Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by SantoClaus »

This is interesting!
A united front of sorts, via some type of JV could be leveraged in Ontario, especially Woodbridge & Hamilton. If I understand correctly?

I’ve heard of this existing in Southern Italy, amongst OC, that’s what was expect to occur in Canada, again.

Could NYC etc. get behind a plan like this? If it’s even possible, sort of what happened in 1931?
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

dixiemafia wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:55 am
JCB1977 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:05 amGrowing up sheltered the way he was, he’ll never make it. They’ll pop him once they have the chance.
I once thought he was sheltered but it seems he had his hands into more things than I thought he did. I thought it was funny that folks even said he would take over when all this was going on and I was proven wrong. It seems him and Sollecito now have things figured out after this so called truce and rumors that they have now teamed with Mirarchi means Desjardins is the one under the gun especially with De Vito and the Scoppa's gone.
And not only that, somehow Rizzuto and Sollecito convinced the bikers and the street gangs to still be working with them.

Perhaps they are all more equals at the table now instead of being under the Rizzutos? Like maybe Leonardo Rizzuto agreed to give the bikers and gangs a larger piece of the pie in order to keep them loyal. We may never know, but there’s got to be a reason why they all work with Leonardo, as opposed to backing rival factions.

And for all we know, Leonardo could be a good mafia politician like Vito was, able to be diplomatic and convince everyone work together.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Vito was a legendary figure in the underworld because he made his bones during the infamous three capos murders.

In order to be a diplomat among the factions you have to earn respect first. I very much doubt his son ever pulled a trigger.

I think the reason the bikers and street gangs choose to work with the old Rizzuto group is simply because of familiarity. They've proven to be the most stable mob faction and they still have the best connections to various groups outside of Canada.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

If Leonardo was feared, his mother's home wouldn't have been robbed. Matter of time before he ends up in the gutter
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:06 am If Leonardo was feared, his mother's home wouldn't have been robbed. Matter of time before he ends up in the gutter
his faction probably carried most of organized crime-related murders recently, included the scoppa's one, i doubt he's not feared
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:45 am
JCB1977 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:06 am If Leonardo was feared, his mother's home wouldn't have been robbed. Matter of time before he ends up in the gutter
his faction probably carried most of organized crime-related murders recently, included the scoppa's one, i doubt he's not feared
Good point...if he wasn’t already feared I bet he is now
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's unbelievable that no creative soul in the entertainment industry picks up on this story and make a serie of it (Bad Blood doesn't count). And then just follow the actual storyline, only change some of the names, and you're good to go. The war with the Scoppa's may be just as good as the Montagna affair so there's plenty of content.

Season 1: Start with Nick Jr.'s wedding as a way to introduce all the characters, then forward to Gerlando Sciascia's murder and the so called break with the Bonannos, then forward to Vito's arrest and have the rest of the season be about the aftermath ending with operation Colisee and perhaps a hindsight of Montagna's arrival. All the while throwing flashbacks of the 70s in between for a good backstory so some of the old rivalries make sense to the public.

Season 2: all about the 2010 coup ending with Montagna's murder and Desjardin's arrest.

Season 3: Vito's return to Canada and taking back control ending with his death and succession.

Season 4: the attacks in 2015. Make it ambiguous to the viewer who's behind it for a large part of the season to have a 'Barzini all along' cliffhanger. You could split this over two seasons so season 5 will be about Leonardo and Sollecito getting their shit together after being almost defeated and then striking back with extreme prejudice.

I'd do this if I could. [emoji846]
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Lupara wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:45 pm It's unbelievable that no creative soul in the entertainment industry picks up on this story and make a serie of it (Bad Blood doesn't count). And then just follow the actual storyline, only change some of the names, and you're good to go. The war with the Scoppa's may be just as good as the Montagna affair so there's plenty of content.

Season 1: Start with Nick Jr.'s wedding as a way to introduce all the characters, then forward to Gerlando Sciascia's murder and the so called break with the Bonannos, then forward to Vito's arrest and have the rest of the season be about the aftermath ending with operation Colisee and perhaps a hindsight of Montagna's arrival. All the while throwing flashbacks of the 70s in between for a good backstory so some of the old rivalries make sense to the public.

Season 2: all about the 2010 coup ending with Montagna's murder and Desjardin's arrest.

Season 3: Vito's return to Canada and taking back control ending with his death and succession.

Season 4: the attacks in 2015. Make it ambiguous to the viewer who's behind it for a large part of the season to have a 'Barzini all along' cliffhanger. You could split this over two seasons so season 5 will be about Leonardo and Sollecito getting their shit together after being almost defeated and then striking back with extreme prejudice.

I'd do this if I could. [emoji846]
Write a screenplay :D
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:48 am In order to be a diplomat among the factions you have to earn respect first. I very much doubt his son ever pulled a trigger.
Remember this thing is a business first and foremost, bikers, Haitians who ever the fuck are going to take money over respect any day. Even the men of honour themselves more than not prize dollars over anything else.
Leonardo offers the best deal in town, who’s going to turn that down because he hasn’t pulled a trigger or gone two rounds with mike Tyson. It’s a business.
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Hell, 3/4 of the Haitians would clip their brother you offered them enough.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Doesn’t mean anything, I bet Cali was respected and feared, all it takes is a nut job or drug addict... or another mob faction could have done that as a message
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:48 am In order to be a diplomat among the factions you have to earn respect first. I very much doubt his son ever pulled a trigger.
Remember this thing is a business first and foremost, bikers, Haitians who ever the fuck are going to take money over respect any day. Even the men of honour themselves more than not prize dollars over anything else.
Leonardo offers the best deal in town, who’s going to turn that down because he hasn’t pulled a trigger or gone two rounds with mike Tyson. It’s a business.
Making money is one thing, being taken serious by other factions another.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Lupara wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Making money is one thing, being taken serious by other factions another.
Name me one thing more serious than money?
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

He lost a bar fight to a biker during the Hells Angel vs Rock Machine war. Could be in peoples’ subconscious, that biker ended up dead.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Blood is more serious than money in certain circles, Rizzuto may be one. Calabrese take blood pretty serious as well.