Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

wrote:

As far as drugs, we actually saw more drug involvement involving members and associates of what was left in Rochester than Buffalo through much of the last 20 years. In June 2006, Buffalo associate Leonard Mordino was indicted for cocaine distribution. NickleCity mentioned the Gambino/Filippo case in 2009 but the ties there are tenuous and go towards the free-for-all atmosphere in the area. Also Michael Messechia and Anthony Gerace, both tenuous connections as far as the Buffalo LCN goes, busted for marijuana trafficking.

The 2017 case was the only one that was significant and clearly tied to the Buffalo LCN. And, at this point, I have yet to see any evidence that we should expect anything else like that. If anything, Buffalo's relative proximity to the Canadian border makes the area a cross-region for drugs but it by no means should be concluded that the Buffalo LCN is a major player. The cases don't bear that out, nor do any of the New York Drug Threat Assessments over the past 20 years.
Okay, have you actually seen this before?

Violi was previously convicted in 1999 of mischief under $5,000. In 1996, he was convicted of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence and sentenced to seven years and 10 months for conspiring to smuggle cocaine.

From the best info I can gather, this guy has been importing cocaine for close to 25 years. He said he introduced crack cocaine to Hamilton. Why do you try to frame it like some isolated incident? I really dont get it...

I understand the Buffalo isnt viable argument, but arguing the Violis arnt major drug traffickers.... at a loss for words, lol

And why would drug trafficking in Hamilton show up in a New York state drug report?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Yesterday evening there was a murder in Stoney Creek, which is part of Hamilton. The victim has a storied surname. The Hamilton Police Service has already issued a news release and will be giving more details later this morning.

Please feel free to start a new thread here on the MAFIA FORUM once the victim's name has been divulged, as you may see news stories and police updates before I do.

For now, I'm not going to post about this on any other organized-crime forums or on social media. If you start a thread on Gangster BB, please do not credit me, as I am not the font of this information.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Below is the link to the Hamilton Police Service news release from earlier this morning

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/polic ... -east-end/
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Did they release the guys name yet?
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:05 amLike Wiseguy, Pogo, I wish instead of beating the dead horse of If Buffalo exist, you would tackle those questions, again, focus on the Violis.

I mean, Pogo you seem to not even want to concede that they were big in drug trafficking, you keep trying to make it seem like their Narcotics clout comes from an association with NY, at the same time Wiseguy will argue the New Yorkers are marginalized in drugs, it makes my head hurt....
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:26 amOkay, have you actually seen this before?

Violi was previously convicted in 1999 of mischief under $5,000. In 1996, he was convicted of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence and sentenced to seven years and 10 months for conspiring to smuggle cocaine.

From the best info I can gather, this guy has been importing cocaine for close to 25 years. He said he introduced crack cocaine to Hamilton. Why do you try to frame it like some isolated incident? I really dont get it...

I understand the Buffalo isnt viable argument, but arguing the Violis arnt major drug traffickers.... at a loss for words, lol

And why would drug trafficking in Hamilton show up in a New York state drug report?
I have no idea what "mischief under $5,000" is or why that's relevant to Violi's history of drug trafficking. So, he was convicted of conspiracy to smuggle cocaine in 1996. And then, he's busted for drug trafficking in 2017. Does that sum it up? Becuase, unless I'm missing something, two busts bookending a span of 20 years isn't a lot of information. It simply provides a void to assume he has been moving mountains of drugs that entire time.

Let me explain this as clearly as possible so your head doesn't hurt. What constitutes a "major drug trafficker" is relative. The New York families have been marginalized in the drug trade by other groups who have had a larger role in it for the last few decades. Primarily Colombian, Mexican, and Dominican DTOs. Also Asian DTOs to a lesser extent. However, the NY families still move significant amounts of drugs and, when we look at the 2017 drug bust, one can't make the assumption that Violi was the 400 lbs gorilla in the operation. Make sense?
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:05 amLike Wiseguy, Pogo, I wish instead of beating the dead horse of If Buffalo exist, you would tackle those questions, again, focus on the Violis.

I mean, Pogo you seem to not even want to concede that they were big in drug trafficking, you keep trying to make it seem like their Narcotics clout comes from an association with NY, at the same time Wiseguy will argue the New Yorkers are marginalized in drugs, it makes my head hurt....
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:26 amOkay, have you actually seen this before?

I have no idea what "mischief under $5,000" is or why that's relevant to Violi's history of drug trafficking. So, he was convicted of conspiracy to smuggle cocaine in 1996. And then, he's busted for drug trafficking in 2017. Does that sum it up? Becuase, unless I'm missing something, two busts bookending a span of 20 years isn't a lot of information. It simply provides a void to assume he has been moving mountains of drugs that entire time.

Let me explain this as clearly as possible so your head doesn't hurt. What constitutes a "major drug trafficker" is relative. The New York families have been marginalized in the drug trade by other groups who have had a larger role in it for the last few decades. Primarily Colombian, Mexican, and Dominican DTOs. Also Asian DTOs to a lesser extent. However, the NY families still move significant amounts of drugs and, when we look at the 2017 drug bust, one can't make the assumption that Violi was the 400 lbs gorilla in the operation. Make sense?

lol, What constitutes a major drug traffickers is one who has direct access to the source countries, has a means of importation and transport, and reliable wholesalers and distributors. Which is what they had... Are you trolling? I'm dead ass serious right now...

If you establish a dominant position in one aspect, you are a major player. Two, you are a king, all three a King of Kings, and if you are a master money launderer, well your a God in the underworld, lol.....

I dont get how a guy as smart as you dont get the simple economics of the trade. Mexico, 10 a kilo. Costa Rica, 10 a kilo. Wholesale in Chicago, L.A., 25 a kilo. Canada, wholesale, 35 a kilo. Europe wholesale, 22,500 a kilo. Direct from Colombia, between 5-6 a kilo. THESE margins put you ahead of anyone that's not the Mexicans, and the Dominicans are mostly confined to the NY area, east coast. They dont travel to Canada from what I know.....

And again, what does NY have to do with the Violis being big in coke? It's almost like you are saying, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, LOL

That the Violis CANT be big in coke bacause the NY families arnt? And if they arnt big in it, there is NO way the Violis are? Is that what you are saying?

Wiseguy, its nothing, NOTHING for a consortium of capos to get together, pool some money, find a broker, and organize a load of coke. Like.... what?

antimafia has repeatedly pointed out to me that there are many coke importers in Canada...

If they were marginalized, it was by their Siciliancousins who cut them out......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

They arnt going to get an arrest every damn year for multi kilo loads of coke the same way a bookmaker takes a pinch, come on man, lol
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:39 am Yesterday evening there was a murder in Stoney Creek, which is part of Hamilton. The victim has a storied surname. The Hamilton Police Service has already issued a news release and will be giving more details later this morning.

Please feel free to start a new thread here on the MAFIA FORUM once the victim's name has been divulged, as you may see news stories and police updates before I do.

For now, I'm not going to post about this on any other organized-crime forums or on social media. If you start a thread on Gangster BB, please do not credit me, as I am not the font of this information.
antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:42 am ^^^^
Below is the link to the Hamilton Police Service news release from earlier this morning

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/polic ... -east-end/
AntComello wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:03 am Did they release the guys name yet?
My guess is that any update or press conference has been deferred or delayed -- an update was supposed to happen at 9:30 am EDT, and I haven't seen any tweets about the victim's name. Live-tweeting would be the first indication that the update is happening.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Storied surname? Musitano??
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

According to paul mannings twitter, the initials of the man are G.B.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:31 am According to paul mannings twitter, the initials of the man are G.B.
If Manning is right, then I would have provided all of you with wrong information. I'll apologize in advance should I be wrong.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 am
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:31 am According to paul mannings twitter, the initials of the man are G.B.
If Manning is right, then I would have provided all of you with wrong information. I'll apologize in advance should I be wrong.
There is a real estate named Giorgio Barresi that lives in stoney creek and associated with musitano. Could be him but not sure
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The only person with a last name with b living on portofino is someone named Bozzo
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:52 am The only person with a last name with b living on portofino is someone named Bozzo
There is a G Brucculeri who lives on Shadowdale Drive, which is in the area of the murder as reported by news articles. I've never heard of this surname.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:55 am
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:52 am The only person with a last name with b living on portofino is someone named Bozzo
There is a G Brucculeri who lives on Shadowdale Drive, which is in the area of the murder as reported by news articles. I've never heard of this surname.
Whoever it is may be unlisted/have their house under their wifes first name or something