General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Mob Town new movie on Appalachian.
It's whatever...u
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:08 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 pm Should the Mafia consider inducting non-Italians? When they still had deep recruitment pools it made sense to only induct their own kind but with those pools slowly drying up, and the quality of inductees seemingly on the decline, wouldn't it benefit the organization to switch to a merit-based system where the best & brightest get promoted?
If the Mafia do that, in the long run that would be the last nail in the coffin. The new recruits won´t have anything in common with the Italian Americans. I´m talking religion, race, tradition, mentality, history etc here. It would be a great mistake having a black member (for example) commanding a bunch of Italians. Joe Bonanno said that unless somebody was born into it, or exposed by it from the cradle, that somebody could and would never fully understand Cosa Nostra.
Bonanno was one of the old timers that didn’t even want mainland Italians as members....only Sicilians. I’d love to hear his reaction to this suggestion if he were still alive. He’d shit a brick.

The only thing I could see happening is some of the non NY families going to more of an Outfit structure, meaning a larger ratio of associates to made guys than what they currently have.
If a non-Italian works with/for the mob, the mob can get just as much out of them being an associate as a made member. I'm not sure a bunch of non-Italians will come running to join simply because membership is now open to them. And it would dilute the organization and have a negative effect on the inter-Italian solidarity. Far more cons than pros, it seems.
I know I am new, but I just wanted to add...

Definitely more cons than pros, in fact the only pro I could see from working with a nonitalian, but not inducting them is the fact that they are dispensable. They aren’t worth anything more than a body to do a job, a job likely not worth the time of one of the made fellows. A job that would likely get them killed or caught, and since they don’t hold any real rank, even if they were to talk to the pigs they don’t know enough to expose anything more than what Johnny Law already knows.

But History is proof that mixing outsiders into the core of your society, changes your society, and eats away at your society like cancer.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Any one else see a few sonny books popping up soon micheal, frank d? Would really like capeci to hit us with one.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Haven't gotten a new book in quite a while. Any recommendations on a Jimmy Hoffa book?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Any bets which family loses the most buttons to Corovid 19?

Will the Westside have a higher or lower mortality rate than the Colombo’s?

Was Joseph Massino a savant in closing social clubs to minimize contagion of the disease?

Will the commission reform to rule on suspending the cheek kiss?

Will bootlegged Saline bags and N95 masks overtake gambling and loan as LCN’s new staples??

Stay tuned....
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Speaking of the new coronavirus the 3 most common symptoms, in order are fever, dry cough, and fatigue. Shortness of breath is next. If you have high blood pressure as a pre-existing condition, I wouldn't wait to long to see a Dr or go to ER, if you get a symptom or 2, because according to the current data a good portion of the people that get really badly sick and even die have high blood pressure.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm Any bets which family loses the most buttons to Corovid 19?

Will the Westside have a higher or lower mortality rate than the Colombo’s?

Was Joseph Massino a savant in closing social clubs to minimize contagion of the disease?

Will the commission reform to rule on suspending the cheek kiss?

Will bootlegged Saline bags and N95 masks overtake gambling and loan as LCN’s new staples??

Stay tuned....
Well since most of the top guys are over 60 or 70, then it is quite possible that the young turks will take over just like in the old days :mrgreen:
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

How many posts are required in order to look at pictures and other items such as the Mikey Scars Q&A? This will be my 30th post.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Southshore88 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 am How many posts are required in order to look at pictures and other items such as the Mikey Scars Q&A? This will be my 30th post.
I think I gained access when I had about forty posts.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:20 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 am How many posts are required in order to look at pictures and other items such as the Mikey Scars Q&A? This will be my 30th post.
How do you gain access? IS it automatic or do you have to request it. If you have to request it then who do you ask?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Cacuzza wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:33 pm
How do you gain access? IS it automatic or do you have to request it. If you have to request it then who do you ask?
Once you have a certain number of posts the extra sections will show up on the board index.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Once you have a certain number of posts the extra sections will show up on the board index.
I have a little over eighty posts and haven't been granted access to anything. What does that mean? Open sesame!
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Cacuzza wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:22 pm
I have a little over eighty posts and haven't been granted access to anything. What does that mean? Open sesame!
Have you tried checking the Board Index page? The icon should be in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:51 pm
Cacuzza wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:22 pm
Have you tried checking the Board Index page? The icon should be in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
I don't have anything like that when I look at the index page. I won't be granted access to that. The guy girl or whatever it is in charge here is being a prick. What are you going do? I'm supposed to be grateful even I'm allowed in. I don't shine shoes. I don't wash cars. And I don't grovel.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

https://youtu.be/8v-X06Q04w4

Lol anyone watch this??
The interview guy is horrible... He only watched the movie Donnie brasco and is asking direct questions from it!!!

And pistone is answering the questions like there real!!

"Did u feel bad when Nicky got killed in front of you"
"No cuz there gangsters"

Isn't the character who was killed supposed to be Nicky Santoro?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.