Wannabes and low lifers 40y+old

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

queensnyer
Straightened out

Re: Wannabes and low lifers 40y+old

Post by queensnyer »

Ive seen them used and heard guys refer to them as throwaways...just like a gun you use once and throw it away
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

queensnyer wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:46 pm Ive seen them used and heard guys refer to them as throwaways...just like a gun you use once and throw it away
I think if throwaway was the phrases used instead of “wannabes” and “low lifers” I would have understood better what a wannabe mobster actual is. Although I guess what I defined as a wannabe could be grouped in as such as well. Dying to live up to the name of someone they aren’t related to, so I’m sure they’ll do anything some wise guy wants them to lol
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Peppermint wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 pm What exactly even constitutes as a “mob wannabe” from what I’ve gathered in this thread, the kinds of people you are referring to just sounds like middle aged criminals that never made any effort to expanded into more lucrative criminal activity. When I think of a mob wanna be, I think of someone who just so happens to have Gambino as their last name, and because of that act like they’re connected, and if you fuck with them you’re just “one phone call away from being whacked” even though the threats are always empty, and are never actually related to anyone from the Gambino crime family. That’s what I think of when I think of what a mob wannabe is
Jerry Colombo of South Carolina was a perfect example of that.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Canardo
Honorary Member

Post by Canardo »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 pm What exactly even constitutes as a “mob wannabe” from what I’ve gathered in this thread, the kinds of people you are referring to just sounds like middle aged criminals that never made any effort to expanded into more lucrative criminal activity. When I think of a mob wanna be, I think of someone who just so happens to have Gambino as their last name, and because of that act like they’re connected, and if you fuck with them you’re just “one phone call away from being whacked” even though the threats are always empty, and are never actually related to anyone from the Gambino crime family. That’s what I think of when I think of what a mob wannabe is
That the guy who was involved in those McDonalds lottery scams..?
Feed me, Seymour!
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

“Beats working for a living “
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Canardo wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 am
Pretty sure he’s referring to him, I actually just watched that documentary about exactly this on Hulu. Pretty interesting stuff.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Peppermint wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:16 pm
Canardo wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 am
Pretty sure he’s referring to him, I actually just watched that documentary about exactly this on Hulu. Pretty interesting stuff.
Yeah that’s him, interesting shit but Robin Colombo’s story doesn’t add up. Bear in mind she only knew him for a couple years before his death.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:12 pm And even Vella took part in a murder.

Pogo

Didn't Vella do time with Frank Salemme in a prison as according to this article that they knew each other.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/ma ... ed/?page=3
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Who know if Gennaro Bruno or Todd LaBarca will have some respect when they will go out in the 2030s? For sure not tobe made butva wannabe that accept to serve 20 years behind bars is rare today.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

FriendofFamily wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:34 pm Some of these guys are boosting shit from the Grocery Store just because they can...
You want it to be one way but it's the other way.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 pm
FriendofFamily wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:34 pm Some of these guys are boosting shit from the Grocery Store just because they can...
Jack licavoli was the boss and was caught switching price tags on pants
I remember reading something about how when Frank Bompensiero was underboss in SoCal he shared a car with his daughter. An underboss. Could you imagine a 5 families underboss sharing a car with their kid? Maybe a Bonanno or Colombo UB but definitely not a Genovese, Gambino or Lucchese one.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Colombo underboss Benjamin Castellazzo was living in a rundown trailer in New Jersey and claimed his wife was on food stamps.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydail ... utType=amp
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."