Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Post by mafiastudent »

Well, I guess I'm at the bottom of the moral compass heap. No outrage here for Mexican cartels or black gang leaders. Don't care. But I will stand by my belief that the Italian mafia is unfairly targeted, that the FBI has the most skeletons in their closets, and the government is the biggest organized crime group n the world from the top spot (local, state, national and past, present and future) all the way to the bottom.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And I'm about to go off Maxie style without the exclamation points, but Wiseguy, I respect you, you're extremely knowledgeable, and I have learned a lot from your posts, but just because someone defends or speaks out for the other side doesn't mean they don't care about the Constitution or the law for that matter. But it's unbalanced and unfair and that's the real crime.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:48 pm And I'm about to go off Maxie style without the exclamation points, but Wiseguy, I respect you, you're extremely knowledgeable, and I have learned a lot from your posts, but just because someone defends or speaks out for the other side doesn't mean they don't care about the Constitution or the law for that matter. But it's unbalanced and unfair and that's the real crime.
Well put MS!
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Have there been a few guys who have claimed to be sicker than they really were and then went on to live longer than expected? Sure. Have there also been guys who fuckin died in the can (under tax payer dollars) or died soon after coming home? Yes as well.

It’s just creepy to me that there are people in the government who care so much to say an old geriatric fuck “isn’t sick enough”. Does the guy need to vomit on their fucking shoes to be sick enough?

I disagree whole heartedly with pogo and Wiseguy but I do admit I respect their opinion here because at least you guys have the balls to say “fuck them”. Two words I tend to use very often.

However, I have a lot less respect for what the feds do. Arguing and lobbying that a guy isn’t sick enough is just plain creepy and weird to me. What a miserable job to be the guy in the FBI that has to determine a guy isn’t “sick enough” to go home when he’s pissing blood out of his ass 10 times a day and blind in one eye but housed with 20 year old bloods and crips
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Uncle Pete wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:25 pm Have there been a few guys who have claimed to be sicker than they really were and then went on to live longer than expected? Sure. Have there also been guys who fuckin died in the can (under tax payer dollars) or died soon after coming home? Yes as well.

It’s just creepy to me that there are people in the government who care so much to say an old geriatric fuck “isn’t sick enough”. Does the guy need to vomit on their fucking shoes to be sick enough?

I disagree whole heartedly with pogo and Wiseguy but I do admit I respect their opinion here because at least you guys have the balls to say “fuck them”. Two words I tend to use very often.

However, I have a lot less respect for what the feds do. Arguing and lobbying that a guy isn’t sick enough is just plain creepy and weird to me. What a miserable job to be the guy in the FBI that has to determine a guy isn’t “sick enough” to go home when he’s pissing blood out of his ass 10 times a day and blind in one eye but housed with 20 year old bloods and crips
👍😎
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Jonathan Kwitney's book and others have overinflated figures in them. The mafia is on the low end of the totem pole in health care fraud, but the feds and locals have no clue how to crack down, so they blame on group. The Construction industry and sanitation were places they made a lot of money, but to believe they made "Billions" or 'Hundreds of millions" doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you look at the money in those industries. There are many groups in drugs, and gambling, but the feds and locals put an overbalanced amount of emphasis on the Mafia cause it's just plain easier than actually solving crimes or infiltrating those other groups.

Meanwhile Peter Gotti is sick, and old, and should be sent home to die.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:46 am The mafia has touched and hurt so many lives and cost billions of legitimate dollars, it would probably be impossible to get a full picture on the scope of the damage. Just spend a day reading Jonathan Kwitney's classic book from the 80's about how the mafia causes unnatural and inflated prices. It's organized crime for crying out loud, it doesn't take Maxie's student graduating whatever school he is in to see that. It's also true that members and associates get treated in a manner that is unfair because of dozens and dozens of unproven crimes of themselves and their associates. That's not how our system is supposed to work. Both points are true but if you think the mafia only touches "criminals", you are so clearly wrong.

Jonathan Kwitney's books also say that the Reagan administration, the CIA, and Capitalist cooperations are corrupt and fuel the drug industry. He wrote a book saying the CIA and the government were behind drug dealing, he writes all fake ass conspiracy crap. If anyone reads all his books and believes them they wind up like Anthony Comello, tattooed hands and all.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm Jonathan Kwitney's book and others have overinflated figures in them. The mafia is on the low end of the totem pole in health care fraud, but the feds and locals have no clue how to crack down, so they blame on group. The Construction industry and sanitation were places they made a lot of money, but to believe they made "Billions" or 'Hundreds of millions" doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you look at the money in those industries. There are many groups in drugs, and gambling, but the feds and locals put an overbalanced amount of emphasis on the Mafia cause it's just plain easier than actually solving crimes or infiltrating those other groups.

First, healthcare fraud has always been an ad-hoc, side racket for the LCN. Not a core racket like it is for the Russian and Eastern European groups.

Second, every group has their core rackets, including the LCN. What made the Mafia different is it's diversification. No other criminal group has ever been as diversified in its criminal enterprises, and no other group ever came anywhere close to infiltrating the legitimate world. That's why the feds put so much emphasis on the mob.

Third, when it comes to the money figures, are we talking annually? All time? What?

Finally, the feds have been very successful at infiltrating other groups and we see busts pretty regulatory. A lot of people here on this forum, and in the general public, don't see it though unless they catch a headline. They don't follow OC cases closely enough. So there's this false notion, which you repeated above, that it's only the Italians who are getting arrested.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm The Construction industry and sanitation were places they made a lot of money, but to believe thety made "Billions" or 'Hundreds of millions" doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you look at the money in those industries.

It easily adds up to the billions. Add up all the labor racketeering and related rackets the nationwide LCN has been involved with for over 100 years easily adds up to several billion dollars and that is not even factoring in inflation.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:12 pm
bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm Jonathan Kwitney's book and others have overinflated figures in them. The mafia is on the low end of the totem pole in health care fraud, but the feds and locals have no clue how to crack down, so they blame on group. The Construction industry and sanitation were places they made a lot of money, but to believe they made "Billions" or 'Hundreds of millions" doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you look at the money in those industries. There are many groups in drugs, and gambling, but the feds and locals put an overbalanced amount of emphasis on the Mafia cause it's just plain easier than actually solving crimes or infiltrating those other groups.

First, healthcare fraud has always been an ad-hoc, side racket for the LCN. Not a core racket like it is for the Russian and Eastern European groups.

Second, every group has their core rackets, including the LCN. What made the Mafia different is it's diversification. No other criminal group has ever been as diversified in its criminal enterprises, and no other group ever came anywhere close to infiltrating the legitimate world. That's why the feds put so much emphasis on the mob.

Third, when it comes to the money figures, are we talking annually? All time? What?

Finally, the feds have been very successful at infiltrating other groups and we see busts pretty regulatory. A lot of people here on this forum, and in the general public, don't see it though unless they catch a headline. They don't follow OC cases closely enough. So there's this false notion, which you repeated above, that it's only the Italians who are getting arrested.
I did not say only Italians, since the mafia has so many non-Italain associates. If a person hooks up with another group besides the Mafia they are way more likely to be successful avoiding arrest and prosecution. So many go that way..
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:17 pm
bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm The Construction industry and sanitation were places they made a lot of money, but to believe thety made "Billions" or 'Hundreds of millions" doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you look at the money in those industries.

It easily adds up to the billions. Add up all the labor racketeering and related rackets the nationwide LCN has been involved with for over 100 years easily adds up to several billion dollars and that is not even factoring in inflation.

Pogo
You are way off, especially going back. No way it even reaches a billion, let alone multiple billions. They made a lot, but like in everything else, figures are exaggerated greatly.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Pogo
You are way off, especially going back. No way it even reaches a billion, let alone multiple billions. They made a lot, but like in everything else, figures are exaggerated greatly.
From its early days to the present, all the families, all the rackets, and the mob hasn't even reached $1 billion?

Do just sit and think up ways to somehow kill your already non-existent credibility even more?
All roads lead to New York.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Very much correct Bert!.... and let’s face it fellas, arresting guys with names like Joe Dap Dapolito, Frankie the Snake Rizzo, and Sally Apples Lombardo , is a lot more “sexier” sounding in the papers than Fred Johnson and Donald Smith! It sells newspapers and gets these young prosecutors promotions and advancements in their respective careers!
-
High profile Mafia arrests is GREAT for business period!
-
I mean are you kidding somebody already? It’s a joke! And a bad joke at that!
-
Remember you heard it hear first! It’s all good until the flames are licking at your asses, then you’d be screaming bloody murder! ..... and yelling prejudice and trying to call your local congressman for relief!
-
Or it’s your dad or grandpa that’s on their last breath and can hardly stand up..... yet some half-assed jerkoff young snot-nose prosecutor is denying YOUR loved one their last breath! ..... then we’ll see how much “compassion” you want them to have for you and yours!!!
-
Everybody’s a “Hero” in the other guys back! Lol
-
What a joke!
bingo
Honorary Member

Post by bingo »

bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:06 pm
dack2001 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:46 am The mafia has touched and hurt so many lives and cost billions of legitimate dollars, it would probably be impossible to get a full picture on the scope of the damage. Just spend a day reading Jonathan Kwitney's classic book from the 80's about how the mafia causes unnatural and inflated prices. It's organized crime for crying out loud, it doesn't take Maxie's student graduating whatever school he is in to see that. It's also true that members and associates get treated in a manner that is unfair because of dozens and dozens of unproven crimes of themselves and their associates. That's not how our system is supposed to work. Both points are true but if you think the mafia only touches "criminals", you are so clearly wrong.

Jonathan Kwitney's books also say that the Reagan administration, the CIA, and Capitalist cooperations are corrupt and fuel the drug industry. He wrote a book saying the CIA and the government were behind drug dealing, he writes all fake ass conspiracy crap. If anyone reads all his books and believes them they wind up like Anthony Comello, tattooed hands and all.
FYI Jonathan Kwitny died of stomach cancer on 11/26/1998. RIP Kwit.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm
bert wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Pogo
From its early days to the present, all the families, all the rackets, and the mob hasn't even reached $1 billion?

Do just sit and think up ways to somehow kill your already non-existent credibility even more?
I have credibility, and common sense. If you had just one of those it would help you in life.