(Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: (Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Post by TallGuy19 »

TommyNoto wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:42 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:18 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm Really appreciate this information Gohn. Looking forward to part 3!

Scorcia getting robbed is similar to what was posted in the Bonnano thread about that guy Festa getting robbed while an on record associate, and not getting any payback until he got his button.

What is this about? What is the point of being an associate of Ronnie G’s or Amato’s crew if you are getting your shit took?
Yeah, you'd think Joey Amato would have more pride than to let that happen. I really can't explain it.
What I don't get , but , In a way I do because today they don't want anyone to retaliate or use violence unless they get permission to do so . But , How can any of these guys with any self respect not retaliate ? The Mafia is about tradition and Honor no matter what , But today all that crap is out the window ! And , Festa is half Irish ! These guys are all nobodies , Its pathetic ! I would never in my life ask another man for permission to do something lmao ! And , Amato flip flops on the whole problem with the Independent Bosco's , If the Boscos would have had some balls and actually stood up tje could of done some serious damage to these retardo's . All these guys as Independents making money in gambling and loansharking and whatever else without any problem from any family or any single person is funny
You would probably be better off as an independent operator nowadays anyway. Being involved with an organized crime family is going to make you a target for law enforcement, and it doesn't seem like the mob really has the juice to shake these guys down the way they used to.
Agreed , Who needs these morons
As an independent you are basically relegated to small time and far more likely to get robbed plus have to work a real job lol.

Protection gets most of the talk but access to relationships / networks / & big $$ which allows guys to make that next step $ wise. This is the case in the construction field where wise guy services are still valuable to GCs.
I agree that having access to the mob's connections would come in handy, but as far as being relegated to the small time and not making real money that all depends on the individuals running the operation. If you're smart, ambitious, and have a good business sense you can be as big and profitable as you want. In the old days the mob would move in on your operation once it became large and successful enough, but it appears that their diminished ability/willingness to commit violence has made that far more difficult in the 21st century.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:36 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 pm In terms of the Boscos. I think the reason it all talk was because the kids all knew each other from the neighborhood. John Doe's mom probably knew Anthony Bosco's mom. That type of thing. I don't know, because I don't know the kids personally, but that's how it seems from the way they spoke to one another, and the fact that Joey Amato and Anthony Bosco were seemingly friends - credit to GMMS for that information
I remember it was reported and everyone thought this Bosco was the Bonanno boss until everything came out and was clarified
Its not bosch for the bananas guy?

JIGGS
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

JIGGS wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:08 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 pm In terms of the Boscos. I think the reason it all talk was because the kids all knew each other from the neighborhood. John Doe's mom probably knew Anthony Bosco's mom. That type of thing. I don't know, because I don't know the kids personally, but that's how it seems from the way they spoke to one another, and the fact that Joey Amato and Anthony Bosco were seemingly friends - credit to GMMS for that information
I remember it was reported and everyone thought this Bosco was the Bonanno boss until everything came out and was clarified

JIGGS
I'm confused now , I gotta go back and find the articles/Reports
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:46 am

JIGGS
The Bonanno Bosco is a different guy to this Bosco, right?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:06 pm

JIGGS
Thats the thing , I don't know now ? I'm confused ! I think in one or 2 articles/Reports they got something wrong
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:39 pm

JIGGS
Thats the thing , I don't know now ? I'm confused ! I think in one or 2 articles/Reports they got something wrong
I just double-checked JD's site, LCN Bios. According to Peter "Petey BS" Lovaglio, he was assigned to "Joe Bosch" (Bosco?) after Lovaglio's 2012 release from prison. This "Joe Bosch", who JD suspected to mean Bosco, was "running the family" with Vincent Badalamenti, the family's acting boss.

This Joe Bosch is presumably unrelated to the mom-and-pop Bosco operation indicted last year.

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:39 pm

JIGGS
I just double-checked JD's site, LCN Bios. According to Peter "Petey BS" Lovaglio, he was assigned to "Joe Bosch" (Bosco?) after Lovaglio's 2012 release from prison. This "Joe Bosch", who JD suspected to mean Bosco, was "running the family" with Vincent Badalamenti, the family's acting boss.

This Joe Bosch is presumably unrelated to the mom-and-pop Bosco operation indicted last year.
Thanks for clarifying Gohn 👍 ! Got it ! Never heard of the guy before ? He might be Calabrian as Bosco is a heavy Calabrian last name
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 am
TommyNoto wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:42 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:18 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm Really appreciate this information Gohn. Looking forward to part 3!

Scorcia getting robbed is similar to what was posted in the Bonnano thread about that guy Festa getting robbed while an on record associate, and not getting any payback until he got his button.

What is this about? What is the point of being an associate of Ronnie G’s or Amato’s crew if you are getting your shit took?
Yeah, you'd think Joey Amato would have more pride than to let that happen. I really can't explain it.
What I don't get , but , In a way I do because today they don't want anyone to retaliate or use violence unless they get permission to do so . But , How can any of these guys with any self respect not retaliate ? The Mafia is about tradition and Honor no matter what , But today all that crap is out the window ! And , Festa is half Irish ! These guys are all nobodies , Its pathetic ! I would never in my life ask another man for permission to do something lmao ! And , Amato flip flops on the whole problem with the Independent Bosco's , If the Boscos would have had some balls and actually stood up tje could of done some serious damage to these retardo's . All these guys as Independents making money in gambling and loansharking and whatever else without any problem from any family or any single person is funny
You would probably be better off as an independent operator nowadays anyway. Being involved with an organized crime family is going to make you a target for law enforcement, and it doesn't seem like the mob really has the juice to shake these guys down the way they used to.
Agreed , Who needs these morons
As an independent you are basically relegated to small time and far more likely to get robbed plus have to work a real job lol.

Protection gets most of the talk but access to relationships / networks / & big $$ which allows guys to make that next step $ wise. This is the case in the construction field where wise guy services are still valuable to GCs.
I agree that having access to the mob's connections would come in handy, but as far as being relegated to the small time and not making real money that all depends on the individuals running the operation. If you're smart, ambitious, and have a good business sense you can be as big and profitable as you want. In the old days the mob would move in on your operation once it became large and successful enough, but it appears that their diminished ability/willingness to commit violence has made that far more difficult in the 21st century.
I’m with ya but you can’t grow big without bumping into them and usually they will end up working together in some capacity to make even more $ or solve a problem . It’s a big mosh pit at the end of the day
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Just wrapped up part three - a bit shorter but I hope you'll still find it interesting. As usual, let me know if you see any errors.

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:07 pm Just wrapped up part three - a bit shorter but I hope you'll still find it interesting. As usual, let me know if you see any errors.
Well done Gohn, you wrapped it up nicely.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

Awesome.

What's the next topic?
Joe m
On Record

Post by Joe m »

Nice article
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm Awesome.

What's the next topic?
No clue!

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Have you thought about reaching out to any of the former Colombo members / associates who are around and doing an interview or Q&A? Some of these guys seem fairly public and might be down to answer questions from someone with your knowledge of the Colombo family.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 pm Have you thought about reaching out to any of the former Colombo members / associates who are around and doing an interview or Q&A? Some of these guys seem fairly public and might be down to answer questions from someone with your knowledge of the Colombo family.
I talk to a few of them already! Some of them are open, some of them are real cagey. Larry Mazza loves to share his experiences, and I talk with him a lot, as well as two other people who flipped and now live open lives. I also talk to people who are a bit more suspicious. I've got another source who never flipped, never went into WitSec, never relocated, nothing. He got disconnected from the life simply because his captain - the only person in the family he was close to - was indicted & subsequently flipped. He says the crew didn't really "hang out" like some of the other crews in the Colombos, so he wasn't really close to anybody other than his former captain. The only reason I verified him was because his name was in court records pertaining to surveillance of the captain in question.

A lot of guys just don't reply though, especially if they left the mob in an embarrassing way. One person I talked to went through it all; he wore the wire, testified in court. Things were going fine in our chats, he was telling me general stuff about mob etiquette, and then he got defensive the moment I brought up a couple of people that he testified against. All because I dropped a name. He didn't message me after that.