Mafia scammers??

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Mafia scammers??

Post by JeremyTheJew »

chubby wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm I’m telling you getting credit card numbers are easy you can buy them off the darkweb all day. Then all you need is a rewriter, that looks similar to a the device that you swipe your card through when ever you’re out using your debit/credit card... you simply hook this device up to the computer and take either gift cards, or straight blank like hotel door cards that just have the magnetic strip on the back.. this is risky though cause you physically have to go into stores and attempt to use the cards, then your stuck with products you have to turn around and sell to turn into cash..
But the shit the Armenians out here showed me a couple years ago just blew my mind... they were somehow getting people’s debit card info, so they would do the same process and rewrite that debit card info from a laptop swiped onto a blank gift card ect, but then these guys also had access to the PIN numbers!! And on the back of each card they would have a colored circle sticker. The color would indicate which bank the card was for, red- Bank of America , blue- chase, ect. Then written in the circle on the back was the PIN number for the debit card... so these guys could literally walk up a super busy street that has a bunch of banks and the private little grey atms outside gas stations and in 711s and shit,. And just put card after card in and enter the pins and just pull out straight cash... now of course some cards you would check the balance and the person would have like 6$ in there, but most accounts would have a few grand... this is the closest scam I’ve ever seen to getting free money.. I asked my buddy what’s the most he ever made in 1 day doing this.. he told me 125k$.. but he said there was also times he bought 50 cards off his connect and didn’t even make his money back... he never told me exactly what he was paying per card... but it’s easy to say it was very lucrative... and he’s got caught by cops at an atm using the cards. His dumbass was at a little private atm in a parking lot at like 4am and sat there for like 15 minutes putting 50 different cards in the atm one after another , only problem was he didn’t see the cops parked a few spots away watching him.. they walked up to him and he got caught red handed with a ton of cards and cash.. and he didn’t even get any jail time.. he got probation.
Yup n that's exactly what my posts were saying. Easy and no time at all.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:03 pm
chubby wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm I’m telling you getting credit card numbers are easy you can buy them off the darkweb all day. Then all you need is a rewriter, that looks similar to a the device that you swipe your card through when ever you’re out using your debit/credit card... you simply hook this device up to the computer and take either gift cards, or straight blank like hotel door cards that just have the magnetic strip on the back.. this is risky though cause you physically have to go into stores and attempt to use the cards, then your stuck with products you have to turn around and sell to turn into cash..
But the shit the Armenians out here showed me a couple years ago just blew my mind... they were somehow getting people’s debit card info, so they would do the same process and rewrite that debit card info from a laptop swiped onto a blank gift card ect, but then these guys also had access to the PIN numbers!! And on the back of each card they would have a colored circle sticker. The color would indicate which bank the card was for, red- Bank of America , blue- chase, ect. Then written in the circle on the back was the PIN number for the debit card... so these guys could literally walk up a super busy street that has a bunch of banks and the private little grey atms outside gas stations and in 711s and shit,. And just put card after card in and enter the pins and just pull out straight cash... now of course some cards you would check the balance and the person would have like 6$ in there, but most accounts would have a few grand... this is the closest scam I’ve ever seen to getting free money.. I asked my buddy what’s the most he ever made in 1 day doing this.. he told me 125k$.. but he said there was also times he bought 50 cards off his connect and didn’t even make his money back... he never told me exactly what he was paying per card... but it’s easy to say it was very lucrative... and he’s got caught by cops at an atm using the cards. His dumbass was at a little private atm in a parking lot at like 4am and sat there for like 15 minutes putting 50 different cards in the atm one after another , only problem was he didn’t see the cops parked a few spots away watching him.. they walked up to him and he got caught red handed with a ton of cards and cash.. and he didn’t even get any jail time.. he got probation.
It really is in my mind the best racket you can have..
Jesus I knew this girl who’s boyfriend did some crazy bank fraud and was locked up so she tried taking over.. it wasn’t cards but it was checks... she was such an idiot. She would make them out for like 50k and try to cash them.. and believe it or not it worked half the time.. and the other times she would get arrested... if you want to check out another bank scam check out bandman kevo from Chicago... he would find people who were broke.. deposit a bunch of stolen checks in their account and the pull the money and give the person like 500$ . So fucking stupid that people actually did this. They got 500$ then a week later their account was -15k.. I also think he would legit put like 10 grand in peoples accounts also. Then go pull the money at atms and have the person claim their card was stolen. So the 10 would turn into 20.. I don’t know if that’s exactly how he was doing it but he was making hundreds of thousands a week for like over a year... and he only got busted cause someone tatted on him and he only got 22 months... my degenerate gambler friend would print fake payroll checks and cash them at this liquor store in town... he got way too cocky and would send someone in almost daily to ͏Ca͏s͏h checks anywhere from 2-8k.. well the guy realized all the checks were bunk and was in the hole like 30k and literally wanted to kill my friend ahah he pulled a fucking revolver on him from behind the liquor store counter..
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 am Here in Detroit... A new thing on the rise is called

Card Scammin aka Scam man and also Swippers aka credit card fraud.

Both are different and both are hugely on the rise in the hood. ALMOST as big as dealing drugs. So much to the point ther us SEVERAL new rappers that call there rap now scam rap.

That along w the main group that started it use the Soprano line of "are u in the mafia" before there songs.

So I'm asking is this a mafia thing as well??. Haven't heard much about mafia swipers.... And these kids are getting massive amounts of money and little to no prison time when caught. Yes it's all federal but low fed time in some camp somewhere.

Any thoughts?
Its the purple gang.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

chubby wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:03 pm
It really is in my mind the best racket you can have..
Jesus I knew this girl who’s boyfriend did some crazy bank fraud and was locked up so she tried taking over.. it wasn’t cards but it was checks... she was such an idiot. She would make them out for like 50k and try to cash them.. and believe it or not it worked half the time.. and the other times she would get arrested... if you want to check out another bank scam check out bandman kevo from Chicago... he would find people who were broke.. deposit a bunch of stolen checks in their account and the pull the money and give the person like 500$ . So fucking stupid that people actually did this. They got 500$ then a week later their account was -15k.. I also think he would legit put like 10 grand in peoples accounts also. Then go pull the money at atms and have the person claim their card was stolen. So the 10 would turn into 20.. I don’t know if that’s exactly how he was doing it but he was making hundreds of thousands a week for like over a year... and he only got busted cause someone tatted on him and he only got 22 months... my degenerate gambler friend would print fake payroll checks and cash them at this liquor store in town... he got way too cocky and would send someone in almost daily to ͏Ca͏s͏h checks anywhere from 2-8k.. well the guy realized all the checks were bunk and was in the hole like 30k and literally wanted to kill my friend ahah he pulled a fucking revolver on him from behind the liquor store counter..
Is your name dominick

JIGGS?
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

CTamg65 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pm I personally know of two people who were doing something similar one I met in prison he was from California he said he goes on the Dark Web or whatever it's called and guys the credit card machines but he he wasn't following people around like some of these kids he used to buy people's information with bitcoin he said the info was of some people that just died or whoever I don't remember every detail but from there he would make the cards and set them up how he wanted he would then make fake licences,passports,social security cards etc in turn he would then sell the cards with different set amount limits with the identifications for cash and of course but whatever he wanted he literally had customers in several states and he was arrested once and received minimal time in jail. Another guy that I know just so happened to be from Brooklyn, this dude would have at least 30 IDs and credit cards and go around buy-in IPhones from stores most he would get approved for family plans he would literally go from state to state he never got in trouble as far as I know for that and I know he made crazy money cause he's far from broke this was few years ago he ended up going down in a huge indictment off topic but Google Bushwick crew heroin not the black guys but the Spanish dudes running it was his nephew the guys were making Insane money a ties to cartel even had a article in GQ I think it's a good read re!ember I didnt say they were smart LoL but read it if I get a minute it's crazy how much money they made he only got five years but he's in some of the pics with them in Miami and the credit cards and IDs he got from them alao

I too am friends with a couple people who are involved in this scheme. So credit cards also have a number that correlates with the actual credit card number that is needed so the scheme will work. Not only are they duplicating cards but also getting multiple fake ID cards that’ll match the name on the phony card in case if asked for identification by a seller but any who what they do is max our gift cards and taking it check cashing places that buy gift cards for cash. I knew a fella that racked up 50k in 3 weeks literally starting from NYC and state to state all the way down to Florida. It’s a super elaborate scheme Enough to want me to get into it but unfortunately didn’t. This guy ended up doing time which he’s still serving. The reward can be great but the risk is also very high
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

I was also told by the same guy how he does check fraud but I’m still alittle uneducated in that. Pretty much what he does is he recruits people by paying them a finders fee and having them deposit phony checks into their account via ATM at night and withdrawing the money right after before the banks catch on. Only thing that happens is the person who is recruited has to pay restitution and aren’t allowed to open anymore accounts in that branch. Don’t really understand how that works because I am under the assumption that checks don’t clear on the spot but I can be wrong.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

That check scam goes on all day.....My cousin once replied to a Craigslist ad and two days later a check came for 3500 or near to that with Instructions to deposit it and then send 2500 western union and keep a g to pay for whatever job expenses ....he's not stupid enough to do it but I know someone else who did and they took 200 immediately as soon as they deposited and then took the rest the next morning ....I mean if ur a jerkoff and don't care to open or have a bank account for five years or pay the bank back then fine ...point being they probably send hundreds of fraudulent checks out daily and if one of two people fall for it then it's a win for the scammer ...other than that the guys that recruit people to do it are mostly relying on idiots or people that are caught out on drugs but i can definitely see the Craigslist scam working or they wouldn't be doing it
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Does anyone know the name of the old trick of opening a bank account, then overdrawing it? There were guys who had it down to a science, I think it fizzled out by the 1980's. A person would open an account, then pass checks all over that amounted to way more than the balance in the account they opened. I think faster computers in banks ended that one. Was it check kiting?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

bert wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:19 pm Does anyone know the name of the old trick of opening a bank account, then overdrawing it? There were guys who had it down to a science, I think it fizzled out by the 1980's. A person would open an account, then pass checks all over that amounted to way more than the balance in the account they opened. I think faster computers in banks ended that one. Was it check kiting?
I just looked it up, it is check kiting, I did nt realize it still went on today. The dollar amounts are way bigger too

Wikipedia, for what it's worth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_kiting
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Sorry, can a mod delete the post 2 up from here, where the link did not go through.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JohnnySalami wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:20 am
CTamg65 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pm I personally know of two people who were doing something similar one I met in prison he was from California he said he goes on the Dark Web or whatever it's called and guys the credit card machines but he he wasn't following people around like some of these kids he used to buy people's information with bitcoin he said the info was of some people that just died or whoever I don't remember every detail but from there he would make the cards and set them up how he wanted he would then make fake licences,passports,social security cards etc in turn he would then sell the cards with different set amount limits with the identifications for cash and of course but whatever he wanted he literally had customers in several states and he was arrested once and received minimal time in jail. Another guy that I know just so happened to be from Brooklyn, this dude would have at least 30 IDs and credit cards and go around buy-in IPhones from stores most he would get approved for family plans he would literally go from state to state he never got in trouble as far as I know for that and I know he made crazy money cause he's far from broke this was few years ago he ended up going down in a huge indictment off topic but Google Bushwick crew heroin not the black guys but the Spanish dudes running it was his nephew the guys were making Insane money a ties to cartel even had a article in GQ I think it's a good read re!ember I didnt say they were smart LoL but read it if I get a minute it's crazy how much money they made he only got five years but he's in some of the pics with them in Miami and the credit cards and IDs he got from them alao

I too am friends with a couple people who are involved in this scheme. So credit cards also have a number that correlates with the actual credit card number that is needed so the scheme will work. Not only are they duplicating cards but also getting multiple fake ID cards that’ll match the name on the phony card in case if asked for identification by a seller but any who what they do is max our gift cards and taking it check cashing places that buy gift cards for cash. I knew a fella that racked up 50k in 3 weeks literally starting from NYC and state to state all the way down to Florida. It’s a super elaborate scheme Enough to want me to get into it but unfortunately didn’t. This guy ended up doing time which he’s still serving. The reward can be great but the risk is also very high

Ya the whole selling gift card thing is over blown here in Detroit.
It's a different scam. Those guys are called boosters. What they do is steal buncha shit, send u in for a gift card bc u can't get cash w out receipt, take gift card to pawn shop. They pay 50% ... Lot more risk obviously
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

CTamg65 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:26 am That check scam goes on all day.....My cousin once replied to a Craigslist ad and two days later a check came for 3500 or near to that with Instructions to deposit it and then send 2500 western union and keep a g to pay for whatever job expenses ....he's not stupid enough to do it but I know someone else who did and they took 200 immediately as soon as they deposited and then took the rest the next morning ....I mean if ur a jerkoff and don't care to open or have a bank account for five years or pay the bank back then fine ...point being they probably send hundreds of fraudulent checks out daily and if one of two people fall for it then it's a win for the scammer ...other than that the guys that recruit people to do it are mostly relying on idiots or people that are caught out on drugs but i can definitely see the Craigslist scam working or they wouldn't be doing it
Lol UK what's funny??
When I lived in Brooklyn I replied to help wanted adds on craigslist all the time. And they'd all send the EXACT SAME msg about exactly what u say. Deposit. Send back. Blah blah. Total bs.

Here's the weird part....
It somehow cleared for $200 on the spot also... Very weird.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."