Being a mobster in 2020?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Being a mobster in 2020?

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Quarter pounder with cheese.
The caddy of burgers.
Ketchup n mustard.

Now if you add Lettuce and tomato to your burger (which is absolutely fine) you add mayo.

Those are the rules. Don’t fuck with them and you’ll be fine. Just the burger n cheese: just ketchup n mustard. You add tomato n lettuce, you add the mayo.
We clear?

But hotdogs are a different subject....that’s all up in the air that shit....
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I hate ketchup and mustard. Just meat and cheese for my burgers. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:12 pm I hate ketchup and mustard. Just meat and cheese for my burgers. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Get. the. fuck. off. the. forum.

😶🤬😉
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:57 am My favorite thing about New Yorkers is when they travel to other parts of the country and whine about how there is "no culture" in those places.

I've had to listen to this three times in Las Vegas so far and it will never stop being funny. I mean, it's a resort city out in the desert. The fuck were they expecting, Broadway?

My advice to these people? Just stop leaving New York, easiest thing in the world.
The only New Yorkers who say this do absolutely nothing of a cultural nature.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:08 pm Quarter pounder with cheese.
The caddy of burgers.
Ketchup n mustard.

Now if you add Lettuce and tomato to your burger (which is absolutely fine) you add mayo.

Those are the rules. Don’t fuck with them and you’ll be fine. Just the burger n cheese: just ketchup n mustard. You add tomato n lettuce, you add the mayo.
We clear?

I like Big Macs too, but they're all around.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

UTC wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:49 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:57 am My favorite thing about New Yorkers is when they travel to other parts of the country and whine about how there is "no culture" in those places.

I've had to listen to this three times in Las Vegas so far and it will never stop being funny. I mean, it's a resort city out in the desert. The fuck were they expecting, Broadway?

My advice to these people? Just stop leaving New York, easiest thing in the world.
The only New Yorkers who say this do absolutely nothing of a cultural nature.
The impression I get this days is that the old-school "real" New Yorkers actually now live in the suburbs or way in out outer boroughs like Staten Island. True?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

MSFRD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am From an Australian perspective, the criminal element has been ‘dumbed down’ considerably from 30-40 years ago. The underworld has changed immensely.
First, there are many who are in it who should not be there. We underestimate the influence and power of Hollywood on the minds of the young; being a ‘gangster’ and emulation of the lifestyle of Tony Montana has drawn many kids who just aren’t cut out for this lifestyle. This has exploded with social media. The ability to project an image and engage in disorganised violence draws many disaffected kids to crime.
Secondly, the newcomers to this world engage in primarily one thing: drug trafficking. It’s not very difficult to sell drugs and make exorbitant amounts of money.
The way I hear the ‘knowledgeable’ posters speak of the old neighbourhood guys sitting around trying to think of scores, and hustling to make a dollar or build a racket reminds me of the old-school Australian crims. The old-school underworld was full of crims who had to have some brains, had to use their cunning ability to make a living in the shadows.
Of course, there are and always will be the men who do not wish to play by the rules and are naturally adept at deception, with the ability to skirt the law and make a living. But they are saturated by young thugs influenced by tv, or the drug affected bottom-feeders; both of these do not have the ability to pull off intricate scams, or white-collar crimes. Yet, they are now the majority in a world they don’t belong in. Most likely these wannabe’s are the vast majority of the recruitment pool for the modern LCN.
Forgive me, but this entire statement strikes me as bullshit...

Didnt the Australian Calabrians get their start from growing and selling marijuana?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

And didnt the Calabrians in general get to be a Global powerhouse from narcotics? Not corruption of public works in Reggio Calabria, like come on man....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

UTC wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:50 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:08 pm Quarter pounder with cheese.
The caddy of burgers.
Ketchup n mustard.

We clear?

I like Big Macs too, but they're all around.
I like hookers. You just don’t do them.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

The Majority of Brooklyn, 95% of Manhattan, and Western Queens like Astoria & Long Island City are all people from places like Kansas who thought it would be cool to move to NYC and/or tons of douchebag hipsters (especially in Brooklyn).

I am 35 years old and caught the very tail end of the dying real New York but my Father tells me stories about it from the 60s and 70s growing up right across the river in Jersey and going into the City at 13 years old to drink and smoke weed in the city and see concerts in the village. I just pray nobody fucks with the Jersey Shore and ruins it next, I would be devastated.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 am The Majority of Brooklyn, 95% of Manhattan, and Western Queens like Astoria & Long Island City are all people from places like Kansas who thought it would be cool to move to NYC and/or tons of douchebag hipsters (especially in Brooklyn).

I am 35 years old and caught the very tail end of the dying real New York but my Father tells me stories about it from the 60s and 70s growing up right across the river in Jersey and going into the City at 13 years old to drink and smoke weed in the city and see concerts in the village. I just pray nobody fucks with the Jersey Shore and ruins it next, I would be devastated.
The Jersey Shore isn’t already an abysmal shit hole that been ruined by drug addicts and greasy guidos that aren’t even really Italian?

Wow what are the odds
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Google Demographics of Brooklyn in 2020:
White 36%
Black 36%
Hispanic 20%
Asian 11%
Other Races 9%
The total adds up to 112% because 12% are of mixed race.

The numbers speak for themselves.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 am The Majority of Brooklyn, 95% of Manhattan, and Western Queens like Astoria & Long Island City are all people from places like Kansas who thought it would be cool to move to NYC and/or tons of douchebag hipsters (especially in Brooklyn).

Yeah this is the impression I get. Seems like the real New Yorkers are mostly in New Jersey or Long Island now, with the ones still in the city limits in de facto suburbs like Throgg's Neck or Staten Island.

Of course I've never even been to New York, so I can't talk shit, but that's the impression I get.

Chicago is like this, too. Seems like everyone with an actual Chicago accent lives in a suburb now.

The cool old cities of yesteryear? They're still around, they just shifted to... the suburbs. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 am
MSFRD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am From an Australian perspective, the criminal element has been ‘dumbed down’ considerably from 30-40 years ago. The underworld has changed immensely.
First, there are many who are in it who should not be there. We underestimate the influence and power of Hollywood on the minds of the young; being a ‘gangster’ and emulation of the lifestyle of Tony Montana has drawn many kids who just aren’t cut out for this lifestyle. This has exploded with social media. The ability to project an image and engage in disorganised violence draws many disaffected kids to crime.
Secondly, the newcomers to this world engage in primarily one thing: drug trafficking. It’s not very difficult to sell drugs and make exorbitant amounts of money.
The way I hear the ‘knowledgeable’ posters speak of the old neighbourhood guys sitting around trying to think of scores, and hustling to make a dollar or build a racket reminds me of the old-school Australian crims. The old-school underworld was full of crims who had to have some brains, had to use their cunning ability to make a living in the shadows.
Of course, there are and always will be the men who do not wish to play by the rules and are naturally adept at deception, with the ability to skirt the law and make a living. But they are saturated by young thugs influenced by tv, or the drug affected bottom-feeders; both of these do not have the ability to pull off intricate scams, or white-collar crimes. Yet, they are now the majority in a world they don’t belong in. Most likely these wannabe’s are the vast majority of the recruitment pool for the modern LCN.

Didnt the Australian Calabrians get their start from growing and selling marijuana?
The Calabrian’s got their start in the fruit and vegetable racket. Without going into too much detail because I can’t be bothered, they have rackets that require more brains and sophistication than low-level drug dealing and trafficking; the majority of which is done by men who lack the brains to get into more complex scams/rackets.

In times gone by, there were was a larger proportion of men who went in to the underworld with more street smarts and the ability to set up long-term rackets. Most were also ‘schooled’ in the ways of the world and the code to abide by. Most knew someone or had relatives who brought them around. Drug dealing or trafficking at the lower levels now constitutes the majority of the criminal element and the crimes on its periphery. Incidentally, the number of people who before would not have been able to be accepted amongst the milieu, are now a part of and constitute the majority of criminals. It has dramatically altered the underworld fabric. Hence my comment about ‘dumbed down’.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 am

So they didnt hit Donald McKay for fucking with the marijuana?

Did they become worldwide FRUIT AND VEGETABLE EXPORTERS?