peter tuccio- kid w merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Re: peter tuccio- kid w merlino

Post by JohnnySalami »

Sally ko from the Bronx is fairly young so is Vito guzzo they’re both made in the Genovese
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Vito is with the Colombo’s actually I can’t recall
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

JohnnySalami wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:11 pm Vito is with the Colombo’s actually I can’t recall
Vito is fifty and doing an enormous sentence right now.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Some families are (barely) maintaining lower than peak numbers. No family is expanding far as I know.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:44 pm No family is actually expanding. At best some are maintaining their membership levels though the same probably can't be said for the associate count.

Pogo
Sorry missed your answer first.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Targenmantarian wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:14 pm
JohnnySalami wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:11 pm Vito is with the Colombo’s actually I can’t recall
Vito is fifty and doing an enormous sentence right now.
Still pretty young but he should be out in what a few years
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Young but I was comparing it to most Genovese but I recalled what I said he’s with the colombos
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

2030 he gets out.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

60 when he gets out he didn’t even hit his golden years he’ll probably be on top by the time he’s 65
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Or a high ranking capo
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Sure. And the Colombos will be down to 60 odd guys if not less.

At current replacement rates. I think Pogo had them in the 70s now. So given a few makings and many more deaths and some rats you'd figure they'd lose about ten over ten years.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Targenmantarian wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:31 pm If the Gambinos are thriving what’s that say about the Genovese? I’d put them on a whole another levels than the Gambinos.
Genovese always make the most non narcotics cash.

Membership wise they keep shrinking because they are insanely selective and closed off.

But those alive do really well. But they lose way more people than they replace. Which at some point will hit a critical mark and hurt them. But they probably only need a few huge earners anyways.
Insanely selective 😂😂😂 another myth about the Genovese family. This isn't the 80s. The Genovese and Gambino families, according to the feds pretty much still have the same numbers as they did 20 years ago. Only need a few big earners out of 200+ 😂
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:43 pm
Possibly Gambinos although they are down from 250 to 100ish.
100?

Pogo has over 150 Gambino members listed and that's not even taking into account the unknown members.

Gambino's are probably around 165 - 175 members.
Your way too low, feds have both families at around 200 soldiers
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:24 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:31 pm If the Gambinos are thriving what’s that say about the Genovese? I’d put them on a whole another levels than the Gambinos.
Genovese always make the most non narcotics cash.

Membership wise they keep shrinking because they are insanely selective and closed off.

But those alive do really well. But they lose way more people than they replace. Which at some point will hit a critical mark and hurt them. But they probably only need a few huge earners anyways.
Insanely selective 😂😂😂 another myth about the Genovese family. This isn't the 80s. The Genovese and Gambino families, according to the feds pretty much still have the same numbers as they did 20 years ago. Only need a few big earners out of 200+ 😂

masslive’s Logo

Sign In

Search
NEWS
New Haven-based mob boss Eugene 'Rooster' Onofrio sentenced; said he was 'given' Springfield
Updated Jan 30, 2019;
Posted Jul 28, 2018

LUDLOW - A transgender former inmate of the Hampden County jail is suing Sheriff Nick Cocchi and a deputy superintendent for harassment and discrimination while she was in custody in 2016. (The Repulican file )

Comment
shares
By Stephanie Barry | sbarry@repub.com
The self-proclaimed Genovese crime family "skipper" of Springfield was sentenced to 30 months in prison for loansharking and other crimes earlier this month.

A federal judge in New York rejected an argument that Eugene "Rooster" Onofrio was simply a senior citizen living a "modest life" and trying to supplement a fixed income by making extortionate loans, accepting "tribute" from gangster underlings and selling untaxed cigarettes.

These were the activities to which Onofrio pleaded guilty on Feb, 28, 2018, in federal court in Manhattan. He was sentenced on July 19.

In a letter to Judge Richard Sullivan, Onofrio said he was bumping along on disability for the last 15 years, until mob turncoat John "JR" Rubeo roped him in during a five-year sting for the FBI.

"In 2013 I met Mr, Rubio (sic) and we spent a considerable amount of time together. During this time he suggested several opportunities for financial gain with me. Given my age and living on such a fixed income I saw this as my last opportunity for financial gain unfortunately took it and made some bad judgement calls," Onofrio, 76, wrote to the judge.

He regrets he didn't stick with his "modest life," he told the judge, making a pitch for a 20-month sentence in home confinement.

Onofrio was among 45 gangsters up and down the East Coast Rubeo managed to snare while wearing a wire on most of them, according to court records. Rubeo was often accompanied by an undercover FBI agent who posed as an old high school buddy.

The agent served as Onofrio's driver for a time, and once shuttled him to a pizza shop in Chicopee, where he arranged for a $30,000 loan with assists from Springfield gangsters Ralph Santaniello and Francesco "Frank" Depergola.

Santaniello and Depergola were among those caught up in the New York-based mafia sting, and also were convicted of extortion in connection with shaking down a city tow company operator in Springfield.

They are serving 60- and 38-month sentences, respectively. Santaniello is serving out his time at a federal penitentiary at Schuykill in Minersville, Pennsylvania. Depergola is serving his sentence at a low-security facility in Fort Dix, New Jersey, according to U.S. Bureau of Prison records.

While Onofrio attempts to paint himself as an old man who was taken advantage of by a younger soldier, he was caught on a 2014 recorded call referring to himself as "the skipper" of Springfield, or the captain of a street crew.

He added that the city "was given to him," although he does not say by whom.

He also notes that he has "four or five guys" in Springfield and intends to sponsor one for formal induction to the Genovese family. He does not name the prospect.

During pretrial bail hearings in the Springfield mob case, an FBI agent testified that Santaniello was up for sponsorship and Depergola was miffed that Santaniello was ahead of him in line, given that Santaniello is significantly younger with less street time.

But at any rate, the books were "closed" for the Genovese family at the time, the agent told a federal magistrate judge. The transcripts of a conversation submitted by prosecutors in advance of Onofrio's sentencing seem to bear that theory out.

Onofrio: "Everything's shut down."

Rubeo: "He doesn't put anyone up."

Onofrio: "Yeah he does."

Rubeo: "Never."

Onofrio: "I do."

Rubeo: "He don't." (apparently referring to Danny Leo, a top Genovese boss)

Onofrio: "I already put a guy up from Springfield, Mass. ... You know, Springfield was given to me."

Rubeo: "Yeah, you told me."

Onofrio: "I got four, five guys up there. One I love to death."

Rubeo: "Why don't you move me up there? Can I make money?"

Onofrio: "I know he is a gangster, I know he's got balls, he's got heart. He, his name is already in. When they open up, I'm definitely putting him in, because I can't travel from New Haven to Springfield all the time."
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Pogo did all the ceremonies.

How many people have the Genovese made recently?