Cefalu probe?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

richard_belding
Straightened out

Re: Cefalu probe?

Post by richard_belding »

Big D (the cousin) was convicted of heroin trafficking in 1981, and busted with cousin Joseph in a Long Island racketeering charge in 2011
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

The Cefalu’s have a pretty large family in NY, USA. Dom no longer lives in Brooklyn but operates in Bensonhurst. The Cousin Joe lives in L.I. And owns a Jewelry Store he was listed as just an Associate. Riccardo is about 92 years old and currently still alive I believe Patsy is still alive too
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Cefalu was mainly closest to Cali, Bobby Glasses and Mannino throughout these recent years.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

eboli wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:32 am
Camo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:17 am Barney was actually first reported boss in February 2016 in Gangland, it mentions him being boss "for the last few years" by that point so i think people assumed it was since 2014 unless it was mentioned elsewhere. Actually reading it it mentions DIchiara giving information to Bellomo since 2014 so i guess that's why people assumed that. Here's the Gangland where it was first mentioned -
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1543
To my knowledge the first time he was mentioned as boss was by a NY Daily News article from October 2014 and later in early 2016 Capeci's federal sources confirmed it. In June 2009 NYDN reported the rotating panel of senior members, so I guess they had some sources around that time.
Do you have a link to the article naming him the official boss and not just one of the leaders of the family? I believe you i just always thought that Gangland was the first time he had been reported as official boss.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Boston+matt14 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:20 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:25 pm
newera_212 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:48 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:40 pm Riccardo Cefalu, my opinion was the actual power in Pat Contes crew..... felice info said it was common knowledge Conte bought his button....
He might have, but he was a powerhouse for decades, riccardo cefalu has only been mentioned from that heroin bust about 50 years ago, if he was the power in that crew he would have been made captain, not his nephew, don't understand that thinking at all, nothing suggests Riccardo was a powerful member
Good point & I understand where you are coming from but there have been a few very smart / wealthy soldiers that passed up Capo.

Joe Ponte is basically a ghost despite being one the most successful racketeers (garbage was likely a top 3 biz ). That $ was funneled into a possible $1B+ NYC / NJ real estate portfolio. I wish someone did a look into Ponte as he might be worthy of top gangster of all time when considering jail time/ notoriety. Some legit but very interesting $100m type biz deals with Ponte land , Sam Chang develop / investor and west side outfit as GC that still goes on today. I’m sure it’s legit but still bringing in some $ ( but more so real power ) and down right impressive IMO these guys are still arranging multiple Manhattan sky scraper deals regularly. Not to mention all other boroughs and Hudson county NJ

Not sure his wealth but I believe the Old Man Debello ( I think ?) in that WS crip murder for hire bust with Bonelli passed up Capo job and perhaps Peter Red son got it? Btw that social club is still very active so I wouldn’t be shocked if his son is a key player in the family. Seaport construction is in boom and like I said they have a strong physical presence in LES.

Chang is retiring this year so it will be very interesting how/ if the west side adapts as it seem he was their $ man that allowed WS GCs to get a good rep and build out their business
do yourself a favor and do a google street view on the address of the social club. I guess google did a recent image update, and the picture now is hilarious. 3 guys sitting out front of the club with lawn chairs and a guy standing outside of a double parked white lexus talking to them. one of the guys was wearing track suit pants with loafers :mrgreen:

There was an article recently (i.e. within the last year) in the NY Post about Ponte's RE portfolio in regards to a divorce / inheritance or something. fucking insane. I couldn't imagine. god bless them for their foresight I guess. This was alluded to on a Soprano's episode - forget the season or even the specific episode, but Tony was talking to someone mentioning that all the guys his Dad was around were buying up property around the old waste transfer station in the city and "now, that's turned into TriBeCa" - definitely a nod to the Ponte Brothers
What’s the address of the club please?
Try 57 Market St. New York, NY and use the street view to look around.
Cheers 👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Camo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:18 pm
Camo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:17 am Barney was actually first reported boss in February 2016 in Gangland, it mentions him being boss "for the last few years" by that point so i think people assumed it was since 2014 unless it was mentioned elsewhere. Actually reading it it mentions DIchiara giving information to Bellomo since 2014 so i guess that's why people assumed that. Here's the Gangland where it was first mentioned -
To my knowledge the first time he was mentioned as boss was by a NY Daily News article from October 2014 and later in early 2016 Capeci's federal sources confirmed it. In June 2009 NYDN reported the rotating panel of senior members, so I guess they had some sources around that time.
Do you have a link to the article naming him the official boss and not just one of the leaders of the family? I believe you i just always thought that Gangland was the first time he had been reported as official boss.
Actually I can't find it anywhere, so I'm most likely misremembering it, and you're correct on that. Although I can't find the other one with the rotating panel, and I know that one existed because Chris had it referenced in one of his older Genovese charts, in which he also had Bellomo as boss since 2014. I'll shoot you a pm with link if I'm able to find it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

eboli wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Actually I can't find it anywhere, so I'm most likely misremembering it, and you're correct on that. Although I can't find the other one with the rotating panel, and I know that one existed because Chris had it referenced in one of his older Genovese charts, in which he also had Bellomo as boss since 2014. I'll shoot you a pm with link if I'm able to find it.
A June 2009 New York Daily News article that identified Mangano, Muscarella, Dentico, and Bellomo as being on a rotating panel of recently released leaders running the family.

A September 2009 New York Times article identified Fiumara as being on a three man panel running the family.

A February 2014 Wall Street Journal article reported the family was believed to be still run by a ruling panel.

A February 2016 Gang Land News article reported that Barney Bellomo was the boss and waa using captain Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara as street boss/consigliere to relay orders.
All roads lead to New York.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

I think the mixup is people assuming Barney has been boss since 2014 because in the 2016 Gangland it mentions him being boss for the last few years and it also mentions him getting information from DiChiara since 2014. Also just realized another reason people think it must have been since 2014 is because as Wiseguy pointed out the last mention of the families leadership before the 2016 Gangland was in 2014 where it says they were still being run by a ruling panel so it follows Barney became boss in 2014 at the earliest.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:19 pm
A June 2009 New York Daily News article that identified Mangano, Muscarella, Dentico, and Bellomo as being on a rotating panel of recently released leaders running the family.

A September 2009 New York Times article identified Fiumara as being on a three man panel running the family.

A February 2014 Wall Street Journal article reported the family was believed to be still run by a ruling panel.

A February 2016 Gang Land News article reported that Barney Bellomo was the boss and waa using captain Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara as street boss/consigliere to relay orders.
Thanks for clearing it up, Wiseguy.
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

red.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

try 77 market and it should bring you right to the view im talking about. lol. looks like a nice day outside. wonder who those guys are
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Anybody know roughly how many members there are in the 18th ave crew? maybe felice or bronx will know
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

I would think there’s about 8-10 Soldiers and probably many more associates
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Camo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 pm
I think the mixup is people assuming Barney has been boss since 2014 because in the 2016 Gangland it mentions him being boss for the last few years and it also mentions him getting information from DiChiara since 2014. Also just realized another reason people think it must have been since 2014 is because as Wiseguy pointed out the last mention of the families leadership before the 2016 Gangland was in 2014 where it says they were still being run by a ruling panel so it follows Barney became boss in 2014 at the earliest.
DiChiara was giving Capeci info??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:42 am
Camo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 pm
DiChiara was giving Capeci info??
Barney was, Petey Red was passing on info from other Captains like Danny Pagano. Here's the exact quote from Gangland: But, as Gang Land reported in 2014, in an exclusive report about DiChiara's newspaper industry ties, Genovese wiseguys from Queens, Long Island, and beyond, like capo Daniel Pagano of Ramapo, were also spotted at Petey Red's place. Law enforcement sources report that Pagano, who began serving a 30 month prison stay last year, and others were stopping in to see DiChiara in order to pass on information to Bellomo, or receive directives from him.