Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus.

Post by johnny_scootch »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 am I tell ya the italian run family owned delicatessen is a unicorn. I been looking for one and the last one I knew of was on 2nd avenue and east 106. They fucking tore down all that shit when the 2nd avenue subway was being built. Cocksuckers. Long island might as well be out in timbuktu. What about S.I.? Theres gotta be a ginzo deli out there???

JIGGS
Tony's Beechhurst Delicatessen in Whitestone on 154th Street might be the finest deli in all of NYC right now. Owned and operated by the Polito family.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 am
Peppermint wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:49 am

Salpinos in Babylon, Long Island. Been there for generations, all Italian family owned. My father knews the owner, and helped manage it for him for a time when he was still in the state. Probably the only deli that’s open in the area, unless you count the Jewish owned bagel stores.
I tell ya the italian run family owned delicatessen is a unicorn. I been looking for one and the last one I knew of was on 2nd avenue and east 106. They fucking tore down all that shit when the 2nd avenue subway was being built. Cocksuckers. Long island might as well be out in timbuktu. What about S.I.? Theres gotta be a ginzo deli out there???
Maybe you’re just thinking of the city, because being in Long Island I can tell you there is still construction taking place. Just recently, as of a few days ago the High School just finished paving a new entrance into their parking lot, and there is a Popeyes currently still being built.
Popeye??? The chicken joint?? How the fuck is that essential??

Same with sanitation, but that is irrelevant to the topic because all the garbage unions are owned by the county now, and have no connection to the mob anymore.[/quote]

This is just long island your talking here?

JIGGS
[/quote]

Yeah lol the chicken place. They’re not open for business, but they’re under construction. There is construction taking place else where too here on Long Island. But yeah, if they were open they would be considered essential here.

As for the Italian deli’s, there are a few others in Long Island besides Salpinos. Right down the street from me, there is a pasta shop that has been here since the 40’s, but not just pastas, all kinds of Italian specialties. BUT, you’re meaning to tell me you’re in the city and there aren’t any authentic Italian delis by you at all? I would imagine there would be some still in Staten Island, or Brooklyn those are like two of the places that are most heavily Italian there.

And yeah, as for what I said about sanitation I am just talking about Long Island. Before the county took over the garbage contracts from the unions, when my father was still working in sanitation here, he was making almost 80,000$ a year. But that was over 15 years ago, no one he’s still friends with that he worked in sanitation with work there any more either. Because now, everyone is getting paid hourly, and it’s only 20$ an hour, 4 days a week, 5 hours a day that’s only like 1600$ a month. As my father puts it “Sanitation in Long Island isn’t fun anymore” because the unions aren’t running the sanitation show here anymore, all they do now is protect their rights and make sure they have insurance.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:41 am
queensnyer wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:27 am
JIGGS wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:17 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:07 pm
queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:06 pm
JIGGS wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:06 am If the mob is a struggling, contracting business, will this accelerate their decreasing market share and influence?

Their income from vice will surely stagnate as disposable income takes a hit.

And who is going to be building skyscrapers in a depression?

OR

The old moustache pete’s found ways to prosper coming out of a depression. Does the current crop have the criminal acumen to do the same?

We know the mob (Colombo’s) are more than happy to profiteer off of a disaster (9/11).

?

Construction of all kind should be fine, and on going. Depending on the state, construction workers are considered essential workers and so aren’t ordered to quarantine. Likewise with other mob related industries, like waste management, or Italian delicatessens, all considered essential in states like New York as well and thus will remain operational.

There is zero construction taking place in the state of ny. And while delis are essential it all comes down to ownership. Plenty of delis are closed due to the bug. By the way what Italian delicatessen's exist?

JIGGS
there are currenty 4000+ construction sites deemed essential in ny. a lot of work still going on and honestly is ridiculous. we talk about these mob guys but the developers keep the politicians in $$$ and all of a sudden a 8 story apartment building goes from shut down to essential
sorry fucked that one up there
Bullshit. Where you get that number from? 4K? There only building hospitals and doing emergency repair work on existing buildings. Developers ain't doing shit.

JIGGS
bullshit huh..
https://thecity.nyc/2020/04/constructio ... Hfs0jqJb9Q
So your right. What do you want from me?? Its the rule as it applies to the exception.

JIGGS
as long as you know im right
Peppermint
Full Patched

Re: Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Post by Peppermint »

Interesting, I figured construction would have been halted in the city out of company discretion not because it’s not essential. There are a lot of businesses like that, which are considered essential but individually close down willingly.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

queensnyer wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:51 am
queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:06 pm
JIGGS wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:06 am If the mob is a struggling, contracting business, will this accelerate their decreasing market share and influence?

OR

The old moustache pete’s found ways to prosper coming out of a depression. Does the current crop have the criminal acumen to do the same?

We know the mob (Colombo’s) are more than happy to profiteer off of a disaster (9/11).

?

Construction of all kind should be fine, and on going. Depending on the state, construction workers are considered essential workers and so aren’t ordered to quarantine. Likewise with other mob related industries, like waste management, or Italian delicatessens, all considered essential in states like New York as well and thus will remain operational.

There is zero construction taking place in the state of ny. And while delis are essential it all comes down to ownership. Plenty of delis are closed due to the bug. By the way what Italian delicatessen's exist?

JIGGS
there are currenty 4000+ construction sites deemed essential in ny. a lot of work still going on and honestly is ridiculous. we talk about these mob guys but the developers keep the politicians in $$$ and all of a sudden a 8 story apartment building goes from shut down to essential
Bullshit. Where you get that number from? 4K? There only building hospitals and doing emergency repair work on existing buildings. Developers ain't doing shit.

JIGGS
bullshit huh..
So your right. What do you want from me?? Its the rule as it applies to the exception.

JIGGS
:lol:
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Give it a rest Jiggs.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

queensnyer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:07 pm
JIGGS wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:07 pm
queensnyer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:52 pm
JIGGS wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:51 am
queensnyer wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:51 am
queensnyer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:06 pm [quote=JIGGS post_id=148569 time=1587704078 user_id=5630]
[quote=Peppermint post_id=143650 time=1584896655 user_id=6524]
[quote=Ozgoz post_id=143622 time=1584878809 user_id=5448]
If the mob is a struggling, contracting business, will this accelerate their decreasing market share and influence?

OR

?

JIGGS

JIGGS
bullshit huh..

JIGGS
Well bend over why dont ya.

JIGGS
na im straight...your wrong on that too
[/quote]

Nah. You sound like a faggy bitch. Read this article tootsa:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/nyc-appro ... ial-condo/
[/quote]

you don't know what I sound like, but you do know what I taste like sucking me off since I posted
[/quote]

That was indeed strange. I hope the mere thought of that doesn't wet your whistle. Anyhow, Welcome to the board Queensnyer. Enjoy posting and debating.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:20 pm Give it a rest Jiggs.
Why don't you and your pom poms give it a rest cheerleader?

JIGGS
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

It has been reported that Detroit made member Antonio Ruggirello has died. Thought I should post this here instead of making another thread. This is the article from Gangster Report.

May 19, 2020 – Detroit mob soldier Antonio (Toto) Ruggirello died of COVID-19 this week at 83 years old. He was the last of the four nails-tough Ruggirello brothers who once ran a crew that controlled rackets in Washtenaw and Genesee Counties.

The Ruggirellos have appeared on government investigative reports as “persons of interest” in the iconic murder and kidnapping conspiracy that took the life of labor union chief Jimmy Hoffa four and a half decades ago. Authorities suspect the Ruggirello crew might have been involved with disposing of Hoffa’s body. The famed Hoffa case remains an open and active investigation out of the Detroit FBI office.

The Ruggirello brothers were highly-trusted lieutenants in the Detroit mafia for years, per FBI records and Michigan State Police memos. Longtime don, Giacomo (Black Jack) Tocco was elected boss in a top-secret gathering of all the Tocco-Zerilli crime family capos held at the Ruggirellos’ Timberland Game Ranch in Dexter, Michigan, just outside of the Washtenaw county seat of Ann Arbor, on the afternoon of June 10, 1979. The inauguration ceremony was photographed by the FBI (see cover image).

Tocco died in of heart failure in 2014. The Ruggirellos’ father, “Big Toto” was Tocco’s father’s bodyguard during the Crosstown Mob War of the early 1930s. William (Black Bill) Tocco founded the Detroit mob in 1931 after claiming victory in the war that broke out at the tail end of Prohibition.

According to his FBI file, Black Jack Tocco used the Ruggirello brothers as muscle in his rise up the ranks of crime family. Luigi (Louie the Bulldog) Ruggirello and Antonino (Tony Cigars) Ruggirello were considered co-crew bosses, per the Tocco files, with Louie running Ann Arbor from Timberland Game Ranch and Tony maintaining a foothold in the factory town of Flint out in Genesee County.

Toto Ruggirello was convicted alongside his older brother Tony in 1977 for the attempted murder of a Flint numbers banker refusing to pay tribute to the mob. Their attempt to blow him up in a car bomb failed. When a crew member turned state’s evidence and gave information on the murder plot, they tried to kill him in a state-prison protection unit before he could take the stand against them, per Tocco’s FBI file.

Tony Ruggirello, 85, died last summer of natural causes. He acted an advisor to Tocco and other Detroit mob powers in his final years, according to the FBI. Louie Ruggirello lost a bout with cancer back in 1987. Joseph (Jo Jo) Ruggirello passed away in 2013 at 81.

The FBI has received tips through the years that slain Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa is buried at Timberland Game Ranch, once the premier upscale hunting lodge in the state of Michigan. Hoffa disappeared on his way to a sit down with mob figures from Detroit and New Jersey at a Bloomfield Township, Michigan restaurant called the Red Fox on July 30, 1975. It’s a 35-mile drive from the Red Fox (now the westside flagship of the Andiamo chain) to the Timberland Game Ranch.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus

Post by johnny_scootch »

Mafia stokes violent anti-lockdown protests in Italy

The mob’s drugs trade was hit hard by lockdown restrictions, but economic chaos presents opportunities.

BY HANNAH ROBERTS

ROME — The Italian mafia are doing all they can to prevent coronavirus from harming their business — including orchestrating violence at anti-lockdown protests.

According to Italian authorities, the mob planned and directed demonstrations in Naples that descended into violence and attacks on police on Friday. Similar protests have taken place across the country for the past four days, with bar and restaurant owners expressing concerns that tighter measures, brought in by the government to counter a surge in coronavirus cases in the country, will destroy their businesses.

While the economic turmoil caused by the crisis has presented opportunities for the mafia to snap up stricken firms, curfews and lockdown restrictions are bad news, because increased police checks curtail the mob’s freedom to operate. Police estimate that with the closure of nightlife in Italy, the Camorra mafia’s drugs revenue will be hit by as much as 60 percent.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced a further tightening of measures including a 6 p.m. cutoff for bars and restaurants serving customers. Campania, Lazio and Lombardy — the three regions with the most coronavirus cases in Italy — have adopted a nighttime curfew in an attempt to slow the pace of contagion.

At a protest in Naples on Friday, police identified known members of four Camorra mafia families who are thought to be directing violence. Protesters threw rocks at police as well as attacking officers inside their cars and damaging the vehicles with clubs. Several journalists were also assaulted. Vincenzo de Luca, the regional governor, described the events as “guerilla warfare”.

The chief anti-mafia prosecutor, Federico Cafiero De Raho, told local paper Il Mattino that “200 scooters followed the demo and then after an agreed signal, unleashed the attack on the authorities.”

“The violence was of a level of intensity that is not the behavior of restaurant owners nor business nor workers,” he said, adding that peaceful protesters were joined by members of the far right and anarchists. “What happened represents a real, tangible attack on the state.” De Luca said that the protest had nothing to do with legitimate worries by businesses about the curfew brought in on Friday, and had been planned and coordinated for at least a week on social media.

Giuseppe Antoci, president of the Fondazione Caponnetto, a mafia research center, said that mob clans oppose curfews and lockdowns because increased police checks and closures affect their ability to demand extortion payments and lead to reduced drug sales revenues. “They were devastated by the first lockdown,” he said.

The mafia clans are also using the protests to foment anger a general mistrust of the state, he said. “It suits them to create a climate of conflict between people and state. They show that the state is not there for you and offer to help you. In doing so they widen their network of allies.”

“If a mob boss pays for your supermarket shop when you cannot, he becomes your benefactor,” he explained. “There is the risk that we go back 30 or 40 years to when the mafia leaders were seen as arbitrators, that resolved problems and disputes.”

Many businesses that survived lockdown will now go under if they do not get help, he said, and the mafia has hidden funds that it needs to launder by investing in legitimate enterprises. If businesses turn to mafia money-lenders, interest rates are so high that eventually they will be forced to cede part of the business to the mob. “The state needs to comes through for these businesses, fast, as if it does not, the mafia will.”

Sandro Ruotolo and Paolo Siani, both MPs from Naples, urged the government in a joint statement to help businesses and individuals struggling to make ends meet to prevent the mafia stepping in. They appealed to those who are protesting legitimately “to distance themselves from the mafia … Isolate them, identify them, stop them. Every act of violence should be condemned, never justified.”

Senator Nicola Morra, the head of the anti-mafia commission in parliament, warned that the mafia could benefit from the pandemic. “Where there is social deprivation supporting discontent is a way of building a myth, the myth of the good Camorra mafioso that protects and cares for you. In the south you still hear it said, unfortunately, that … the mafia is a good thing,” he said in a statement.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

OR

?
If Italian organized crime exists in Buffalo and Joe Bella is connected, looks like they found a way to profit from this crisis:

"The transcript for Bella’s detention hearing last July includes a federal prosecutor outlining an alleged COVID scheme. Assistant US Attorney Joseph Tripi described how Bella’s company Med-Cor allegedly bought COVID test processing materials and resold them as home testing kits. Tripi explaining the kits would be useless outside of a lab.

Also revealed in the hearing transcript were contacts found on Bella’s cellphone. The prosecution alleged 45 individuals, according to local law enforcement were members or associates of organized crime, drug traffickers and other criminal activity.

Also claimed to be on Bella’s phone was a photo of him and an “uncharged member of law enforcement” involved in cocaine possession and distribution. The law enforcement member’s name was not disclosed."

Here is the link: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local ... 2fd0e2f6ca
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 am

OR

?
If Italian organized crime exists in Buffalo and Joe Bella is connected, looks like they found a way to profit from this crisis:

"The transcript for Bella’s detention hearing last July includes a federal prosecutor outlining an alleged COVID scheme. Assistant US Attorney Joseph Tripi described how Bella’s company Med-Cor allegedly bought COVID test processing materials and resold them as home testing kits. Tripi explaining the kits would be useless outside of a lab.

Also revealed in the hearing transcript were contacts found on Bella’s cellphone. The prosecution alleged 45 individuals, according to local law enforcement were members or associates of organized crime, drug traffickers and other criminal activity.

Also claimed to be on Bella’s phone was a photo of him and an “uncharged member of law enforcement” involved in cocaine possession and distribution. The law enforcement member’s name was not disclosed."

Here is the link: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local ... 2fd0e2f6ca
Interesting.

Well, to be fair Bella’s testing kits are probably no worse than these useless PCR test with their false positives 🤣
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Unconfirmed, but I heard that Donnie Shacks Montemarano died of covid.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm Unconfirmed, but I heard that Donnie Shacks Montemarano died of covid.
It was reported in today's Gang Land.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Not a casualty but Vinny Caroleo from Bonanno family is in hospital with covid. He isn’t doing to well.