Louis Larasso

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Louis Larasso

Post by slimshady_007 »

Was it ever confirmed that Larasso was trying to make a power play against acting boss John D’Amato? From what I’ve read, Larasso was viewed as a threat to the family’s leadership. Was Larasso still active by 1991, when he was killed? Also, did John Riggi authorize the murder?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Louis Larasso

Post by Pogo The Clown »

LaRasso was a Capo when he was killed so yes he was still active. If I remember right Riggi was charged with the LaRasso murder so yes he authorized it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

There was a relation with Riggi and Louie I believe there children were married to each other. Also Louie’s father an immigrant from Ribera was also a member of the New Jersey Family
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am LaRasso was a Capo when he was killed so yes he was still active. If I remember right Riggi was charged with the LaRasso murder so yes he authorized it.

LaRasso was a Demoted Soldier during that period of time. Riggi was Jailed and Johnny Boy D’Amato was Acting Boss. LaRasso and Big Ears Charlie The Son Of the former deceased Consigliere Frank Majuri were trying to take over the family during the early 1990’s.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

LaRasso was promoted back to Capo in the Summer of 1991.

By the way welcome back Maxi. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Its kind of strange that Larasso was promoted back to capo only to be whacked almost immediately.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm Its kind of strange that Larasso was promoted back to capo only to be whacked almost immediately.
But originally he was a Demoted Soldier even when Riggi was boss in the 1980’s LaRasso was a Soldier I believe there was some kind of feud or vendetta with LaRasso. You got to remember he was at one time Sam The Plumbers underboss