A Bonanno Haunted House

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: A Bonanno Haunted House

Post by mafiastudent »

rumbum wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:03 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:01 pm
potsnpans wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:38 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm This might not belong here, but here it is anyway.

Truth or hoax?

https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/staten-is ... ob-murder/
I read an article quite awhile ago about some UPS driver who went there by mistake. He went up to the front door and before he could knock it opened by itself. When he tried to put the package on the inside of the door something grabbed him by the shirt collar and yanked him inside. The door slammed shut behind him and something he couldn't see because of the darkness gave him an ass beating the likes of which he never knew existed. He managed to get out of there and get back to the truck. He had a swollen eye a bloody nose swollen lips and a laceration on his forehead. Then he realized he left the package inside the house.

That's interesting. I'm going to have to look that up. There's a show (4 part series) coming out starting Friday on the Travel Channel about hauntings at houses of serial killers/murders committed there along the same vein as above. They're starting with HH Homes in Chicago. I haven't watched the screener yet, but I'm curious how they're going to play that because that hotel no longer exists. Maybe they're going to just talk about it before it burned down. But the entire thing sounds super interesting.

As long as we're talking about hauntings, one of my favorites is Hotel Cecil in CA. If you've never seen the video of the elevator girl (I forget her name). It's freaky.
I never heard of the elevator girl, well maybe I did but that one wasn't a ghost. But I did see the escalator boy. It is what looks to be a male apparition that goes up and down the same escalator at Grand Central Station in NYC. When you see it you can't tell if he missed his train or if he changed his mind and decided not to go. It's really something. All aboard!
I searched all over youtube and couldn't find the escalator boy. Yeah, that elevator girl isnt a ghost, but it's still weird.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

That was a great story. Now I want the book.

An interesting fact about Riverside is that it is a "designed" village. The guy who designed Central Park in NY planned this village with his partner start to finish (the two of them did a lot of other projects too in Chicago, NY, and elsewhere.) There's an architectural term for it, but I can't remember, it's late. But the landscape architect was Frederick Law Olmsted.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

mafiastudent I think rumbum and potsandpans are pulling your legs, at least one of them. There's no escalator boy and no UPS driver getting his ass kicked in a haunted house on Staten Island. Booo! Going down?
rumbum
Prospect

Post by rumbum »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm This might not belong here, but here it is anyway.

Truth or hoax?

I read an article quite awhile ago about some UPS driver who went there by mistake. He went up to the front door and before he could knock it opened by itself. When he tried to put the package on the inside of the door something grabbed him by the shirt collar and yanked him inside. The door slammed shut behind him and something he couldn't see because of the darkness gave him an ass beating the likes of which he never knew existed. He managed to get out of there and get back to the truck. He had a swollen eye a bloody nose swollen lips and a laceration on his forehead. Then he realized he left the package inside the house.

That's interesting. I'm going to have to look that up. There's a show (4 part series) coming out starting Friday on the Travel Channel about hauntings at houses of serial killers/murders committed there along the same vein as above. They're starting with HH Homes in Chicago. I haven't watched the screener yet, but I'm curious how they're going to play that because that hotel no longer exists. Maybe they're going to just talk about it before it burned down. But the entire thing sounds super interesting.

As long as we're talking about hauntings, one of my favorites is Hotel Cecil in CA. If you've never seen the video of the elevator girl (I forget her name). It's freaky.
I never heard of the elevator girl, well maybe I did but that one wasn't a ghost. But I did see the escalator boy. It is what looks to be a male apparition that goes up and down the same escalator at Grand Central Station in NYC. When you see it you can't tell if he missed his train or if he changed his mind and decided not to go. It's really something. All aboard!
I searched all over youtube and couldn't find the escalator boy. Yeah, that elevator girl isnt a ghost, but it's still weird.
I was joking with you mafiastudent. It's not real. It's okay to stop looking for it. If you do find something about it or close to it, let me know. In the mean time stay out of the elevator.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

rumbum wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Truth or hoax?

I was joking with you mafiastudent. It's not real. It's okay to stop looking for it. If you do find something about it or close to it, let me know. In the mean time stay out of the elevator.
You guys are funny.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

i remember when this happened. this was, as they say on law and order, particularly heinous and really unnecessary.

you can read all about it on that ISPN site with the DiLeonardo testimony. Stefan Cicale’s testimony was on there, most of his transcript

i dont think Galestro flipped. his brother in law, Maggio, who was the biggest “tough guy” out of all of them did

this kid got killed over nothing. I think Galestro was in Basciano’s crew or maybe Dom Cicale? sounded like a real scumbag
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Yes ..Galestro was in Doms crew he didn't flip. thought he did along with his brother in law Maggio i was wrong but mckelvey was a clown and Nick Lanza was with that crew before they firebombed his house and assaulted him putting him in the hospital for a month and chased off into witness protection going to carolina then vegas. from what i know Galestro is not in good standing with the family before going away and many years back was repremanded by Dom Cicale and embarrassed..upon his release i think he will be shelved.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Jbravo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 pm Yes ..Galestro was in Doms crew he didn't flip. thought he did along with his brother in law Maggio i was wrong but mckelvey was a clown and Nick Lanza was with that crew before they firebombed his house and assaulted him putting him in the hospital for a month and chased off into witness protection going to carolina then vegas. from what i know Galestro is not in good standing with the family before going away and many years back was repremanded by Dom Cicale and embarrassed..upon his release i think he will be shelved.
i think Cicale or maybe even Basciano slapped him across the face for not wanting to drive out and meet them, or showing up late to a meeting, and bitching about how he didnt want to be in that crew. im assuming the slap was before he was made, but then again these guys break rules all the time. the Basciano book talks a little about Dom’s “reign” as Captain and made it sound like he was a real prick and a bully and just an overall shitty guy to work for.

just the way Galestro killed this kid, and who he had around him and who he had do the killing, im guessing the Bonnanos would have shelved him because of all that. but it makes more sense to let the guy keep his status if hes about to do time. less chance of him flipping. they can shelf him after he does his 20 years LOL

everything out there about Galestro and his crew was real bad. real low life crew. Galestro has a connected brother, dont rememeber the name. did he end up getting made?
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Yes your right i believe once he out he's done.. he'll be shelved. It was a rag tag crew for sure. Mike Maggio was the one on the street while the crew took orders from him via Galestro... Brother Mike Galestro is not made from what i know. And Maggios cousin was killed also after the fallout to keep him from cooperating..