Does anyone know when Joey Hansen died?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Does anyone know when Joey Hansen died?

Post by Antiliar »

Sources state that he died shortly before the Family Secrets trial and used to live in Marina del Rey in California. Does anyone have his specific date of death, or even better, birth and death dates?
Clark
Straightened out

Re: Does anyone know when Joey Hansen died?

Post by Clark »

Hey Antiliar,

I searched the US Public Records Index and I believe his DOB was 21 Sep 1937. This date is tied to a Joseph Charles Hansen who resided at 5958 W Cornelia Ave. I found an old article with an arrest from 1959 and he was 21 at that time and resided at 5995 Eddy Street. This would mean the years match, and when I googled the two addresses they are literally a two minute walk apart. I also found a 1967 divorce record for him and some old California addresses, but no solid death date. Hope this helps!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm Sources state that he died shortly before the Family Secrets trial and used to live in Marina del Rey in California. Does anyone have his specific date of death, or even better, birth and death dates?
Do we have confirmation that he is dead? I've been thinking about this lately. We know that there were several people that were originally slated to be indicted. Joseph LaMantia died before the indictments were released and we have death records for him. Frank Saladino was listed on the indictment but died before he was taken into custody. Schweihs was severed for health reasons and died before trial. However, John DiFronzo was simply left off of the indictment, ostensibly because of lack of corroborating evidence against him. Perhaps the same thing happened with Hansen? At 81 years old, he could still be alive out there.

Just a thought.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

The issue I came across is that most of the online death records for California seem to only go up until the late 1990s. There are still other places that it could pop up, but it definitely limited my search.
Scottychicago
Associate

Post by Scottychicago »

He’s definitely dead. He died of cancer in the early 2000s. I’m thinking it was 2002 or 2003. But not before the FBI came and got a DNA swab from his mouth. He definitely would have been indicted if had not died.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Clark wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 am Hey Antiliar,

I searched the US Public Records Index and I believe his DOB was 21 Sep 1937. This date is tied to a Joseph Charles Hansen who resided at 5958 W Cornelia Ave. I found an old article with an arrest from 1959 and he was 21 at that time and resided at 5995 Eddy Street. This would mean the years match, and when I googled the two addresses they are literally a two minute walk apart. I also found a 1967 divorce record for him and some old California addresses, but no solid death date. Hope this helps!
I saw that, but it seems that this person might still be alive, maybe living in Huntington Beach. One FBI doc that gives an approximate age for him has a birth year of 1934 and lived at 4226 Via Marina Drive in Marina Del Rey.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

2002 Threat Assessment against Nick Calabrese gives Hansen's birthdate but not his address.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm
Clark wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 am Hey Antiliar,

I saw that, but it seems that this person might still be alive, maybe living in Huntington Beach. One FBI doc that gives an approximate age for him has a birth year of 1934 and lived at 4226 Via Marina Drive in Marina Del Rey.
The September 21, 1937 also had a Marina Drive address so I think they are one and the same. Based on that FBI report above, who knows the exact date, but it seems to be September 1937 for the likely DOB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Forgot about the threat assessment, so thanks Cavita and Clark. The mystery is solved and it looks like he's still alive and living in Orange County, practically my neighbor. Apparently rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 pm Forgot about the threat assessment, so thanks Cavita and Clark. The mystery is solved and it looks like he's still alive and living in Orange County, practically my neighbor. Apparently rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated.
Oh wow, that's interesting. I was certain that he was confirmed dead right before FS. Thanks for this thread.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 pm Forgot about the threat assessment, so thanks Cavita and Clark. The mystery is solved and it looks like he's still alive and living in Orange County, practically my neighbor. Apparently rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated.
Oh wow, that's interesting. I was certain that he was confirmed dead right before FS. Thanks for this thread.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Update: His current address seems to be in Ladera Ranch near Mission Viejo and San Juan Capistrano in south OC.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Joey Hansen is long been dead. As a previous poster stated, he died shortly before the family secrets trial. The FBI did take his DNA to link him to some of the murders. See below link for the justice report where they mention he is deceased. I’m not sure of the exact year but it’s between 2001 to 2005

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/il ... 425_01.pdf
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Here is a close up of it saying he is deceased
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

According to the fbi he is dead they listed him as deceased. What makes you think he’s a alive? If you google joe ferriola stuff comes up showing he’s 90 something years old and living in oak brook still but we know he’s been dead for years
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono