Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 am
Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:43 am @Antiliar
I hear you when you say you are only relaying what you were told. However, let's say that Marco was really upset in 1989 when he heard that Matassa was going to get made & not him.. Well, that to me would mean that Marco would WANT to get made otherwise why would he be upset about something he turned down voluntarily at an earlier time.

Now, as far as verifying the 8 witnesses in the 1994 case who were going to testify that Marco was indeed a made man running a crew, it doesn't matter what we think. All that matters is that Marco THOUGHT they were credible & that's why he capitulated to the Feds.

In addition, there's also the strong possibility that John DiFronzo simply made Marco sometime between 1990 & say 1994. I mean, he could have made him with his brother Pete as a witness & that was it for all we know. IMO it was a 99% chance Marco was made in 1994 at that Trial. I could be wrong but Marco's high position & his action of backing down to the Government proving he was a made man suggest otherwise.
Marco could have been made later on, and if so maybe the FBI has info that we don't have. Michael told me that he last ran into D'Amico in the early 2000s and he still was not made then. I know D'Amico was sentenced to 12 years in prison in 1995, but if he did 50% he would have been out in 2001. It was Michael's opinion that he still was not made.
Marco got out in 2005 or 2006. If Mike M did see him in the early 2000s it would have been in prison.
Marco got released in July of 2005. Okay, here's the way I look at it. I believe Marco D'Amico was made sometime between 1990 & 1994 by John DiFronzo himself for the above stated reasons. Marco seemed to be his man in the same way Cerone was Accardo's man.
However, let's say Marco was never actually made, then the least scenario was that he was like an Italian (Gus Alex) or an Italian (Ralph Pierce), meaning that he was a high level "member" of the Outfit but simply not a member of the National LCN.
Marco was identified as the leader of the EP crew in his indictment and he actually challenged the feds to prove he was made and backed down when they were ready to prove it. That should tell you a lot. Marco not being made falls in with a lot of other stuff that gets thrown around. Supposedly he wasn’t made and sarno offered to make him but Marco turned it down. Only ever seen that on the forums just like sarno making guys. The rumor about Marco being offended matassa was made before him could
Be entirely true since matassa was made in the 83 ceremony. Could sarno have made guys as well as marcello when he was out for a year and a half? Sure but we got nothing solid to prove that
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:43 pm
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 am
Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:43 am @Antiliar
I hear you when you say you are only relaying what you were told. However, let's say that Marco was really upset in 1989 when he heard that Matassa was going to get made & not him.. Well, that to me would mean that Marco would WANT to get made otherwise why would he be upset about something he turned down voluntarily at an earlier time.

Now, as far as verifying the 8 witnesses in the 1994 case who were going to testify that Marco was indeed a made man running a crew, it doesn't matter what we think. All that matters is that Marco THOUGHT they were credible & that's why he capitulated to the Feds.

In addition, there's also the strong possibility that John DiFronzo simply made Marco sometime between 1990 & say 1994. I mean, he could have made him with his brother Pete as a witness & that was it for all we know. IMO it was a 99% chance Marco was made in 1994 at that Trial. I could be wrong but Marco's high position & his action of backing down to the Government proving he was a made man suggest otherwise.
Marco could have been made later on, and if so maybe the FBI has info that we don't have. Michael told me that he last ran into D'Amico in the early 2000s and he still was not made then. I know D'Amico was sentenced to 12 years in prison in 1995, but if he did 50% he would have been out in 2001. It was Michael's opinion that he still was not made.
Marco got out in 2005 or 2006. If Mike M did see him in the early 2000s it would have been in prison.
Marco got released in July of 2005. Okay, here's the way I look at it. I believe Marco D'Amico was made sometime between 1990 & 1994 by John DiFronzo himself for the above stated reasons. Marco seemed to be his man in the same way Cerone was Accardo's man.
However, let's say Marco was never actually made, then the least scenario was that he was like an Italian (Gus Alex) or an Italian (Ralph Pierce), meaning that he was a high level "member" of the Outfit but simply not a member of the National LCN.
Marco was identified as the leader of the EP crew in his indictment and he actually challenged the feds to prove he was made and backed down when they were ready to prove it. That should tell you a lot. Marco not being made falls in with a lot of other stuff that gets thrown around. Supposedly he wasn’t made and sarno offered to make him but Marco turned it down. Only ever seen that on the forums just like sarno making guys. The rumor about Marco being offended matassa was made before him could
Be entirely true since matassa was made in the 83 ceremony. Could sarno have made guys as well as marcello when he was out for a year and a half? Sure but we got nothing solid to prove that
Yeah, I hear you. I was just giving "the worst case scenario". Sarno offering to make Marco D'Amico would be like a high school quarterback trying to give Tom Brady some instructions on how to read a defense. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:18 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:36 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:18 pm I’ve said this many times but I don’t think the outfit ran in this military fashion some describe. It’s been my contention in the 70’s and 80’s accardo, aiuppa, and cerone operated like a team. They would talk things over and make decisions. I’ve never heard of aiuppa overruling cerone on something because he was boss and cerone was underboss. Haven’t heard much of accardo making policy without those two. What you guys refer to as top boss like accardo was to me a guy out of the day to day life but with tremendous influence. But you can’t say in my mind he controlled aiuppa like a puppet. Aiuppa settle sit downs as has been described my Nick Calabrese and ordered hits and everything else. To me he was the boss. I feel like If accardo has an official title the made guys would know. Nick Calabrese describes him as a former boss with great influence over the boss but never said oh he was the secret boss over aiuppa or says he was consigliere. Same I would say about difronzo. People called him the top boss but in reality he was happy to step aside and let someone else be boss. Through all the different bosses after difronzo I doubt he got involved unless someone stepped on his toes. It was very clear he wanted nothing to do with Cicero or Chinatown crews. Maybe its semantics but whoever runs the outfit is the boss. Jimmy marcello was never a “front boss” he was the boss. And difronzo was happy to stay away and let him do his thing. People don’t understand difronzo didn’t wanna be the boss didn’t want the exposure he wanted to raise his grandson since his son died and stay out of the can. He was worth millions and smart enough to say I’m happy not being involved with the outfit. Even mags talked about how difronzo thought he was a regular person and completely stayed away from outfit business. Yes he hung with his brothers and Marco but he was for all intents and purposes out and retired. People are free to believe what they want tho
Aiuppa was trusted enough to go by himself to Commission meetings in New York, that should tell you everything you need to know right there.
Do you have any info on those? I’ve heard them mentioned briefly but nothing much of substance
Not much but Aiuppa went to a Commission meeting in New York in the late seventies and another around the same in Miami. Cerone accompanied him to the latter.

I thought that D'Amico challenging the feds was some ANP bullshit? I think it was Black Angelo that brought that up and of course had no source.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:22 pm Also I wanna add yes the list of confirmed made members are almost all very old and while I still feel the outfit is on its last legs it has many younger guys like nick ferriola, John rainone, Anthony giannone, Andy rovito, carparelli, I could name many more. Are any of them made? Nothing says they are but we won’t really know unless indictments or someone flips. A lot of the younger guys are involved in credit card stuff and drugs as well as the usual staples. Doesn’t mean they aren’t dying but the made list can be a bit misleading
I agree with you on this. From the names you mentioned above, I would take off John Rainone bc I belief he did cooperate with authorities. Anthony Giannone is a jack of all trades and even though he did cooperate with authorities in the early 2000s, it was against John Santucci, from Crime Story and Thief fame, who himself was a CI for 30 plus years and set him up.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Obviously I don’t have any evidence, but I would say Nick Ferriola is made and so is Frank Caruso Jr. Both have done prison time, both come from Outfit royalty and both made money for the Outfit, mostly from bookmaking from what I know. The Jarretts would be heavily involved with the Outfit if their father was not killed. They turned their backs on the Outfit after that.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:34 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:18 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:36 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:18 pm I’ve said this many times but I don’t think the outfit ran in this military fashion some describe. It’s been my contention in the 70’s and 80’s accardo, aiuppa, and cerone operated like a team. They would talk things over and make decisions. I’ve never heard of aiuppa overruling cerone on something because he was boss and cerone was underboss. Haven’t heard much of accardo making policy without those two. What you guys refer to as top boss like accardo was to me a guy out of the day to day life but with tremendous influence. But you can’t say in my mind he controlled aiuppa like a puppet. Aiuppa settle sit downs as has been described my Nick Calabrese and ordered hits and everything else. To me he was the boss. I feel like If accardo has an official title the made guys would know. Nick Calabrese describes him as a former boss with great influence over the boss but never said oh he was the secret boss over aiuppa or says he was consigliere. Same I would say about difronzo. People called him the top boss but in reality he was happy to step aside and let someone else be boss. Through all the different bosses after difronzo I doubt he got involved unless someone stepped on his toes. It was very clear he wanted nothing to do with Cicero or Chinatown crews. Maybe its semantics but whoever runs the outfit is the boss. Jimmy marcello was never a “front boss” he was the boss. And difronzo was happy to stay away and let him do his thing. People don’t understand difronzo didn’t wanna be the boss didn’t want the exposure he wanted to raise his grandson since his son died and stay out of the can. He was worth millions and smart enough to say I’m happy not being involved with the outfit. Even mags talked about how difronzo thought he was a regular person and completely stayed away from outfit business. Yes he hung with his brothers and Marco but he was for all intents and purposes out and retired. People are free to believe what they want tho
Aiuppa was trusted enough to go by himself to Commission meetings in New York, that should tell you everything you need to know right there.
Do you have any info on those? I’ve heard them mentioned briefly but nothing much of substance
Not much but Aiuppa went to a Commission meeting in New York in the late seventies and another around the same in Miami. Cerone accompanied him to the latter.

I thought that D'Amico challenging the feds was some ANP bullshit? I think it was Black Angelo that brought that up and of course had no source.
No that was true there was chicago tribune article that talks about it if you google his name
And Chicago tribune it will come up otherwise I’ll see if I can find it
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html

Mentions it in this article
But that was just to prove he was a "ranking member" of organized crime. That is a broad definition, especially in Outfit terms. I don't think it necessarily meant he was made.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html

But that was just to prove he was a "ranking member" of organized crime. That is a broad definition, especially in Outfit terms. I don't think it necessarily meant he was made.
I get your playing devil’s advocate but would difronzo have him running ep if he wasn’t made? And with all the status Marco had he wouldn’t be made and these other guys would? As I said to someone in a pm the only plausible way that works is books were closed for a long time and were reopened after he was in the can which was when many of the “young” guys are presumed to be made. I don’t keep secrets fosco told me mags was mid 90’s take that for what it’s worth but Marco was way bigger than mags ever was. Another explanation could be Joey a pulled a political move and blocked him because they didn’t get along. Again I believe he was but I’m playing along with possible scenarios. Thing is since Marco was out he wasn’t even in a crew he had a crew of his own guys and did whatever he wanted. That also tells you who he was
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm

I get your playing devil’s advocate but would difronzo have him running ep if he wasn’t made? And with all the status Marco had he wouldn’t be made and these other guys would? As I said to someone in a pm the only plausible way that works is books were closed for a long time and were reopened after he was in the can which was when many of the “young” guys are presumed to be made. I don’t keep secrets fosco told me mags was mid 90’s take that for what it’s worth but Marco was way bigger than mags ever was. Another explanation could be Joey a pulled a political move and blocked him because they didn’t get along. Again I believe he was but I’m playing along with possible scenarios. Thing is since Marco was out he wasn’t even in a crew he had a crew of his own guys and did whatever he wanted. That also tells you who he was
Yeah, for sure. I hear what you are saying. Not trying to be difficult as I don't bullshit with you.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

If you google Marco D'Amico & read the Wikipedia page, it clearly says the Feds were about to prove from 8 witnesses that he was a made man. Now, before everybody gets excited, we all realize that this page may not be 100% accurate. Sooo, the ONLY way is to get a copy of the actual indictment from 1994 & read it to see if it is mentioned in there somewhere. Other than that, everybody can use common sense or believe the contrary.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm If you google Marco D'Amico & read the Wikipedia page, it clearly says the Feds were about to prove from 8 witnesses that he was a made man. Now, before everybody gets excited, we all realize that this page may not be 100% accurate. Sooo, the ONLY way is to get a copy of the actual indictment from 1994 & read it to see if it is mentioned in there somewhere. Other than that, everybody can use common sense or believe the contrary.
I posted a link to the article where it says the same thing from a reputable news source
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:22 pm Also I wanna add yes the list of confirmed made members are almost all very old and while I still feel the outfit is on its last legs it has many younger guys like nick ferriola, John rainone, Anthony giannone, Andy rovito, carparelli, I could name many more. Are any of them made? Nothing says they are but we won’t really know unless indictments or someone flips. A lot of the younger guys are involved in credit card stuff and drugs as well as the usual staples. Doesn’t mean they aren’t dying but the made list can be a bit misleading
I agree with you on this. From the names you mentioned above, I would take off John Rainone bc I belief he did cooperate with authorities. Anthony Giannone is a jack of all trades and even though he did cooperate with authorities in the early 2000s, it was against John Santucci, from Crime Story and Thief fame, who himself was a CI for 30 plus years and set him up.
I get what your saying I’m just giving examples the outfit isn’t all geriatrics there’s younger guys out there.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:05 pm
Confederate wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm If you google Marco D'Amico & read the Wikipedia page, it clearly says the Feds were about to prove from 8 witnesses that he was a made man. Now, before everybody gets excited, we all realize that this page may not be 100% accurate. Sooo, the ONLY way is to get a copy of the actual indictment from 1994 & read it to see if it is mentioned in there somewhere. Other than that, everybody can use common sense or believe the contrary.
I posted a link to the article where it says the same thing from a reputable news source
I got D'Amico under the "suspected made guys" on the charts page so we are on the same page. What Magnafichi says is intriguing to me as they were both out of Elmwood Park. Makes for interesting discussion.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pete wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm
I get what your saying I’m just giving examples the outfit isn’t all geriatrics there’s younger guys out there.
What's Carparelli up to these days? He's out already right? Everything that guy said was funny, he should have been a comedian instead of a gangster.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID