Wwe/wwf Vince McMahon

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Wwe/wwf Vince McMahon

Post by Mikeymike12 »

I wonder if he ever had to pay something .His headquarters is in Stamford Ct , and his main Venue location was the Manhattan Center in NYC. Then he took Wrestlemania 1 to the Garden which changed the game of wrestling. All the smaller independent local wrestling companies went under (the other WrestlingTerritories) .Which I’m sure one or a few of those local wrestling territories were paying the local mob for a few reasons . Then with Vince taking them out of business, I’m surprise we never heard of a sit down or some kinda payment .
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Wwe/wwf Vince McMahon

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Actually his family had been running shows at the garden since the 1930s. Doubtful if he ever had any run ins with OC. With the way he has been covered and investigated and how much all the wrestlers from the different eras have talked something would have come to light.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Hahaha this is such a dumb thread. Stamford is barely mobbed up. Are there mobsters there? Like 5 and its not like they run the city..
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Thats also like saying “oh this company is based out of manhattan, I wonder if they are mobbed up” lol
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Extortion wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:11 pm Thats also like saying “oh this company is based out of manhattan, I wonder if they are mobbed up” lol
+1
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

Everyone knows the mob fixes all WWE matches :P
Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

With how prolific and a character Vince is, if it they were mobbed up it would've been out a while ago.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Extortion wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm Hahaha this is such a dumb thread. Stamford is barely mobbed up. Are there mobsters there? Like 5 and its not like they run the city..
Obviously you don’t know how it was smart guy
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

And it’s not really about where it’s located it’s more about him destroying all the territories and I’m sure some of those territory owners were paying something to a local mob to operate certain venues , Merch motels restaurants transportation maybe even wrestlers
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Just about every wrestler, booker and promoter from the territory days have talked extensively about those days and nothing like that has ever come out. Nor do I recall anything like that mention in everything that has come out on LCN.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Considering the shady and sleazy history of pro wrestling its not dumb at all to wonder if there were any connections.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Maybe more likely 1%er MC, specifically throughout all the smaller territories, prior to McMahon consolidated them.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Extortion wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm Hahaha this is such a dumb thread. Stamford is barely mobbed up. Are there mobsters there? Like 5 and its not like they run the city..
You’d be suprised at how much juice they have.. Stamford has always been notoriously corrupt I recommend Rouge Town by Vito Colluci great book and it sheds a lot of light on the crooked shit that went on and still goes on there
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

I can settle this now once and for all. With all the informants flipping from Massino/Gravano/D'Arco/Fratianno - no one , I repeat no one , has ever said wrestling had to pay a tab to the local family. Wrestling was basically ignored by the bookies. The money was on baseball, pro fights, football and basketball. case closed- FINITO!
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Maybe im wronf but i still stand by saying its dimb about vince...All im saying is that yes there are mobsters in stamford but it has become very corporate-like and i lived there last year. A breeding ground no but like any place outside nyc is gonna have a handful of mobsters