Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:26 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:00 pm
Confederate wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 pm
Now, on to questions about Marco D'Amico. As I wrote previously, according to my sources he wasn't made. He was closely associated with many of the top ranking people, including the DiFronzos. I lean to what my sources tell me because they've been right before, but I don't make any claims about knowing for certain.

You had stated this once before in an older thread a couple years ago that Mike Magnafichi had told you that Marco D'Amico was never actually made, but instead was a high level close associate of DiFronzo. It seems strange that he would never have been made? I don't remember you ever giving a reason as to why he said he was never made? Did he give you a reason?
He didn't want to be made. If you're made you have to kick up a larger portion of your income and potentially make yourself a bigger target for LE. Also, the link in the other thread that Ed started that I provided deals with John Matassa. One of the informants also said that D'Amico wasn't made. Of course he could have been made later on since we don't know who was made after the 1990s. Mike Sarno supposedly made some guys. But that's what I have.
I think though the part about kicking up a bigger percentage for Marco would not have made any difference because he most probably had to kick up the same percentage that any high level Outfit guys had to do. For example, I never read where Ralph Pierce, Gus Alex, Eddie Vogel, Les Kruse etc. kicked up any LESS percentage because they weren't technically made guys. As far as being a larger target, I can see that being true. However, the Government saw him as being a made man anyway and viewed him as a high level target in that 1994.
If memory serves me correctly, the Government was going to call in 8 witnesses to testify that Marco was indeed a made man in the Outfit and the head of one of the sub crews of Elmwood Park. Marco then back off from making them prove it & capitulated to their statement of him being a made man & crew boss & in return received a reduced sentence.
I personally agree on most parts but i dont think all non-made guys kicked up the same percentage, but if we speak about guys like Alex, Kruse or D'Amico, well thats a tough one...

Edit: Patrick once said to Rainone or Gio i dont remember, to stay away from made guys, meaning besides Patrick, if he got made, he was going to kickup percentange to them also.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I think though the part about kicking up a bigger percentage for Marco would not have made any difference because he most probably had to kick up the same percentage that any high level Outfit guys had to do. For example, I never read where Ralph Pierce, Gus Alex, Eddie Vogel, Les Kruse etc. kicked up any LESS percentage because they weren't technically made guys. As far as being a larger target, I can see that being true. However, the Government saw him as being a made man anyway and viewed him as a high level target in that 1994.
If memory serves me correctly, the Government was going to call in 8 witnesses to testify that Marco was indeed a made man in the Outfit and the head of one of the sub crews of Elmwood Park. Marco then back off from making them prove it & capitulated to their statement of him being a made man & crew boss & in return received a reduced sentence.
I just relaying some things he told me. I'm not vouching for the accuracy of what he said.

The case you're referring to took place in October 1995 and he was sentenced to 12 years and 3 months. Since we don't know the names of the eight witnesses we can't establish their credibility. On the other hand we have Magnafichi and CI 12 who said this:

"CI 12 stated that D'Amico, and Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, who were both part of the Outfit, disliked Matassa intensely because Matassa was slated to become a made member and they were not. CI 12 stated that D'Amico often talked about the fact that Matassa had been "made" and often criticized Matassa behind his back. CI 12 stated that many individuals felt Matassa was not worthy of being made, including D'Amico, Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, Robert "Bobby" Dominic, and Tony Dote."
http://www.ipsn.org/orourke_affidavit.php
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:01 am
I just relaying some things he told me. I'm not vouching for the accuracy of what he said.

The case you're referring to took place in October 1995 and he was sentenced to 12 years and 3 months. Since we don't know the names of the eight witnesses we can't establish their credibility. On the other hand we have Magnafichi and CI 12 who said this:

"CI 12 stated that D'Amico, and Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, who were both part of the Outfit, disliked Matassa intensely because Matassa was slated to become a made member and they were not. CI 12 stated that D'Amico often talked about the fact that Matassa had been "made" and often criticized Matassa behind his back. CI 12 stated that many individuals felt Matassa was not worthy of being made, including D'Amico, Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, Robert "Bobby" Dominic, and Tony Dote."

I remember reading that statement. But that statement was made in 1989, 5 years before 1994. Besides, why would Marco be upset if Matassa was going to be made when he supposedly voluntarily turned it down?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

@Antiliar
I hear you when you say you are only relaying what you were told. However, let's say that Marco was really upset in 1989 when he heard that Matassa was going to get made & not him.. Well, that to me would mean that Marco would WANT to get made otherwise why would he be upset about something he turned down voluntarily at an earlier time.

Now, as far as verifying the 8 witnesses in the 1994 case who were going to testify that Marco was indeed a made man running a crew, it doesn't matter what we think. All that matters is that Marco THOUGHT they were credible & that's why he capitulated to the Feds.

In addition, there's also the strong possibility that John DiFronzo simply made Marco sometime between 1990 & say 1994. I mean, he could have made him with his brother Pete as a witness & that was it for all we know. IMO it was a 99% chance Marco was made in 1994 at that Trial. I could be wrong but Marco's high position & his action of backing down to the Government proving he was a made man suggest otherwise.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:49 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tonyd621 = Patrickgold

At a “guess”
More like Patrickgold = Fratto89, ChiTown, SolarSolano, etc. Doesn't matter how many new names he comes up with every time he returns after being banned, his posts are always the same.
Mason_dixon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:36 pm Patrick Gold I believe you 100% and Chicago still being the most corrupt city in the US in 2020 makes all the sense to me why there isn’t more indictments. They learned from losing Vegas. And now act accordingly. For fucks sake the murdered their own underboss in 2006 your telling me 14 years later there isn’t anything worth fighting for? Don’t believe it for a second.
Sooooo basically you're saying we don't see that many indictments because the Outfit has corrupted and paid off the FBI and Justice Department in Chicago. Yeah, seems plausible. :roll:
I believe the FBI has bigger fish to put resources towards like Chicago being the Sinaloa main hub. So basically if you want to explain my answers no I don’t know that anyone’s being paid off but there is more agents than to rogue than we will ever hear about dude congrats on whatever knowledge you have. Frankly wise guy you are nobody to me and could give a fuck less. I doubt you be ever even done business with an associate of the outfit before so why don’t you just keep your mouth shut if you dobt have anything productive to add. That’s my god damn opinion and If you don’t like it kiss my ass.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Common guys lets keep the peace around here alright?!
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

And you can call me a liar and Whatever you want but I’m not stupid enough to tell you About past business. All I’m gonna say is construction. And I’m on my I phone and don’t have time to correct spelling mistakes in my past post so if you wanna rag on me for that too then have at it. You just are an extremely negative person wise guy and seem to always try to make little snipe at me. Which is fine I’m sure your like 75 years old and retired and have nothing better to do. So whatever man. It go along way just to have a tiny bit or class in your know it all comments or just have a little tact and when are you calling someone an idiot.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

And I’m done villain sorry but that guy continuously makes these comments and I’m just over it. Sorry if i offended you.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:01 am

That article is interesting. You can only guess who the CIs were. Funny they use to meet at 7429 W Addison. That place closed down about 10 years ago and had a 5am license. It was called Nicks when it closed and definitely brought the characters in.

I have also heard the D’Amico was not made but never really believed it because of him being so close to DiFronzo. D’Amico was loved by Joey Aiuppa and that is why he was supposedly allowed to have his own crew. I honestly believe if he was not made, it was his own decision. That being said, this guy met with all the top Outfit guys until he died so it’s hard to believe he was not but who knows.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:06 pm
Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm Yeah I called a friend of mine and he said that he died and that he's been on oxygen for quite a while. He didn't give me much details and he gave me another guys name also but Unfortunately I forgot already - he said he died also from the Old Guard.
Check the charts list, one of those names may job your memory. Larry Pettit was ancient, too; I haven't heard anything about him in years.
1. Joseph Andriacchi / 87
2. Robert Bellavia / 79
3. Bruno Caruso / 74
4. Frank Caruso / 73
5. Nicholas Cataudella / 58
6. Salvatore Cataudella / 66
7. Salvatore DeLaurentis / 80
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76
10. Gary Gagliano / 76
11. Nicholas Guzzino / 77
12. James Inendino / 78
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83
14. Michael Magnafichi / 57
15. James Marcello / 77
16. John Matassa, Jr./68
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90
18. Michael Sarno / 61
19. Michael Spano, Sr./78
20. Michael Talarico / 67
21. Albert Vena / 71
Jesus. This is what's left a the Chicago Outfit? Bunch a senior citizens. Guys doing time. Forget about it. The Democratic party runs chicago now.

JIGGS
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 am
FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm Yeah I called a friend of mine and he said that he died and that he's been on oxygen for quite a while. He didn't give me much details and he gave me another guys name also but Unfortunately I forgot already - he said he died also from the Old Guard.
Check the charts list, one of those names may job your memory. Larry Pettit was ancient, too; I haven't heard anything about him in years.
2. Robert Bellavia / 79
3. Bruno Caruso / 74
4. Frank Caruso / 73
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76
10. Gary Gagliano / 76
12. James Inendino / 78
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83
15. James Marcello / 77
16. John Matassa, Jr./68
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90
18. Michael Sarno / 61
21. Albert Vena / 71
Jesus. This is what's left a the Chicago Outfit? Bunch a senior citizens. Guys doing time. Forget about it. The Democratic party runs chicago now.

JIGGS
That is by no means the definite list. Nick Ferriola and Frank Caruso Jr are not even on it and I think they are both in their 40s. I think someone put it up there bc there was talk of another member dying and people were trying to guess who it was. That list is just the older members.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 am The Democratic party runs chicago now.

JIGGS
:lol: thats the same thing one alleged Chicago guy also told me one or two years ago. He said something like the Outfit was almost dead and that Chicago's politicians took over their rackets lol
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Confederate wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pmthe best researchers on this Forum do not live anywhere near the cities they know most about. So, playing the geography card has been played many times in the past & is irrelevant.
More bullshit. The so-called best researchers don't know a gotdam thing about neighborhoods in a city they never been to or passed by on a visit. What they know is about individual guys who operate in a given city based on what court testimony, affidavits and the j. edgar hoover files say. After that its all guesswork and speculation. The geography card is irrelevant to you because you cant separate a bullshitters facts from any fiction part they might express. Bullshitters offer truth too. But how would you know? You got to have lived there for mpre than a quick minute. Living in spaces where a j.edgar hoover report revolves around is just as relevant as knowing what a report says.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:22 am
JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 am
2. Robert Bellavia / 79
3. Bruno Caruso / 74
4. Frank Caruso / 73
8. Peter DiFronzo / 85
9. Rudolph Fratto / 76
10. Gary Gagliano / 76
12. James Inendino / 78
13. Rocco Lombardo / 83
15. James Marcello / 77
16. John Matassa, Jr./68
17. Lawrence Pettit / 90
18. Michael Sarno / 61
21. Albert Vena / 71

JIGGS
That is by no means the definite list. Nick Ferriola and Frank Caruso Jr are not even on it and I think they are both in their 40s. I think someone put it up there bc there was talk of another member dying and people were trying to guess who it was. That list is just the older members.
Im hip.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Villain wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:28 am
JIGGS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 am The Democratic party runs chicago now.

JIGGS
:lol: thats the same thing one alleged Chicago guy also told me one or two years ago. He said something like the Outfit was almost dead and that Chicago's politicians took over their rackets lol
Aint that the fucking truth! Take this guliani character. They get rid a the mob influence at the javits on the west side a manhattan. Nobody with any kind of affilization, conection, or who is as blood sample relative can score a gig there. Meanwhile they still charge $110 to screw in a light bulb. And it takes 6 fucking guys to do it. Goverment muscles out the mob but the shit the mob implimented stays and gets more exployted even.

JIGGS