Gotti to die in Prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gotti to die in Prison

Post by JIGGS »

bert wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:31 am KIm Kardashian walks herself and her ass into the White House and gets pardons for people, Obama years ago gave mass pardons to everyone but those said to be in the mafia, it's a long trend
the Gyp decarlo got a pass. And that was federal. But he died too 6 seconds after being wheeled out.

JIGGS
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Ozgoz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:22 pm Fucking hell here we go again.

It’s not that he’s a threat. I doubt anyone thinks he’s a threat.

It’s a deterrent. They need to show that if you choose that life then you will die in the can. Surely everyone knows this? Why does this need typing out?
The reason the prosecutors give is that he's a threat, then the parole board or judges echo that. Parole or shortening of a sentence is not supposed to be denied as a deterrent.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

bert wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 am

It’s a deterrent. They need to show that if you choose that life then you will die in the can. Surely everyone knows this? Why does this need typing out?
The reason the prosecutors give is that he's a threat, then the parole board or judges echo that. Parole or shortening of a sentence is not supposed to be denied as a deterrent.
Word games.

Playing dirty is fine by me. In for a penny..
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:26 pm

Word games.

So, if you ever, God forbid, get tangled up in some law enforcement issue, if the Feds decide to "play dirty" with you for whatever reason (maybe they don't like the way your hair looks), you'd be okay with that? The laws of this country is that people accused of a crime - no matter what kind of crime it is - are innocent until proven guilty. And in that vein, the tactics used should be fair and just and not some sort of vendetta because the federal authorities have a bug up their ass for someone.

The only reason Peter Gotti didn't get compassionate release is because he's a Gotti. If he was John Doe, it would have been looked at differently and he probably would have been released.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

If you think the FBI go the extra mile on someone because they don’t like the way someone’s hair might look...then you are the epitome of lost.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm If you think the FBI go the extra mile on someone because they don’t like the way someone’s hair might look...then you are the epitome of lost.
You avoided the question. Take the hair part out. It's called being sarcastic or facetious.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm If you think the FBI go the extra mile on someone because they don’t like the way someone’s hair might look...then you are the epitome of lost.
No one said that. Now you're lying to try and make a point.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:26 pm

Word games.

How is it word games?
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

bert wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm
I honestly don’t know what to say to you. I’m honestly speechless.

If you really, hand on heart, think a boss of LCN crime family should get out on <insert any technicality here> then I just...I’m speechless.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Peter Gotti's situation might be slightly different to letting, say, Vic Amuso out, because regardless of what his title might be (official boss or otherwise), he is essentially shelved as far as crime family matters go. I don't think Peter Gotti is a person that is bad to the bone, like some of the sociopaths from other crime families. Peter is not blameless by any stretch, but he chose to be a sanitation worker while his brothers were raking in drug money. I wholeheartedly believe it would've been impossible for him to be a working stiff his whole life and maintain a good relationship with his brothers, especially after John & Gene went to jail.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm
You avoided the question. Take the hair part out. It's called being sarcastic or facetious.
I was trying to illustrate a point in as few words as possible. Try and think what I’m getting at. I am trying to say that I don’t think the FBI go after people for a laugh, they do it because they know these people are getting away with murder.

That’s the difference between me and you. I don’t care about fair as long as you win. If I think it’s for the greater good (which locking up monsters for lift obviously is - hopefully we can all agree on that?!) then you gotta do what you gotta do.

If you want to crusade against that, go for it. But you’re going to get blowback on it, because it’s....odd. I mean what next, are we going to clear Roy Demeo’s name?

I presume your kid(s) are grown up. Because mine are 1, 4, 6 and I am too busy picking up food off the floor, wiping their backsides and putting out tantrums to worry about the injustices against gangsters. (And before anyone gets cute I had hide in the toilet to write this).
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 pm Peter Gotti's situation might be slightly different to letting, say, Vic Amuso out, because regardless of what his title might be (official boss or otherwise), he is essentially shelved as far as crime family matters go. I don't think Peter Gotti is a person that is bad to the bone, like some of the sociopaths from other crime families. Peter is not blameless by any stretch, but he chose to be a sanitation worker while his brothers were raking in drug money. I wholeheartedly believe it would've been impossible for him to be a working stiff his whole life and maintain a good relationship with his brothers, especially after John & Gene went to jail.
Yeah John must’ve been impossible to be related to lol. Those prison tapes with his grandson, he comes across as an asshole cement head.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:19 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm
I was trying to illustrate a point in as few words as possible. Try and think what I’m getting at. I am trying to say that I don’t think the FBI go after people for a laugh, they do it because they know these people are getting away with murder.

That’s the difference between me and you. I don’t care about fair as long as you win. If I think it’s for the greater good (which locking up monsters for lift obviously is - hopefully we can all agree on that?!) then you gotta do what you gotta do.

If you want to crusade against that, go for it. But you’re going to get blowback on it, because it’s....odd. I mean what next, are we going to clear Roy Demeo’s name?

I presume your kid(s) are grown up. Because mine are 1, 4, 6 and I am too busy picking up food off the floor, wiping their backsides and putting out tantrums to worry about the injustices against gangsters. (And before anyone gets cute I had hide in the toilet to write this).
Once again, you avoided the question which was: So, if you ever, God forbid, get tangled up in some law enforcement issue, if the Feds decide to "play dirty" with you for whatever reason (maybe they don't like the way your hair looks), you'd be okay with that?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:10 pm
bert wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm

If you really, hand on heart, think a boss of LCN crime family should get out on <insert any technicality here> then I just...I’m speechless.
You say dumb things like I
f you think the FBI go the extra mile on someone because they don’t like the way someone’s hair might look...then you are the epitome of lost.
then respond to me with
when I point out I did not say that, then you are faking it.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

vic was convivtred of murders ,pete was convicted for conspiracy to murder and mopery or dopery