Andrew Campos and His Continuing Saga

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Andrew Campos and His Continuing Saga

Post by TommyGambino »

Using capitals won't make people listen to you
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:17 pm The guy is a criminal so should expect shady LE but if all he did was shy and there was no violence then a $4.5M bail is pretty racist IMO . How is this any different then the 100%+ consumer finance company charge ? They have a far larger negative economic impact on communities with almost no LE resources devoted to them ( actually resources are being striped and they have billion $ loan portfolio ).

Makes no sense , seems racist IMO if there was no violence against the borrowers.
Tommy Noto..... THANK YOU! I couldn’t agree more. It’s ethnic racism and predjudice. And I guess maybe if you’re not Italian, you could give a fuck less. But I am Italian. And I’m offended by it! For ALL of us! NOT just Italians. Because if the feds chose to, they could (and have) pulled this BS on anybody..... today it’s Campos. Tomorrow, who knows? It could be you or I.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

TommyGambino wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 pm Using capitals won't make people listen to you
That’s a pretty silly statement
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:17 pm The guy is a criminal so should expect shady LE but if all he did was shy and there was no violence then a $4.5M bail is pretty racist IMO . How is this any different then the 100%+ consumer finance company charge ? They have a far larger negative economic impact on communities with almost no LE resources devoted to them ( actually resources are being striped and they have billion $ loan portfolio ).

Makes no sense , seems racist IMO if there was no violence against the borrowers.
Tommy Noto..... THANK YOU! I couldn’t agree more. It’s ethnic racism and predjudice. And I guess maybe if you’re not Italian, you could give a fuck less. But I am Italian. And I’m offended by it! For ALL of us! NOT just Italians. Because if the feds chose to, they could (and have) pulled this BS on anybody..... today it’s Campos. Tomorrow, who knows? It could be you or I.
Joe Colombo, is that you?
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm You are missing the point guys. This is NOT about Andrew Campos. We don’t know him from Adam, have no vested interest in him, and take no position about his guilt or innocence, one way or the other.
-
THIS is about fairness on the scales of justice. The Constitution....OUR Constitution!

He was convicted of a prior crime correct? And he did serve his jail sentence. Period! And ALWAYS complied with the courts demands and guidelines. He has no bad prior case history as far as skirting court, violating bail guidelines or sentence parameters.

Whatever he may or may not be in life... (Al Capone, Attila the Hun or Bernie Madoff), he paid his “debt” to society for any prior arrests/and convictions, and what-have-you. He went to jail.

This is a new indictment. He is NOT YET been found guilty (if that even is the eventuality of this case).

He is supposed to be PRESUMED innocent until otherwise found guilty.

He hasn’t been accused of any heinous crimes like murder, terrorism or moving 50-kilo’s of heroin. But even if he was, he’s still innocent under the constitution.... don’t you comprehend that?

They tried denying him bail totally. It’s wrong!!! The crux of the case is a “bail eligible” case.

Then they bang him with a $4,500,000 million bail package..... what? For a glorified shylock and scam case? WTF?...... give him bail!

Put him on a $200,000 bail. Or even a half-million. You don’t like that? Put him on a $1,000,000!..... what the hell!

Can you guys even count that high! A million-Fucking dollars! For a shy case? A fraud case? .... that’s a lot of wood!

He’s GONNA show up for court! Believe me! And showing up is the ONLY reason why a judge sets a bail to begin with. It’s NOT supposed to be a punishment!..... and fella’s, THATS case law I’m talking here. NOT my personal opinion of things.

If they can “prove” that he actually had a cell phone in his hands and was making calls to associates in violation of his bail package. Then by all means throw him back in the can if that’s the stipulation!

BUT!.... and this is a big BUT! They have to prove it. Not conjecture! Not taking an agents word over the defendant (because history has proved, time and time again, that agents lie). Show me the money! Lol..... show us the photo of the phone in his hand! ..... then, if that’s the case. Violate his ass back to jail!

That’s where we stand, Ok!

.....and one more thing while we’re at it. This “Fanboy” bullshit!

It’s about equal justice under the law, across the board for EVERYBODY! .... not everybody “except” guys with vowels at the end of their names!

This mafia hysteria BS that the feds have been using very successfully now for decades, and getting away with murder.

That is called “ethnic prejudice”! And THAT I won’t stand for! ..... and neither should you, or any other red blooded American.

Because if you do. And you’re “cool” with that because they’re Italian or alleged bad mafia guys. Then you’re the “Fanboy”, not us. And lay down Sallies for these disreputable, “shoot from the hip”, “win at all costs”, low moral self-serving prosecutors and G-men.

Who profess to be upholding the law but subverting it at every chance they get, so as to keep a perfect record of convictions and elevate their careers....Because the ends, DO NOT justify the means!

And THAT’S the God’s honest truth!
-
Because one day....some day. YOU or your loved ones may be on the receiving end of unequal justice. And then who’s gonna be there to speak up for you?
-
Well said maxie, well said
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Joe Colombo, is that you?
Pee Wee Herman, is that YOU?? :lol:
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:53 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm You are missing the point guys. This is NOT about Andrew Campos. We don’t know him from Adam, have no vested interest in him, and take no position about his guilt or innocence, one way or the other.
-
THIS is about fairness on the scales of justice. The Constitution....OUR Constitution!

He was convicted of a prior crime correct? And he did serve his jail sentence. Period! And ALWAYS complied with the courts demands and guidelines. He has no bad prior case history as far as skirting court, violating bail guidelines or sentence parameters.

Whatever he may or may not be in life... (Al Capone, Attila the Hun or Bernie Madoff), he paid his “debt” to society for any prior arrests/and convictions, and what-have-you. He went to jail.

This is a new indictment. He is NOT YET been found guilty (if that even is the eventuality of this case).

He is supposed to be PRESUMED innocent until otherwise found guilty.

He hasn’t been accused of any heinous crimes like murder, terrorism or moving 50-kilo’s of heroin. But even if he was, he’s still innocent under the constitution.... don’t you comprehend that?

They tried denying him bail totally. It’s wrong!!! The crux of the case is a “bail eligible” case.

Then they bang him with a $4,500,000 million bail package..... what? For a glorified shylock and scam case? WTF?...... give him bail!

Put him on a $200,000 bail. Or even a half-million. You don’t like that? Put him on a $1,000,000!..... what the hell!

Can you guys even count that high! A million-Fucking dollars! For a shy case? A fraud case? .... that’s a lot of wood!

He’s GONNA show up for court! Believe me! And showing up is the ONLY reason why a judge sets a bail to begin with. It’s NOT supposed to be a punishment!..... and fella’s, THATS case law I’m talking here. NOT my personal opinion of things.

If they can “prove” that he actually had a cell phone in his hands and was making calls to associates in violation of his bail package. Then by all means throw him back in the can if that’s the stipulation!

BUT!.... and this is a big BUT! They have to prove it. Not conjecture! Not taking an agents word over the defendant (because history has proved, time and time again, that agents lie). Show me the money! Lol..... show us the photo of the phone in his hand! ..... then, if that’s the case. Violate his ass back to jail!

That’s where we stand, Ok!

.....and one more thing while we’re at it. This “Fanboy” bullshit!

It’s about equal justice under the law, across the board for EVERYBODY! .... not everybody “except” guys with vowels at the end of their names!

This mafia hysteria BS that the feds have been using very successfully now for decades, and getting away with murder.

That is called “ethnic prejudice”! And THAT I won’t stand for! ..... and neither should you, or any other red blooded American.

Because if you do. And you’re “cool” with that because they’re Italian or alleged bad mafia guys. Then you’re the “Fanboy”, not us. And lay down Sallies for these disreputable, “shoot from the hip”, “win at all costs”, low moral self-serving prosecutors and G-men.

Who profess to be upholding the law but subverting it at every chance they get, so as to keep a perfect record of convictions and elevate their careers....Because the ends, DO NOT justify the means!

And THAT’S the God’s honest truth!
-
Because one day....some day. YOU or your loved ones may be on the receiving end of unequal justice. And then who’s gonna be there to speak up for you?
-
Well said maxie, well said
Thank you pal!.... I appreciate the moral support.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

It’s actually the lack of resources devoted to preventing major crises that gets me boiling .

Devoting such LE resources to non violent gambling and loans is partly why we have had such country changing crisis with opioids and mortgages. Their priority ( or lack of ) makes zero sense in terms of making our country safer except when factoring in the Execs simply bought off the Govt so their criminal rackets could flourish.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 pm

It’s actually the lack of resources devoted to preventing major crises that gets me boiling .

Devoting such LE resources to non violent gambling and loans is partly why we have had such country changing crisis with opioids and mortgages. Their priority ( or lack of ) makes zero sense in terms of making our country safer except when factoring in the Execs simply bought off the Govt so their criminal rackets could flourish.
Bingo! 1000% correct. and I also believe that going after opioids, mortgages, etc., DOES NOT provide the hoopla, and front page headlines (even to this very day), that pinching a half-dozen so-called wise guys with Italian surnames and cool sounding nicknames does. It could be (and usually is) a bullshit gambling operation or lending out a few loans, but it sells newspapers. It's "sexy". And it gets the advancements in their careers. THAT'S the real deal!

Terrorism is what I'm worried about. Fentenyl is what I'm worried about.......NOT the corner bookmaker, or half-a-wiseguy running a card game, or for charging 2 points a week on a $5,000. loan. It's a fucking joke!.....A bad joke.

But not to the guys who get nailed and half railroaded.

How about allocating the PROPER resources to go after MS-13 who are chopping the heads off little innocent boys and girls and ruining our neighborhoods. The Crips. The Bloods......street gangs that ARE ruining our quality of life. Not "Joe the bookmaker"!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Big Brother doesn't like that shit! ...... it's called "competition"!
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Italians are the last group the government can pull this crap with, although White Republcans are a close second. Paul Manafort may have committed a crime, but raiding his home and keeping him locked up is wrong, same for Roger Stone. Trump and Obama have pardoned drug dealers and killers but not a single wiseguy. When the government overdoes it they need to be called on it. One guy Trump pardoned was part of a ring that killed 6 people. A list of the oldest inmates in America was mostly Italians till Persico died and Franzese was let out.

The story isn't that Campos never committed a crime, it's the over reach and double standards. I'm glad to see it called out.
For all the Gerry Capeci fans, remember he has called them on it a few times, no one calls him names when he does, or says they won't read him anymore.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

The feds can look at the records of anions phone, which means they can see who was called on his daughters phone, and at what time and for how long. He should not have such a high bail for what he is charged with. On top of that they follow him looking for any excuse to hold him for trial, when in fact he shows no signs of being a flight risk. We have a fucked up and lopsided justice system.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

bert wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:36 pm The feds can look at the records of anions phone, which means they can see who was called on his daughters phone, and at what time and for how long. He should not have such a high bail for what he is charged with. On top of that they follow him looking for any excuse to hold him for trial, when in fact he shows no signs of being a flight risk. We have a fucked up and lopsided justice system.
Exactly the point of the article and the one we have in process.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:29 pm Italians are the last group the government can pull this crap with, although White Republcans are a close second. Paul Manafort may have committed a crime, but raiding his home and keeping him locked up is wrong, same for Roger Stone. Trump and Obama have pardoned drug dealers and killers but not a single wiseguy. When the government overdoes it they need to be called on it. One guy Trump pardoned was part of a ring that killed 6 people. A list of the oldest inmates in America was mostly Italians till Persico died and Franzese was let out.

The story isn't that Campos never committed a crime, it's the over reach and double standards. I'm glad to see it called out.
For all the Gerry Capeci fans, remember he has called them on it a few times, no one calls him names when he does, or says they won't read him anymore.
Bert, you and I have not always seen eye to eye, correct? But I commend you for standing up and saying what you just said (and how you said it). BRAVO!

And you too ARE a zillion percent correct in your position! It is a FUCKED UP justice system. That only works for who "they" want it to work for!

Italians? LOL....... if your name ends in a vowel. And you get pinched? You might as well hang up your jockstrap, because you're fucked! Plain and simple.
And I've seen it first-fucking hand (not second hand, and not reading about it in some book).

And you are right. Italians are the last people in this country the G can pull this shit on. Why? Because typically Italian knockaround guys just suck it up. It's in our DNA, our culture, NOT to complain or show the opposition weakness or crying. You could say it's the whole Omertà thing to the core of our DNA. Not only mob guys, but the Italian people in general. We were so used to NOT counting on our government for help or relieve, that we brought that same mentality to this country.........and it stuck to this very day.

A VERY admirable thing indeed! But it's starting to work against us now. Our children, and our base heritage is under attack by these scumbags who call themselves the "protectors of the people"....... yeah, protectors my ass!
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Vacari clearly off his meds today.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.