Chicago Outfit Information, 1971-1972

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Outfit Information, 1971-1972

Post by Frank »

Great info Snakes
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

While not the same city, I have a feeling Montreal is relatively similar in structure.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Snakes-

Great info as usual. I always look forward to what you, Villain, Confederate and Antiliar post on Chicago. Your research is amazing and always with an unbiased attitude. Just the facts and well thought out opinions. Thanks for all the posts!
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Agreed great reads and info. Anyone on this forum from the Bloomingdale/Addison area? I always wonder if these Sicilian clubs on these strips are still mobbed up - I know Capri's was owned by the Outfit before it closed right?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Agreed, thanks for sharing the info, Snakes
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:53 am
By July, 1971, there still appeared to be no Outfit leader interested in taking the "top spot." Nicoletti was described by one informant as being a top choice and is currently supervising Melrose Park for the Outfit. He is also involved in real estate development and legitimate enterprises and invests Outfit money in these ventures. Along with Aiuppa, Nicoletti described as "definitely" controlling the west suburbs, with Nicoletti operating out of Melrose Park and Aiuppa concentrating more on the Cicero-Berwyn area.

Ross Prio was noted to still be the top man on the North Side but does not report to Nicoletti or Aiuppa. Joe DiVarco was described as his number two man. Ricca and Accardo still described as "leaders" of the organization with "no one" possessing more authority than either one of them.
In July of 1971, Ricca was still alive & Accardo, Auippa & Alex were supposedly running the Outfit in tandem according to other sources. So, therefore, Prio would have had to answer to the top three, one being Auippa. No?
I know all this Information came from different Informants, but this info seems incorrect.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:53 am
By July, 1971, there still appeared to be no Outfit leader interested in taking the "top spot." Nicoletti was described by one informant as being a top choice and is currently supervising Melrose Park for the Outfit. He is also involved in real estate development and legitimate enterprises and invests Outfit money in these ventures. Along with Aiuppa, Nicoletti described as "definitely" controlling the west suburbs, with Nicoletti operating out of Melrose Park and Aiuppa concentrating more on the Cicero-Berwyn area.

Ross Prio was noted to still be the top man on the North Side but does not report to Nicoletti or Aiuppa. Joe DiVarco was described as his number two man. Ricca and Accardo still described as "leaders" of the organization with "no one" possessing more authority than either one of them.
In July of 1971, Ricca was still alive & Accardo, Auippa & Alex were supposedly running the Outfit in tandem according to other sources. So, therefore, Prio would have had to answer to the top three, one being Auippa. No?
I know all this Information came from different Informants, but this info seems incorrect.
The Accardo, Aiuppa, Alex, triumvirate did not really come into play until after Ricca's death. Prio and LaPorte were dead that same year so it was much easier to make the new bosses subordinate to Aiuppa since they did not have the same status as Prio and LaPorte. From reading this and other information, I believe that Accardo ran the Outfit through Aiuppa until 1974 or 1975, when he was able to step back again. Additionally, prior to their deaths, it seemed that Accardo (and Ricca) could trust Prio and LaPorte to effectively run their territories in an almost quasi-independent fashion. Once DiBella and Pilotto succeeded to their positions, Aiuppa had a significant amount of seniority on them so it was probably not an issue to have them report to Aiuppa.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

So, in 1971, Prio and LaPorte probably met with Accardo or Ricca "on occasion" to either ask advice, tell them what was happening and give them their cut of the money. In 1971, it would seem that somehow or someway Accardo & Ricca had to get their share each month.
Would you say that corresponds with your Information?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm So, in 1971, Prio and LaPorte probably met with Accardo or Ricca "on occasion" to either ask advice, tell them what was happening and give them their cut of the money. In 1971, it would seem that somehow or someway Accardo & Ricca had to get their share each month.
I think overall, Tony Accardo was probably the most revered of all Chicago bosses. In a sense, even more than Capone was. From the standpoint of intelligence, longevity, shrewdness, wealth, and having lasted so long without serving jail time!
-
He never was jailed correct Confederate? Or am I mistaken about that?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

maxiestern11 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:18 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm So, in 1971, Prio and LaPorte probably met with Accardo or Ricca "on occasion" to either ask advice, tell them what was happening and give them their cut of the money. In 1971, it would seem that somehow or someway Accardo & Ricca had to get their share each month.
I think overall, Tony Accardo was probably the most revered of all Chicago bosses. In a sense, even more than Capone was. From the standpoint of intelligence, longevity, shrewdness, wealth, and having lasted so long without serving jail time!
-
He never did any time for a crime. I could be mistaken, but I think I read once where he spent a night in jail because the Judge wasn't available until the next morning.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:49 pm
-
He never did any time for a crime. I could be mistaken, but I think I read once where he spent a night in jail because the Judge wasn't available until the next morning.
Yeah like a holding pen when you first get picked up. But he never did a jail term.thats what I thought. Sharp guy!
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

-
That's an interesting topic. Of course Accardo and Ricca, possibly the most respected. But in terms of fame, I would say Capone and then Nitti, with Giancana and Lombardo after them, as the most famous members.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Capone, Giancana, Accardo, Nitti, Spilotro and then everyone else in terms of Outfit fame.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

For historical fame it would have to be Scarface Al Capone! He’s known worldwide. Second I’d give to Frank Nitti - his under. Those two names are almost synonymous with each other correct?
-
After that in the public’s eye; Sam Momo Giancana, Tony Accardo, Paul the Waiter Ricca...... on down the line. Those were the most iconic names as far as Chicago goes in my mind
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:18 pm Capone, Giancana, Accardo, Nitti, Spilotro and then everyone else in terms of Outfit fame.
We're in total agreement if you add the clown, very famous in Chicago. Probably from his nickname.