Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus.

Post by scagghiuni »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:49 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 am
Peppermint wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:57 am Ah yeah, my apologies

no idea what anyone is doing there. Though I did find an article that said for whatever reason the NY mob is being choked out but the mob in Italy is thriving which don’t make much sense to me
any criminal organization will be damaged by covid19, especially those involved only in drugs or few other things, without people around the demand for drugs will collapse enormously, same for prostitution, extortions, construction industry, waste disposal, bets ... what remains? online gaming and food distribution
Drugs will remain stable unless it’s party pills. If it’s anything people are addicted to, this lockdown will only make demand skyrocket, and the market will shrink as some dealers decide not to go out during lockdown.

I agree on all other counts though, nothing to extort, nothing to gamble on, just an overall slowdown of every part of the economy.
with no people around, bars and discos closed, drug squares controlled by police, the risk of reporting if you are on the street without reason, the shutdown of much international air and ship traffic, the drug market both local and international can't be stable but collapse... most of clients are not addicts but guys to use it for fun when they go out, the addicts (mostly of heroin) are a small percent
I often forget that Italy is a whole different ballgame. I remember reading about those drug squares in Gomorrah. That’s why I can imagine that any drug dealer still operating during these times is going to see a huge upswing in business, because this lockdown creates a supply problem, not a demand problem.

I feel - and, of course, I could be wrong - that big-time drug dealers will continue to operate, and that it will be the smaller, less-organized narcotics outfits that will retire.
concerning italy (but i bet also in other places) police said that the international drug routes are mostly blocked because of the shutdown of air and ships traffic, more controls on the borders etc. so the big drug dealers have probably problems too, not just the street ones, to import cocaine from colombia or heroin from afghanistan is by far more difficult at the moment, and even to distribute local weed
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

scagghiuni wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:24 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm

no idea what anyone is doing there. Though I did find an article that said for whatever reason the NY mob is being choked out but the mob in Italy is thriving which don’t make much sense to me
any criminal organization will be damaged by covid19, especially those involved only in drugs or few other things, without people around the demand for drugs will collapse enormously, same for prostitution, extortions, construction industry, waste disposal, bets ... what remains? online gaming and food distribution
Drugs will remain stable unless it’s party pills. If it’s anything people are addicted to, this lockdown will only make demand skyrocket, and the market will shrink as some dealers decide not to go out during lockdown.

I agree on all other counts though, nothing to extort, nothing to gamble on, just an overall slowdown of every part of the economy.
with no people around, bars and discos closed, drug squares controlled by police, the risk of reporting if you are on the street without reason, the shutdown of much international air and ship traffic, the drug market both local and international can't be stable but collapse... most of clients are not addicts but guys to use it for fun when they go out, the addicts (mostly of heroin) are a small percent
I often forget that Italy is a whole different ballgame. I remember reading about those drug squares in Gomorrah. That’s why I can imagine that any drug dealer still operating during these times is going to see a huge upswing in business, because this lockdown creates a supply problem, not a demand problem.

I feel - and, of course, I could be wrong - that big-time drug dealers will continue to operate, and that it will be the smaller, less-organized narcotics outfits that will retire.
concerning italy (but i bet also in other places) police said that the international drug routes are mostly blocked because of the shutdown of air and ships traffic, more controls on the borders etc. so the big drug dealers have probably problems too, not just the street ones, to import cocaine from colombia or heroin from afghanistan is by far more difficult at the moment, and even to distribute local weed
Yeah, anything being imported is going to take a hit.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Art Vandalay’s apparently in trouble.

Imports: Latex or Chips (some potato, some corn). Exports: Latex or Diapers or Long matches.

3DAFE1B5-9B10-4382-8A1D-82BB3A32BE0F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 pm https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html

Vinny Asaro trying to get out.
Jesus Christ, on top of everything else, the poor guy's got the Hep C.

Think about it, Ton'. Sudden weight loss...

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:41 pm Think about it, Ton'. Sudden weight loss...

AIDES?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

This is when dealers start creating synthetics. Like when heroin in Russia become too expensive for the average user to afford. Eventually those addicts started creating Krokodil, and supplying themselves. The dealers there soon caught on, and monopolized it. This synthetic opiate turned into a significant problem for Russia, use was so wide spread it became an epidemic for a period of time there, so much so that heroin use dropped to record low levels of usage and I’m pretty sure those numbers still to this day remain low, though I could be wrong.

Point being, if people are desperate enough they’ll get high off anything and throw all their money away to get it too. It doesn’t matter if cocaine or heroin supplies will get disrupted, because someone with a make shift lab in their basement or garage will create something else to replace it with, because a modern human’s dopamine receptors are so fucked up from instant and cheap gratification, that we can get addicted to anything now-a-days.

You’ll see, I promise
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:46 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:41 pm Think about it, Ton'. Sudden weight loss...

AIDES?

Pogo
NOBODIES GOT AIDS!

😂
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html

John Matera (Bino button) seeking release.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Ronnie Carlucci and Big Mike Viga both got the virus they’re in NYU on ventilators. Outlook not good.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

As far as the drug thing goes here in the U.S. I think the virus won't change the marijuana game whatsoever,and as far as the other shit I think the big time organized will probably take a hit in the long run ,or maybe the quality might go down with organizations trying to stretch product as best as possible.Most fentanyl comes from China or Mexico so I imagine that will cause a pretty big effect on the dope game . But one thing I know for a fact is as long as USPS ,UPS,FedEx keep making deliveries then guys will still be getting bricks as usual. You would be amazed at how much drugs and cash comes through that way on a daily basis , I used to get packs from Cali like that and never had a problem for years and that was weed ,guys will still be sending dope and coke from P.R. And D.R. And wherever else as long as they can ,that will NEVER stop
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I don't wish this virus on anyone other than child molesters and terrorists it's crazy you could have two people same age same physical shape and it kill one and barely even bother the other it's horrible ,thank God I don't personally know anyone that has it but the way it's going we may all end up knowing someone that gets it . My cousin in Danbury says it's almost inevitable the way it's spreading in there , imagine going in for a few months or a year on a gambling charge of a bullshit violation and possibly not making it out due to the virus . With all the money they make the medical care in the federal prison system is horrible , and the state at least where I'm from is probably worse unless your lucky enough to be sent to outside hospital
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

CTamg65 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:08 pm As far as the drug thing goes here in the U.S. I think the virus won't change the marijuana game whatsoever,and as far as the other shit I think the big time organized will probably take a hit in the long run ,or maybe the quality might go down with organizations trying to stretch product as best as possible.Most fentanyl comes from China or Mexico so I imagine that will cause a pretty big effect on the dope game . But one thing I know for a fact is as long as USPS ,UPS,FedEx keep making deliveries then guys will still be getting bricks as usual. You would be amazed at how much drugs and cash comes through that way on a daily basis , I used to get packs from Cali like that and never had a problem for years and that was weed ,guys will still be sending dope and coke from P.R. And D.R. And wherever else as long as they can ,that will NEVER stop
Only drug markets I see it really effecting is the cocaine / crack trades, and the heroin trade. Hardly at that, because like I already explained not only will drug addicts go any length to get the money to buy drugs, but also if the pandemic gets bad enough synthetics will eventually take their place. Since they’re easy to manufacture, and can be manufactured here at home, using household products and over the counter medicines, like meth, instead of relying on labs abroad to manufacture and then distribute here.

That is one thing about the illegal drug trade that people never seem to understand, or completely forget. It’s a market that is constantly evolving, and adapting to the environmental circumstances that surround it and those involved in it, both the clientele, and the dealer. That’s why the war on drugs is such a tremendous waste of money, one road block opens up a hundred new routes of opportunity.

It’s one of humanity’s oldest professions, along side: farming, hunting, fishing, prostitution, gambling, bounty hunting, wetworks, politics, and waging wars.

None of these, selling drugs included, no matter the circumstances, are going to ever stop happening until there are no more humans to even engage in these kinds of activities anymore. Aka we all die.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I mean, people are breaking the law literally just to go to the beach, so I just find it hard to believe that longtime drug users, even if they don’t fit the criteria of “addicts,” will all of a sudden be sober for the next 4 weeks.

Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:29 pm I mean, people are breaking the law literally just to go to the beach, so I just find it hard to believe that longtime drug users, even if they don’t fit the criteria of “addicts,” will all of a sudden be sober for the next 4 weeks.
The issue isn’t so much users not leaving the house to buy, but the dealer’s supply being disrupted by closed borders and the difficulties that come with transporting drugs abroad that come with that. But like I said, the drug trade is notorious for evolving and adapting to any circumstances that are thrown in it’s way that may cause a hinderance. So regardless, unless everyone that uses and sells drugs dies, that’s the one type of business that is going to if anything thrive during these times.