Coronavirus Mob Causalties

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: The Mob and Coronavirus.

Post by TommyNoto »

Whatever and I agree with both of you

No need to act like jerks but who cares , always the negativity first, I’m so smart , let’s talk down to anyone who doesn’t think like me.

It’s depression era for small business now. All lenders are going to be counted on in the next 3 months to keep the system from failing but the legit lenders are bailing as they don’t lend into holes , hence the Govt stepping in but too little to late.

Let’s move on as it was a stupid comment but i feel loansharking will be unofficially decriminalized by LE for the next few months.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:06 am If the mob is a struggling, contracting business, will this accelerate their decreasing market share and influence?

Their income from vice will surely stagnate as disposable income takes a hit.

And who is going to be building skyscrapers in a depression?

OR

The old moustache pete’s found ways to prosper coming out of a depression. Does the current crop have the criminal acumen to do the same?

We know the mob (Colombo’s) are more than happy to profiteer off of a disaster (9/11).

?

Construction of all kind should be fine, and on going. Depending on the state, construction workers are considered essential workers and so aren’t ordered to quarantine. Likewise with other mob related industries, like waste management, or Italian delicatessens, all considered essential in states like New York as well and thus will remain operational.

The families and crews involved in the drug trade are probably jumping for joy and doing jumping jacks though. No better time to sit around and get high all day than now when there isn’t much else to do, and when being sober just makes you panic. They’re probably making crazy money right now.
The drug business will boom until customers run out of money. I imagine loansharks will make a mint off of this, if I were more motivated I might consider getting into the secured loan business myself.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah but the vast majority of the mobs loansharking business is a result of their gambling business. If no one is gambling then they are not falling into debt to the mob and thus no need to go to a loan shark.

Considering how many have interests in bars and restaurants I'm sure they are taking a bath on that as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Unless you’re manufacturing toilet paper, N95 masks, hand sanitizer or ventilators you’re going to get fucked over this.

Mob or no mob everybody loses.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:47 pm Unless you’re manufacturing toilet paper, N95 masks, hand sanitizer or ventilators you’re going to get fucked over this.

It's a great time to buy stock, it will probably take at least a year to see any profit, but if you can afford to wait it will definitely be worth it in the long run.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:47 pm Unless you’re manufacturing toilet paper, N95 masks, hand sanitizer or ventilators you’re going to get fucked over this.

It's a great time to buy stock, it will probably take at least a year to see any profit, but if you can afford to wait it will definitely be worth it in the long run.
Dow’s down another 5% (futures pre market).
You like catching falling piano’s?

Do yourself a favour and check out a chart of the Nikkei from 1990. It hit 29k around then. It then went on to 8,000. Its NEVER made it back to 29k. It took twenty YEARS to make it back into the 20’s. Be careful, these things can and do happen.

If no ones out of their houses for the next twelve months just buying food and medicine, where do you think the stock market goes? Up? Or down? Look at a chart of the Dow. 08 crisis we were at 8,000. We’re at Eighteen thousand now. And shit WILL get worse. Airline industry is gone. Hotel industry. Anything tourist related. Restaurants. Bars. Fucked.

The government and the fed are officially now out of bullets. Rates are at zero, they going negative? Probably. Still won’t do anything. Who borrows when you can’t spend? Can’t leave your house. Bailout? After this trillion dollar bailout what’s left? Government tax revenue is gone the next twelve months, are they just going to print and print? Then what? Inflation? What happens then? Raise rates? 😂
The government and the fed can’t do anything here.
The only thing you should be looking at doing is selling bounces in the market, not buying dips.

Unless you like to tear up 5% of your cash. Daily.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

was wondering what gambling crews are doing. the little book i use, wager online and settle in person, has literally resorted to betting on the lotto numbers. over/unders on the sums of the pick 4, things like that . i would imagine that there are still card games and dice games going on.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:01 pm
Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:06 am If the mob is a struggling, contracting business, will this accelerate their decreasing market share and influence?

Their income from vice will surely stagnate as disposable income takes a hit.

And who is going to be building skyscrapers in a depression?

OR

The old moustache pete’s found ways to prosper coming out of a depression. Does the current crop have the criminal acumen to do the same?

We know the mob (Colombo’s) are more than happy to profiteer off of a disaster (9/11).

?

Construction of all kind should be fine, and on going. Depending on the state, construction workers are considered essential workers and so aren’t ordered to quarantine. Likewise with other mob related industries, like waste management, or Italian delicatessens, all considered essential in states like New York as well and thus will remain operational.

The families and crews involved in the drug trade are probably jumping for joy and doing jumping jacks though. No better time to sit around and get high all day than now when there isn’t much else to do, and when being sober just makes you panic. They’re probably making crazy money right now.
The drug business will boom until customers run out of money. I imagine loansharks will make a mint off of this, if I were more motivated I might consider getting into the secured loan business myself.
That’s when people start trading away their valuables, and other possessions for drugs. Eventually even giving away their houses, and because people are mostly weak to addiction and hardly ever recover and remain clean. Drug dealers are going to inherit the Earth.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://gangsterreport.com/windy-city-m ... trictions/

MAFIA HANGOUT RECEIVED VISIT FROM CPD FOR ALLEGEDLY VIOLATING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS

Scott Burnstein

March 22, 2020 — Chicago mob hot spot, Richard’s Bar, was investigated by police for operating an open bar after the city ordered all bars and restaurants closed to the public amid the Corona Virus (COVID 19) virus outbreak. Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker issued a “shelter in place” order for the entire state Saturday.

Residents of the River West neighborhood where Richard’s Bar, has been a staple for years, as well as Westside hub for the Outfit’s Grand Avenue mob crew, reported activity at the tavern to police back on Tuesday night. Neighbors told police dispatchers that at least 9 different people were sitting and drinking inside Richard’s Bar at the three-way intersection of Grand Avenue, Milwaukee Avenue and Halsted Road.

The establishment has long been known to violate the state’s smoking ban. Before the shelter in place order went into effect this weekend, bars in the city were allowed to sell unopened alcohol to-go.

Reputed Chicago mafia street boss Albert (Albie the Falcon) Vena uses Richard’s Bar as his headquarters. Vena, 71, took over Grand Ave. capo duties in around 2008 and street boss affairs for the entire Outfit at some point around 2012, per sources. Richard’s Bar and its next door neighbor, Italian eatery La Scrola, once served as home base for legendary Outfit figure, Joey (The Clown) Lombardo, a Grand Ave. crew chief predecessor of Vena’s and the organization’s consigliere for most of the 1990s and first half of the 2000s.

Last month, Richard’s Bar was the location of a murder when a dispute inside the bar spilled outside onto the street and resulted in military vet Thomas Tansey stabbing Kenny Paterimos to death with a box cutter. The 30-year old Tansey was indicted for second-degree homicide on March 3. He was originally arrested at the scene and explained to responding police he was acting in self defense. Minutes prior to the stabbing, Tansey had been tossed off the premises for shouting a homophobic slur in Paterimos direction as they argued.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

TommyNoto wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:06 am The guys that have cash on hand will probably do real good as a lot of companies are going to need $ to survive and LE is going to give a fuck right now about that type of activity and honestly they secretly should be encouraging it. Nobody wins with contractors / small biz going under

Fucked up times

I was joking with my friends that I think Cops are giving everyone’s a pass for small time dealing right now ( absent coke / opiates, meth ) as now it’s about getting by.
Which is why they will leave the opiate addicts alone too...which is even greater incentive than most because they are addicted. They are stopping all drug arrests i assume but maybe because opiates kill than they might go after those dealers still but i doubt it
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Couple things here, I don't think anybody runs out of money through the crisis to buy weed or pills. The G is going to be printing money soon to send everyone $1000 checks. Enough there to keep everyone happy and will actually be a boost to a few on the lower end of the spectrum.

As far as stock goes, be careful. We aren't going to see the bottom of the market until there is approved treatment and a vaccine. Whichever comes first. With social distancing, this thing could take through the summer to ride out. Market still has a ways to go before it touches bottom. We haven't even seen the worst, when hospitals overrun and people can't get food or treatment. Once someone approves treatment or virus starts to naturally die itself out, that's when you buy. For the time being, I'd hold your cash or dividend positions.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 am Couple things here, I don't think anybody runs out of money through the crisis to buy weed or pills. The G is going to be printing money soon to send everyone $1000 checks. Enough there to keep everyone happy and will actually be a boost to a few on the lower end of the spectrum.

As far as stock goes, be careful. We aren't going to see the bottom of the market until there is approved treatment and a vaccine. Whichever comes first. With social distancing, this thing could take through the summer to ride out. Market still has a ways to go before it touches bottom. We haven't even seen the worst, when hospitals overrun and people can't get food or treatment. Once someone approves treatment or virus starts to naturally die itself out, that's when you buy. For the time being, I'd hold your cash or dividend positions.
A $1,000 check means nothing to a laid-off minimum wage worker with no savings or investments. $1,000 is barely enough to cover their basic expenses, let alone splurge on drugs. Hardcore addicts will continue to be hardcore addicts, but consumption among laid-off recreational users will taper off as their financial situation continues to deteriorate.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

A few of the Guys especially the old Guard 70-90 years old are getting a little more scarce these days and aren't socializing quite as much.
Know which Game to Play
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I had a whole real estate deal kinda crumble behind this bullshit, I'm beyond pissed..
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 am
dack2001 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 am Weed dealers are going to be killing it, this quarantine will last at least 8 weeks, probably 12. They will have trouble keeping up. What else is there to do?
I'm deff benefiting ....

But soon all other drugs will get hit
Might be time to reactivate the grow.....