So how depressed are the bookies?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: So how depressed are the bookies?

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, I'm very confused, but exactly HOW is this thing different from the regular flu, beyond that it's a new strain.

Symptoms? Duration of sickness? Is it JUST that it spreads so easily? Is THAT what makes it different?

I saw a friend of mine last night. He just came back from Mexico, for work. He does that Private contracting shit, like a paid killer. Well, he caught the flu, they put him and his Team ALL on a plane back to the US. Says he was dehydrated and whatnot, so it contributed and made him weaker. Woke up in a hospital, he thought he had gotten shot or something. They gave him test, and couldnt identify the TYPE of flu he had, likely because they didnt have the proper test.

Working for the government, you would think he and his team would have been quarantined automatically. But no, here he was this morning shooting the shit, waiting for a Vai, talking about, " Well, I dont think I'm contagious"..., As everyone takes like 5 steps back, lol...

My point being hes a young, tough active guy, got dog sick, and was moving around like he was fine, although he did say he still felt like shit...... This was after about a couple weeks or so...... Now it wasnt a confirmed corona case, but fuck.. What's the difference?

The whole episode left me, MORE baffled....

I mean, Bird flu, swine flu, MERS, .... Like these people are VERY familiar with these types of viruses, this isnt some completely new thing, more like a mutation or some shit, right?

It's like if we found a new immune deficiency disease, wouldnt a familiarity with AIDS be helpful? Same with a new form of Cancer, like that know a lot about Cancers,.......
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Peppermint wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:05 am
Philly d wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:02 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 am With this coronavirus putting all sports on the shelf, indefinitely, what will be the response from the gambling industry?

Will the bookies push traditional games like, I dunno, poker or numbers?
I mean, no March Madness? Shit seems inconceivable..
I'm beyond pissed that I can't place any action on the final 4 NCAA tournament , This shit is ridiculous !! The Flu this season was its worst in like 4 decades and thousands of people of all ages died and suffered greatly . This BS Coronavirus is exactly that , BS !! It's a cold basically they turned into some walking dead zombie apocalypse nonsense
AGREED! 22,000 from the flu this year in the US. How many have died from this? 127
Anyone that dies from the flu, is either already in poor health, has AIDS, or thinks “no big deal I won’t take any medication at all”

The difference between CN2019 and the Flu, is that we know a lot about the flu. We have new vaccines for the flu every 6 months, we have antiviral medications specifically used to treat the flu from A to Z, we know all types of different remedies to suppress and treat the flu, we have all kinds of over the counter medications that suppress the flu, and most people simply just recover from the flu like myself without any use of medicine, although unlike the people that tend to die. If I start feeling significantly worse I will goto the doctor. Worse of all, our immune system at least has some sort of immunity towards the flu, where as like I said most people only need simple over the counter medicine and lots of fluids too treat it, and they get it once and not again for maybe another year. I myself only get the flu once every maybe 3 or 4 years. But the Coronavirus? No immunity. You get sick, you’re going to feel like and wish you had the flu, and guess what? Recovery doesn’t matter, it won’t make you now magically immune, you’ll catch again and it’ll be worse than the first time because it compromised your immune system and just like the Coronavirus that causes the common cold, this one will now lay dormant inside of you and trigger every time you come in contact with the infected.

We know literally nothing about this disease, and the outbreak just started here. Look at the rest of the world that have already been in the midst of the outbreak. In China alone 200 people were literally dying every 3 days, and probably more than that because they are definitely without a doubt concealing the real numbers of how many are infected and how many have died. This has just begun and you and anyone else, is fucking stupid if you are underestimating this virus.
I think it is interesting that the U.S. CDC, has been a patent assignee since late 2003/4 I think. Kinda blows the we know nothing about the virus out the water dont you think?

See:

US7220852B1 - Coronavirus isolated from humans - Google Patents
https://patents.google.com/patent/US7220852B1/en
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Depressed bookies across the nation had the sun shine on them in the form of a 17 game NFL season.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:15 pm
bronx wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:01 pm off topic, who knows how to post a story in n.y. daily news? about a cop being killed in 1930, suspect was lilo galante..thanks
I don't think they actually take/post stories like that, but you can contact a reporter via their email and tell them about it that way. Maybe find a reporter that covers crime...Larry McShane.
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:41 am Depressed bookies across the nation had the sun shine on them in the form of a 17 game NFL season.
Loans sharks are likely to be crushed too
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:44 pm Seems China doesn't see Trump as the source of strength his supporters do. They're taking advantage of him.
That very well could be Grouchy. But its a damn shame if all the people globally die because of a dispute over "fair trade" between the U.S. and China. The Chinese government has become nothing but an increasing threat and problem ever since they we admitted into the WTO (World Trade Organization). At least that's my opinion on the subject. Stay well all.
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

Cheech wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:12 am
mafiastudent wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:15 pm
bronx wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:01 pm off topic, who knows how to post a story in n.y. daily news? about a cop being killed in 1930, suspect was lilo galante..thanks
I don't think they actually take/post stories like that, but you can contact a reporter via their email and tell them about it that way. Maybe find a reporter that covers crime...Larry McShane.
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
Good article. Thanks Cheech.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Philly d wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:02 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 am With this coronavirus putting all sports on the shelf, indefinitely, what will be the response from the gambling industry?

Will the bookies push traditional games like, I dunno, poker or numbers?
I mean, no March Madness? Shit seems inconceivable..
I'm beyond pissed that I can't place any action on the final 4 NCAA tournament , This shit is ridiculous !! The Flu this season was its worst in like 4 decades and thousands of people of all ages died and suffered greatly . This BS Coronavirus is exactly that , BS !! It's a cold basically they turned into some walking dead zombie apocalypse nonsense
AGREED! 22,000 from the flu this year in the US. How many have died from this? 127
It's crazy ! I had the Flu and then pneumonia for 7 weeks and was almost dead. I'm still recovering and that was over a month ago since I'm better
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Peppermint wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:50 pm
Peppermint wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:22 pm Welcome to the Age of Aquarius boiz

I invested in a bunch of CVS stock, as well other healthcare and hygienic brands. Such as Cuard, and Lysol. Since these seem like the only stocks that are going to be remaining strong anytime soon because of all the crazy demand. At the end of the month, since markets are expected to stabilize in April (assuming theory is correct about the virus and it significantly reduces contagiously in the warmer weather) I’m going to sell sell sell and make so much motherfucking money.

I also started scabbing, my wife is a third shift store manager at our local CVS, so needless to say we got EVERYTHING, and I’m going to sell off the excess outside all the local stores from the back of my truck.

I imagine this is exactly what everyone is going to start doing one way or another. The good old days are back!
you're a moron.
Why? Because I’m insinuating that gangsters and loan sharks that usually run gambling rings are going to have to resort to other means of taking advantage of and hustling people, because their establishments are taking a toll from the outbreak of a deadly virus, such as scabbing and price gouging basic house hold products like Lysol wipes for insane amounts of profit? Yeah that’s totally moronic. Or is it the notion of investing into the stocks of companies that make these products because of how high their demand is, and that if you sell those stocks at the right time, you can make insane amounts of profit? I guess that’s moronic too
I've been reading of mothers having difficulty finding formula and other sad stories. With stocks you're not taking advantage of other people during a crisis when supplies are short. Do gangsters gouge people at times like this for a profit? Yes, they're selfish criminals. So, unless someone is an aspiring criminal - or an exploitive piece of shit - they shouldn't be trying to take advantage of the situation. No use trying to justify it or explain it away.

This is what I'm talking about. Hope this jerkoff gets stuck with the whole lot.

He has 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer and nowhere to sell them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... s.amp.html
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He should be thrown in prison.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I invested in a bunch of CVS stock, as well other healthcare and hygienic brands. Such as Cuard, and Lysol. Since these seem like the only stocks that are going to be remaining strong anytime soon because of all the crazy demand. At the end of the month, since markets are expected to stabilize in April (assuming theory is correct about the virus and it significantly reduces contagiously in the warmer weather) I’m going to sell sell sell and make so much motherfucking money.

I also started scabbing, my wife is a third shift store manager at our local CVS, so needless to say we got EVERYTHING, and I’m going to sell off the excess outside all the local stores from the back of my truck.

I imagine this is exactly what everyone is going to start doing one way or another. The good old days are back!
you're a moron.
Why? Because I’m insinuating that gangsters and loan sharks that usually run gambling rings are going to have to resort to other means of taking advantage of and hustling people, because their establishments are taking a toll from the outbreak of a deadly virus, such as scabbing and price gouging basic house hold products like Lysol wipes for insane amounts of profit? Yeah that’s totally moronic. Or is it the notion of investing into the stocks of companies that make these products because of how high their demand is, and that if you sell those stocks at the right time, you can make insane amounts of profit? I guess that’s moronic too
I've been reading of mothers having difficulty finding formula and other sad stories. With stocks you're not taking advantage of other people during a crisis when supplies are short. Do gangsters gouge people at times like this for a profit? Yes, they're selfish criminals. So, unless someone is an aspiring criminal - or an exploitive piece of shit - they shouldn't be trying to take advantage of the situation. No use trying to justify it or explain it away.

This is what I'm talking about. Hope this jerkoff gets stuck with the whole lot.

Agreed. I saw people with CARTS of toilet paper and water at the store. I bought one package of tp and 1 case of water and some canned food. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not a little freaked that maybe I should've bought more. But I have faith that our stores will stay stocked and when I need it, supplies will be available.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:04 pm He should be thrown in prison.

Pogo
a million percent. epitome of a piece of shit scumbag
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

you're a moron.

Fist time agreed with you in a while my friend. :D
Clackclack
Honorary Member

Post by Clackclack »

you're a moron.

He’s a hyperbolic piece of shit.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

you're a moron.

When I say I am going to stand outside of stores and start scabbing I am mostly joking. But if things get worse, or as bad as I expect them to become, then these things are going to turn into commodities like oil. And if things manage to get better, and I got all this excess of paper towels, toilet paper, Lysol wipes, disinfected spray, and hand sanitizer. Then I won’t have to spend a dime on any o that for months, so really I end up saving money in the long run regardless of none of it gets sold or bartered.

But people selling shit on eBay, like packages of toilet paper for 50$ is insane, more than half these people are only hoarding to resell it. More than half the stuff I stocked up on is for my wife and I to actually use. If we got excess that I can sell off or trade, I’m going to do it. People are not only desperate, they’re fucking crazy too. If I am going to be coexisting amongst a bunch of animals, then I need to adapt. Forget about the virus, the economic impact from the madness right now is going to last for months.

So you know what they say, right? When in Rome, and Rome is burning.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history