Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Cough-A-Nostra

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:43 pm
Since the days of Lucky Luciano, when the Five Families started.

Christie will love this. :mrgreen:

Pogo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus.

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:54 pm Organized Crime In The Time Of Corona
https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardbeh ... bafd72150d

Two inmates with NYC mob ties seek release due to coronavirus fears
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html
Fucking CANT STAND Frazese. For the love of god don’t click on his pizza business link.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

According to this article, no idea how accurate it is, but perhaps some of you may:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavir ... e-thriving

Apparently the Mob in NY is suffering, but in Italy, where the quarantine is far more restrictive the Mob is thriving. How is that even possible? Seems backwards, I would have imagined quite the opposite being the situation. Thoughts?
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

Peppermint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:03 pm According to this article, no idea how accurate it is, but perhaps some of you may:

Apparently the Mob in NY is suffering, but in Italy, where the quarantine is far more restrictive the Mob is thriving. How is that even possible? Seems backwards, I would have imagined quite the opposite being the situation. Thoughts?
In the articles picture the signs next to the two Carabinieri what does that one sign say? No trombones?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Peppermint wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:03 pm According to this article, no idea how accurate it is, but perhaps some of you may:

I'm going to be honest, I read the NY Post's "Cough-a-Nostra" article as well as an article stating how the Mafia in Italy was actually flourishing from COVID-19, but both articles are incredibly speculative. You could probably get an article greenlit for the New York Post saying that the Mafia is going to flourish because everyone will be visiting illegal speakeasies to flaunt lockdown laws, and mobsters are going back to the days of Prohibition to make alcohol for hand sanitizer, and everyone who has lost their jobs will go to a Mafia shylock to survive. There will be winners and losers across the board, and I certainly don't think the Mafia over in Italy are throwing any celebrations for coronavirus as the new golden goose.

That's not to say I'm against a bit of healthy speculation, but we haven't seen any real evidence of how the mob is actually facing during this crisis, so time will tell.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

i don't see as the mafia can flourish with the current lockdown, no extortions, no drug, no gambling, no public works... the only business left is the fruit and vegetable markets and food distributions
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:00 am i don't see as the mafia can flourish with the current lockdown, no extortions, no drug, no gambling, no public works... the only business left is the fruit and vegetable markets and food distributions
No drugs??? I’m NY, where it is worse than anywhere else in the country. Drug sales have increased, probably because more and more people are turning to drugs because they don’t got anything better to do, and they’re scared. I’m pretty sure the families that deal with drugs are doing fine.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Peppermint wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:24 am
scagghiuni wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:00 am i don't see as the mafia can flourish with the current lockdown, no extortions, no drug, no gambling, no public works... the only business left is the fruit and vegetable markets and food distributions
No drugs??? I’m NY, where it is worse than anywhere else in the country. Drug sales have increased, probably because more and more people are turning to drugs because they don’t got anything better to do, and they’re scared. I’m pretty sure the families that deal with drugs are doing fine.
i'm talking of italy, the whole country is under lockdown, there are not pusher, there is not distribution
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:32 am
Peppermint wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:24 am
i'm talking of italy, the whole country is under lockdown, there are not pusher, there is not distribution
Ah yeah, my apologies

no idea what anyone is doing there. Though I did find an article that said for whatever reason the NY mob is being choked out but the mob in Italy is thriving which don’t make much sense to me
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

Cacuzza wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:27 pm

In the articles picture the signs next to the two Carabinieri what does that one sign say? No trombones?
Eh Cumpari, ci vo sunari? Chi si sona? A la trombona. Ma comu si sona a la trombona? A fumma a fumma, a la trombona.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/bookies-o ... ut-sports/

Count me in as one of the degenerates, if there’s anything I have learned about myself from this whole mess of a situation is that I am 100% a gambling addict. I have been losing a few dimes betting on the strangest shit lol. Also have been playing hours upon hours of online offshore bookie live dealer Blackjack. What a mess this whole situation is here in Jersey....
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:55 am https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/bookies-o ... ut-sports/

Count me in as one of the degenerates, if there’s anything I have learned about myself from this whole mess of a situation is that I am 100% a gambling addict. I have been losing a few dimes betting on the strangest shit lol. Also have been playing hours upon hours of online offshore bookie live dealer Blackjack. What a mess this whole situation is here in Jersey....
I for one hate sports, I’m probably the only guy I know that isn’t a homosexual, or an incel, that thinks sports are the most boring shit in the world.

With that said, this is actually the kind of obscure shit I could find myself betting on. Does that make me a degenerate?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Peppermint wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pmI for one hate sports, I’m probably the only guy I know that isn’t a homosexual, or an incel, that thinks sports are the most boring shit in the world.

With that said, this is actually the kind of obscure shit I could find myself betting on. Does that make me a degenerate?
Seriously? Not even football?
All roads lead to New York.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:41 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pmI for one hate sports, I’m probably the only guy I know that isn’t a homosexual, or an incel, that thinks sports are the most boring shit in the world.

Yeah I don’t know, I tried to get into them, I even played sports as a kid growing up, just doesn’t peek my interest. I’m the black sheep of my family (for other reasons too, not just my lack of interest in sports), everyone loves sports, and all the men are athletic. I’m almost 30 years old, and it’s the one thing about me my Dad refuses to respect about me. Calls me a faggot all the time because of it, and tells me it’s the one thing he wishes he could change about me LOL. All in good fun though, we laugh about it then smoke a bowl and watch Fox News together.

Been to plenty of professional games too, that however I can actually sit through though, because that is an experience. The fun of being at a game is more than just the game, it can be fun for anybody. I do however watch horses races with my Uncle, I don’t really bet myself but I got a knack apparently for choosing the winner so he typically has me place his bets for him. My secret? No idea, I just look at the line up of horses and go with my gut, I don’t know shit about horse racing, don’t really care for that either I just like knowing I’m making someone in my family some money, and that makes it fun for me.

Anyway, sorry about derailing the thread, didn’t expect anyone would actually make a comment about it lol
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:41 pm

I hate football the most...are you really that surprised some people dont like or watch sports. Playing this a different story but if you cant imagine that then youre sheltered or close minded
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo