Frank Millano and Al Capone

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

IrishDave
Straightened out

Frank Millano and Al Capone

Post by IrishDave »

Capone's Empire 1925-1932. Page 82 of this forum, Villain posted about Al Capone' s men. Frank Millano, was listed as Al' s shakedown guy in Cleveland. Did Frank start out in Chicago? I always just thought that he worked for the Lonardo or Porello' s before his Mayfield road mob took over. Did Capone and Chicago have interest in Cleveland?
IrishDave
Straightened out

Re: Frank Millano and Al Capone

Post by IrishDave »

Sorry, page 83
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

All roads lead back to Chicago and New York, pretty much.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

I agree with what you're saying Grouchy. I'm interested in their business relationship. Or if that was a favor in Millano taking over Cleveland.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

IrishDave wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:17 pm Capone's Empire 1925-1932. Page 82 of this forum, Villain posted about Al Capone' s men. Frank Millano, was listed as Al' s shakedown guy in Cleveland. Did Frank start out in Chicago? I always just thought that he worked for the Lonardo or Porello' s before his Mayfield road mob took over. Did Capone and Chicago have interest in Cleveland?
Some of that information is wrong and outdated since it was written almost six years ago lol and I think there was one site at the time which gave me the idea to create a similar chart...although some files say that Milano had the backing of Capone or his men (such as this one https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... one_Milano) and I also believe that during the old days Chicago probably had some interests in Cleveland but the Genoveses probably had a higher jurisdiction

If you want to know more about the real inside and outside players who played a major role in the creation of today's Chicago Outfit, maybe you should read this instead...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4851&sid=b210d6f5a ... 3d20f568ab
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

IrishDave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:55 am I agree with what you're saying Grouchy. I'm interested in their business relationship. Or if that was a favor in Millano taking over Cleveland.
I hear ya. I was basically thinking out loud. I see the name Milano and I just think Cleveland and LA. I never researched the Milanos enough to know that there were Chicago origins. Reminded me that just about all mob activity was ultimately orchestrated out of NY, or Chicago by way of New York, despite all of the families about the country at one time.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:42 am
IrishDave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:55 am I agree with what you're saying Grouchy. I'm interested in their business relationship. Or if that was a favor in Millano taking over Cleveland.
I hear ya. I was basically thinking out loud. I see the name Milano and I just think Cleveland and LA. I never researched the Milanos enough to know that there were Chicago origins. Reminded me that just about all mob activity was ultimately orchestrated out of NY, or Chicago by way of New York, despite all of the families about the country at one time.
Back in the old days they used to reffer to NY as the "Governo Centrale", while Chicago was one of the most important links since they possessed higher jurisdiction around the Midwest and West Coast than the rest of the families from those same areas
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

According to Frank Lonardo, the nephew of Cleveland underboss Angelo Lonardo, Angelo told him that he was told that Joe Lonardo (Cleveland boss until he was murdered in 1927 and Angelo's father) met with Al Capone for a deal to take over the Midwest. If Lonardo would support Capone in taking over the East, then he would let Lonardo take over everything west of Chicago. It doesn't make sense to me, but that's what he said he was told.

Other than that. the Milanos may have had support in Chicago going all the way back to the Colosimo years since they were Calabrians. The Milanos also supported the Lonardos against the Porrellos in Cleveland, so they maintained old alliances.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:15 pm According to Frank Lonardo, the nephew of Cleveland underboss Angelo Lonardo, Angelo told him that he was told that Joe Lonardo (Cleveland boss until he was murdered in 1927 and Angelo's father) met with Al Capone for a deal to take over the Midwest.
Similar situation allegedly occurred in Detroit in 1927 also or around the same time period....

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... ne_zerilli
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Thank you for all the responses and links. The Lonardo deal doesn't make sense to me but it could help explain why the Milano' s were able to hold sway in L.A. Frank or Tony could have been the pointman on that deal. And wasn't Frank on Luciano' s original Commission?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

IrishDave wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 pm And wasn't Frank on Luciano' s original Commission?
I believe he was.

In addition, it seems that the story regarding Capone uniting the whole Midwest and West Coast or at least trying to, is quite real. During the 30s and 40s the Outfit had interests from LA to Detriot or Cleveland, but by the 50s and 60s they had jurisdiction only over cities of so-called second importance such as Gary and Hammond, KC, Milwaukee, Omaha, Tulsa, Los Angeles, Des Moines, Houston, Denver and sometimes St. Louis etc. and I also believe they even represented Rockford on the commission. On top of that, they always had huge interests in Nevada, Florida and Arizona, meaning it is also quite possible that Capone and his men achieved their plan