The Corporation

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Re: The Corporation

Post by Bklyn21 »

JIGGS wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:51 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pmthey have also made headway into the unions where there are now many Hispanic run construction outfits and coalitions.

Most of the coalitions or "associations" are led by moolies or spanish who answer to a White man. The one ones who don't are small potatoes and taking advantage of their members who pay dues but only find work once in a while. Guys like David Rodriguez, Reggie Rob, Lucky Rivera rose up the ranks and became bosses. They knew the score and how the game worked and got a piece. The crooks are the developers who create the environment for coalitions to form. Nyc construction industry is as corrupt as it gets.
Not infiltrating the unions, Just more Hispanics and Hispanic run Outfits and coalitions! Some of the bigger ones being run and owned by Cubans that are unionized, I haven't seen any cases/Indicrments like that either where Cubans or dominicans were involved on any infiltration level, Or taking over anything . We all know the LCN is still the biggest player involved even though they have been dramatically weakened .Yes, Drugs are number one, But Cargo theft has literally been taken over by Cubans,Dominicans and other Hispanic groups who usually work together and are highly organized.
I disagree again. Those people hate each other. There's no jew/guinea syndicate equivalent on their end. Cubans hate everybody. Ricans hate cubans and dominicans. Who hate them back. They all thumb their nose at mexicans. Mexicans look down on the central american spanish. And they don't care for cubes, ricans or san domingans..

Unless its junk (millions) I don't see any kind of team player scenarios going on. Not for jacking cargo.

A large number the FBI credits the Cuban mafia as they now call it headquartered out of Florida, Miami in particular and other Cuban ,Dominican and other Hispanics are cited by the FBI and LE as reporting to or being under , Belonging
To , Or under the influence of the Cuban mafia.
No shit? I'd like to see the paperwork on that.
There is also very high level sophisticated frauds ,Scams and crimes in the health/Medical Medicaid Medicare insurance in the hundreds of millions, Some say billions of dollars being carried out by the So called Cuban Mafia which they say is comprised of former members of the Corporation and other groups of that era being labeled as on big organization today. By no means do they rival the LCN in terms of Diversification of Crime/Rackets, Structure size and strength and influence even in the LCN weakened state today, In certain fields/Rackets they do, Supposedly make the American LCN look look like small fries but only in the rackets and crimes I mentioned in last post
Sounds hokey to me. East side Eurotrash gets most of the press around insurance scams. I've never seen anything in print stating cubans dominate that racket. Cubans launder money, move drugs, operate bolita, pimp out girls, contract muscle, the phone cards, stolen cars, bars, smuggling booze to the U.S. When I was a kid they used to push fake birth certificate racket where a guy from mexiço gets a state id because the birth certificate stated he was born in P.R. and them guys are automatic citizens. Is there some kind of senate committee report talking about this?
I'm just going off articles and info I read over the last 30-40 years from different publications and the FBI and other LE groups pretty much up until 2017 regarding a few of these rackets, Crimes,Scams etc. IMO I have no clue if they exist or not, What they're size is, Big, Small ? I also see Bolita pamphlets and brochures in Hispanic neighborhoods all the time ,Yellow,Pink, White colored
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

On the subject of numbers, if you look at the NY LCN cases, there were about 2 busts a year involving the numbers racket from 2000 to 2009. There was a single numbers bust in 2010 and another in 2011. But none since then.

Elsewhere the mob numbers racket is nearly non-existent. There were a few busts here and there in the early 2000s but none since then.

It seems to becoming a passe racket for the mob.
All roads lead to New York.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:51 pm On the subject of numbers, if you look at the NY LCN cases, there were about 2 busts a year involving the numbers racket from 2000 to 2009. There was a single numbers bust in 2010 and another in 2011. But none since then.

Elsewhere the mob numbers racket is nearly non-existent. There were a few busts here and there in the early 2000s but none since then.

It seems to becoming a passe racket for the mob.
HELLO to the Wiseguy.

Prostitution busts involving the goodfellas, ruskies, chinamen, and the Spanish are down too. A similar pattern occurred in '74 in NYC. On the heels of the Napp comission, the numbers was wide open. The daily and the drugs. There's a reason why today a bodega has the balls to leave a sheet right next to the fucking newsaper or taped to a cashier box. It was going down then and then some. Large placards were placed on windows next to the one that read the prices of milk and the bulletproof rice that were right next to a poster for a dance at the Manhattan center. There musthave been thousands of operations going on. It could be old fashioned and a grind for the new guys. They rather buy and sell keys or hack into a credit card company and make 800K-million in a few months. But I can't believe the old school would just let it all go to molattoes and the mooks. I'm thinking a gu y like Ralphie lombardo has to have some kids going around collwcting the play or is laying off to the punjabis. There's too many people who play it who are desperate and think its the only play they can make, and will always have a buck ready to give it to whoever. No matter who runs it. Its the poor mans publishers clearing house.The last big bust that got posted in the old message board was some dominican illegals. And that was around the 9/11 massacre. I think i recall hearing (you know some of that fresh news off the street chatter everyone magically has access to?) there are TWO or 4 bonannos running numbers in yonkers. It's one of the easiest rackets to set up with an already built in clientele. Like I mentioned in the others post some chinese were paying off in spanish businesses in queens. they know whrte the money is and so do the connected guys. If somebody needs to earn the numbers is a sure thing. Especially now since the cops seem to view it as a minor infraction and part of city culture. Everybody knows where the illegal sex clubs are. Especially the nypd (and yours truly). But they go on week in and week out. No interruptions. when it comes to the daily the only thing you got to worry about are the goons or stick up crews. Like the drug game, robbery and sometimes kidnapping is a part of the cost of making a successful run at that biz..

JIGGS
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

I don’t know guys. There’s probably no indictments because this racket is probably just about dead and not just for LCN. The government killed it.

I see bums, minorities and drunks buying pick 3’s, pick 4’s and scratchers all the time. The payouts for these also aren’t enough usually to have to worry about paying taxes anyway. This shit is everywhere legally! And they can do it legally when they pick up their Steele Reserves too
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:41 pm I don’t know guys. There’s probably no indictments because this racket is probably just about dead and not just for LCN. The government killed it.

I see bums, minorities and drunks buying pick 3’s, pick 4’s and scratchers all the time. The payouts for these also aren’t enough usually to have to worry about paying taxes anyway. This shit is everywhere legally! And they can do it legally when they pick up their Steele Reserves too

HELLO!

Your right. But it's the odds that make the daily attractive. You play a number long enough it will hit in this lofetime before you hit the MEGA MILLIONS.

JIGGS
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Traditional numbers was one of the strongest business for many decades throughout all five boroughs, NJ, etc. the advent of the legal number destroyed that business.
- it died a slow death. But it’s dead!!!
-
And although it seems like a simple business, actually it’s quite complex, and requires a lot of bookkeeping and infrastructure to be successful long term.
-
I don’t know ANYBODY who takes numbers anymore! I know bookmakers who “accommodate” their customers who will accept numbers if a customer wants to play, but even those few operate on a very small scale. Without their sports book, they’d never survive on the volume of numbers alone.
-
Another big big factor is that in the suburbs there are - zero - numbers players. It was always more of an inner city thing and run strong so long as Italians and Jews either lived in or at least dominated our original neighborhoods where we knew the tempo of things.
-
These areas today, with their multi-ethnic populations, don’t lend themselves to the racket. Chinese, Spanish, Mexican, blacks, Indian, Korean, Guatemalan, Etc Etc.,
-
We don’t know them, and they don’t know us! We don’t associate with them at all! Every ethnicity stays with their own and have their own customs, language and culture. It a different world!
-
Even cigarettes which are so costly today that you’d think the mob would jump on bootlegging them is nada! You have a few Italian connected guys moving em, but small time shit! Nothing compared to the truckloads brought into the city daily in the 1960’s-1970’s, why?
-
It’s because the “infrastructure” to sell and distribute them is not there anymore!
-
Italians DON’T run candy stores and groceries like the old days and don’t hang around areas anymore where they knew everyone to dump them!
-
Indians and Chinese off the boat don’t know us or give a fuck for us! Nor we them!!
-
Same as policy and many other street rackets!
-
Italians, Jews, Irish, German, Greek, Polish, English...... or English speaking, white, Europeans, although of different countries grew up together in the city. Went to school together and hung, dated, fought, and lived together. So THAT was/is our “sales market” so to speak understand guys?
-
Most of those people live in suburbia today, and are not accessible like in the old tightly stacked and populated city areas.
-
Whites are in the minority today in the five boroughs I’m sorry to say! And the whites that do live there for the most part are either in upscale areas that don’t lend themselves to these rackets (Manhattan upper east and west sides) or outer neighborhoods where they are not generally simpatico with their “foreign” neighbors!
-
And as another poster mentioned above, their is bigger and greater profit in other legit businesses and rackets.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Well in nyc the illegal lottery is LIVE. Ask nypd if the daily is dead.

JIGGS
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

The government took over the numbers game, saying it was to fight crime , keep gambling under control, and raise money for the people. They made it a hundred times worse. It used to be one game, a 3 digit daily number under numbers runners. The city and state added 4 digit games a 5 digit twice weekly lottery, lotto, powerball, mega millions, and pick 10. Then there are 20-30 scratch off games in stores. In the areas where lotteries are played the most, you see the most poverty. Plus, if a person hits a number for over certain amount, I believe 600 dollars, they have to be taxed.

I can't leave this out. Under numbers runners, the payout was usually 500-1. The odds were 1000-1. The state took over, and made the payout 300-1. Now, with taxes on the daily number, the players odds are reduced if they hit for 500 dollars. People WOULD RATHER BET with a numbers runner, but can't because it's illegal.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Exactly! The legal lottery saturated the market! Even in immigrant and low Income communities, every store has the legal lottery. Its everywhere!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

As I've said before, I suspect that a big part of its a generational thing. People have grown up with the legal state lotto and the older generation who played the numbers when it was bigger are dying off.

Anyway, whatever the state of the numbers racket in New York, there has been a clear drop off in cases involving the LCN over the past decade. Meanwhile, we have continued to see cases involving sports betting and, to a lesser extent, video poker and card games.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Uncle Pete wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am Exactly! The legal lottery saturated the market! Even in immigrant and low Income communities, every store has the legal lottery. Its everywhere!
The legal lottery was a way to tax low income people and working class people, with a smaller percentage of middle class people playing. It's a tax on the poor who are under the taxable income, , and an extra tax on working people.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am Well in nyc the illegal lottery is LIVE. Ask nypd if the daily is dead.

JIGGS
Jiggs, do you know what the pay off on the Bolita numbers game was?
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

bert wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 am
JIGGS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am Well in nyc the illegal lottery is LIVE. Ask nypd if the daily is dead.

JIGGS
Jiggs, do you know what the pay off on the Bolita numbers game was?
It depends on the game (who operated it). The small indies grandma moses types are pretty basic 500 to 1. Like lotto. Again, the difference is that you hit more than playing lotto. The one constant with the harlem & queens action (spanish) in nyc is that the payout was always more than the state lottery. Even though the state offers more dough. The chances of hitting is next to fucking zero. With the daily you could get paid off 600 to 1. Games like the ones ray marquez ran were paying off as high as 700. He was allowed to operate in this fashion by the mob without any hassle. Which is pretty amazing since it impacts a game they protect since both are based in ny. The cu-bagees (cubans or cuban corporation guys) are the ones who took him to task and started firebombing different locations.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

bert wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:27 am
Uncle Pete wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am Exactly! The legal lottery saturated the market! Even in immigrant and low Income communities, every store has the legal lottery. Its everywhere!
The legal lottery was a way to tax low income people and working class people, with a smaller percentage of middle class people playing. It's a tax on the poor who are under the taxable income, , and an extra tax on working people.
Fucking A well told brother. Fucking A!

It's the little guy who gets it square right in the asshole. Straight rip!

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Here's an article from 4 years ago focusing on a husband and wife team who operated the Bolita. Both of them supposedly answer to a higher power.
"Louis is employed by what he calls “the big guys” or “the big people.” “They” call to give him the winning numbers, “they” rake in millions of dollars, “they” have the money handy when somebody miraculously wins big. And it’s “they” who operate about 200 such gambling dens in the city. Louis speaks of “them” with great respect and even a hint of fear. When I ask him about those “big people,” he tells me in a conspiratorial voice, “It’s the Italian Mafia. They’re all Italians.”

Bolita is Spanish for “little ball.” There was a major bolita bust in New York in 2004, when the former “big people,” all of them Hispanic, were indicted and the organization was dismantled. According to Louis, this is when the Mob stepped in. "
Here is the www article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/bolita-wh ... -the-mafia