Anthony Ruggiano Jr Interview (Ed Scarpo)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: Anthony Ruggiano Jr Interview (Ed Scarpo)

Post by maxiestern11 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 am
bronx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:34 am was it the old name for the airport? now jfk?
The other big one was across the street - The Kennedy Inn, which was owned by a friend of mine Little Dom Cataldo. He had a hidden interest. But this was the same side as the Jade East. I’m having a mental block here because I should know this.... it’ll come to me.
Right, Cataldo told you about his hidden interests...lol

:lol:
He was a friend of mine, Banana Head!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 am
bronx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:34 am was it the old name for the airport? now jfk?
The other big one was across the street - The Kennedy Inn, which was owned by a friend of mine Little Dom Cataldo. He had a hidden interest. But this was the same side as the Jade East. I’m having a mental block here because I should know this.... it’ll come to me.
Right, Cataldo told you about his hidden interests...lol

:lol:
He was a friend of mine, Banana Head! Lol.... in fact, it was pretty common knowledge that Dom had the joint. No big deal! Drank with him there on more than one occasion.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Your insults are almost as lame as your troll persona.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 pm
bert wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 pm An associate means a potential future member or a person like a member.
I disagree. Joe Watts, Terrance Caldwell, Marat Balagula, Burt Kaplan, James Bishop, John Morrisey, Angelo McConnach, Sidney Lieberman and many many many more all official on record associates and not one could be a future member while only Watts could be considered 'like' a member.

Johnny, that's what I am saying. Watts was an associate, these others are co defendants or guys who they did deals with. I'm not familiar with all 7 you mention aside from Watts, but Caldwell they are not considered associates in the way Watts is. Watts, Milton Rockman, and Jimmy Burke were what it means.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

bert wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 pm
bert wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 pm How can anyone take him seriously after this opening:
By Ed Scarpo

In the 1960s and 1970s, Anthony (Fat Andy) Ruggiano had one of the biggest crews in the Gambino family, and he wanted to keep it that way.
He had had around 70-75 guys in his crew, and out of all of them, Andy wanted to straighten out only one, Nicky Corozzo.

75 guys in a crew, sure.
Vincent Cafaro, a Genovese soldier, testified that he had 72 "controllers" working under him in his numbers operation. A soldier having 75 associates under them is not unheard of, especially in the glory days of Cosa Nostra.
They are not associates, they are people who come and go, a few may be female too. They are not associates, unless one or two are also with the crew often, and answer to being called in on non number related stuff. An associate means a potential future member or a person like a member. Not workers or fringe people like their friends.
I guess it just comes down to semantics, everyone has their own opinion of what constitutes an associate. I consider anyone who works for a crime family and isn't made to be an associate.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Why is it so hard for people to believe or understand that just because this is a messageboard doesnt mean some of us havent met or know associates of crime families esp if you live on east coast. Its not like said people are criminals themselves. I was just at arturos in manhattan across from chins old social club and the owner knew chin and had a picture of him on the wall...we talked.

It seems to just be people in the middle Of the country or britian that dont believe people. Sure people could lie but thats retarded. And there are a lot of retards but there are plenty of people who have met them or talked or are friends with them on a personal non business level
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Was Anthony Ruggiano Jr a cooperator? If so who did he cooperate against and why?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Extortion wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 pm Why is it so hard for people to believe or understand that just because this is a messageboard doesnt mean some of us havent met or know associates of crime families esp if you live on east coast. Its not like said people are criminals themselves. I was just at arturos in manhattan across from chins old social club and the owner knew chin and had a picture of him on the wall...we talked.

It seems to just be people in the middle Of the country or britian that dont believe people. Sure people could lie but thats retarded. And there are a lot of retards but there are plenty of people who have met them or talked or are friends with them on a personal non business level
THANK YOU! Extortion, very well said. And oh so true! With all do respect to whomever the particular wiseguy is, it’s not like he’s the president of the United States or an alien from space. These people live all around us in the Tristate area. Especially NYC.
-
They grew up with somebody! Somewhere! Went to school, had friends, played ball, dated guys sisters, hung out, bump into people in stores and go out to eat, frequent people’s businesses, are related to other people- cousins, brothers, uncles, dads, grandfathers, etc etc etc ....... its just SO FRIGGIN STUPID already that these out of state or out of the country (or out of the universe lol) people just don’t get it already!
-
It’s like they’re either retarded or just wanna be contrary
and argue!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Extortion wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:50 pm Was Anthony Ruggiano Jr a cooperator? If so who did he cooperate against and why?
The kid went bad after getting in trouble himself I think.
And testified in open court against a few guys. And I believe a few good fellas. Not sure but I think maybe Dom Pizzonia and that bunch in HB etc
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Extortion wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 pm Why is it so hard for people to believe or understand that just because this is a messageboard doesnt mean some of us havent met or know associates of crime families esp if you live on east coast. Its not like said people are criminals themselves. I was just at arturos in manhattan across from chins old social club and the owner knew chin and had a picture of him on the wall...we talked.

I think we're building a smart army here....I'm with you all the way on this one!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bronx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:14 pmo.k. Maxie
“The Skyway Motor Inn”.... off the Conduit in Jamaica,
right outside JFK airport.... It finally came to me. THIS was a top mob joint, all the crews used to congregate there. They served food all night, live music, big round bar. I’ve been there many times with friends of mine. Their idea. I personally never liked the place. Dingy in my book with half-assed food. But you went there to tie up with everybody understand?
-
Now it’s a welfare motel or some shit.... long gone from its glory days.
-
Fat Andy among many others used to frequent the place. It was like old home week among the boys. Little Dom, Louie Montclair, Tony Pep, etc... all hung there
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

bert wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:26 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 pm
bert wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 pm An associate means a potential future member or a person like a member.
I disagree. Joe Watts, Terrance Caldwell, Marat Balagula, Burt Kaplan, James Bishop, John Morrisey, Angelo McConnach, Sidney Lieberman and many many many more all official on record associates and not one could be a future member while only Watts could be considered 'like' a member.

Johnny, that's what I am saying. Watts was an associate, these others are co defendants or guys who they did deals with. I'm not familiar with all 7 you mention aside from Watts, but Caldwell they are not considered associates in the way Watts is. Watts, Milton Rockman, and Jimmy Burke were what it means.
No it seems to me you’re deciding who was and wasn’t an associate based on your own definition. ALL those guys were on record associates including Caldwell who did hits for the Luccheses and was more trusted than some of their own made members.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Maybe Caldwell was really with the Luccheses, maybe he was just used that one time. If people go by anything that's printed in the news, then he is an associate.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

bert wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:20 pm Maybe Caldwell was really with the Luccheses, maybe he was just used that one time. If people go by anything that's printed in the news, then he is an associate.
He tried to kill enzo stagno for mike meldish. Caldwell was just one example I was using and maybe not the best of the bunch but there were plenty of guys who could never be made and weren't looked at as equal to a member as you said who are 100% total legit associates.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Very Good Article. It’s funny because Ruggiano isn’t talked about as much when the media talk about the mob. He was made in the 50’s and even was Gotti’s sponsor but you don’t really hear enough about him.