainlander? Sorry for asking too many questions at the same time...
I have no knowledge of him ever staying in Chicago. I think the statement above describes when Capone was still in Brooklyn. Delducca was from Lauro, in the province of Avellino. So he was a mainlander.
There you have it, never printed before.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:55 am
Villain wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 am

I have no knowledge of him ever staying in Chicago. I think the statement above describes when Capone was still in Brooklyn. Delducca was from Lauro, in the province of Avellino. So he was a mainlander.
Thanks again. I also thought about the same thing, meaning about Capone being still in NY at the time. Capone became a "big man" in 1926 or even 1928 when he was made, while he previously arrived in 1919 or one year before Prohibition took place in Chicago...just my two cents
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Generoso was Funzi Tieri's captain. Del Ducca goes back to Gang "O" on Union Avenue and Sackett st in brooklyn before the goverment made booze a fed crime on the books. Union avenue was a haunt for young capone.

JIGGS
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

JIGGS wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 am Generoso was Funzi Tieri's captain. Del Ducca goes back to Gang "O" on Union Avenue and Sackett st in brooklyn before the goverment made booze a fed crime on the books. Union avenue was a haunt for young capone.

JIGGS
Thank you also Jiggs. Usually i dont know shit about the NY mob but i study the Genoveses from time to time, especially the early connections to Chicago.
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

What neighborhood were they from?