Lucchese Trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Yonkers103
On Record

Re: Lucchese Trial

Post by Yonkers103 »

a guy gettin locked up for hopping a subway turnstile gets more publicity then this case, unbelievable! are the luke's really that irrelevant?
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Yonkers103 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm i really don't understand, one of the biggest trials in recent years and it's getting nearly zero press! the porky case got plenty of press, nicky santoro and his guys got plenty of press but this case nothing.
I wonder if its because the trial is in White Plains instead of Lower Manhattan.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Is it not possible the Lukes have some control over people at newspapers and keep it minimiZed like the Bonnanos used to hold quite a bit of sway with one the or the New York papers ?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/prosecuto ... jailbreak/

It says closing defense arguments were today.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So next up is the jury deliberation??

It goes prosecution then defense, right?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Mason_dixon wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 am Is it not possible the Lukes have some control over people at newspapers and keep it minimiZed like the Bonnanos used to hold quite a bit of sway with one the or the New York papers ?
not possible. even if they did have any sort of involvement with the papers, it’d be more packaging, printing and distribution. delivery, routes, shit like that. and as of just a few years ago a smattering of guys from various families have had involvement in that type of stuff, none of the 5 families have enough juice to influence the editing desk at a major newspaper. i dont think they ever did to be honest.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

“ La toke-a-nostra” When is the New York Post going to stop this nonsense?
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Teddy Persico wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 am
HaHaHa! The Post is the greatest and best Newspaper in the world, I read it every single day-Great Sports coverage too
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:07 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 am Is it not possible the Lukes have some control over people at newspapers and keep it minimiZed like the Bonnanos used to hold quite a bit of sway with one the or the New York papers ?
not possible. even if they did have any sort of involvement with the papers, it’d be more packaging, printing and distribution. delivery, routes, shit like that. and as of just a few years ago a smattering of guys from various families have had involvement in that type of stuff, none of the 5 families have enough juice to influence the editing desk at a major newspaper. i dont think they ever did to be honest.
They did once upon a time. During the tommy brown, costello, adonis, lansky, fishetti era. When reporters had their hands out more than now. Bunch a do gooder commie liberal fags now who write for free.

But I agree it aint possible the amusos are controling the media. Theres nothing sensational about them guys on trial or the victim. The case is about scumbags killing scumbags. The newspapers have bigger stories to attract fish to there hooks.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:45 pm
Yonkers103 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm i really don't understand, one of the biggest trials in recent years and it's getting nearly zero press! the porky case got plenty of press, nicky santoro and his guys got plenty of press but this case nothing.
I wonder if its because the trial is in White Plains instead of Lower Manhattan.
Nobody cares about that shit. Some guy just knifed a baby trump hot air balloon. Woody allen caught fingering a baby. GM meetings in the mlb is coming up. Thats what the real news is covering.

JIGGS
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Any update on the verdict of the trial?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Teddy Persico wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 am
never. they've been doing shitty pun titles for decades, it's their calling card. :lol:
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Its veterans day. I dont think you will hear anything until tmrw morning.
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Shocked at the lack of coverage. Witht the juty deliberating so long you think its good or bad?