Bounty on Merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Bounty on Merlino

Post by Rocco »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:04 am
Rocco wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:08 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm What about Scarfo’s son, you don’t think he would of been glad to throw some money around for that especially during that during that time ?
I don't think he had the money to pay it out. Plus he was pushed out of Philly and living in NJ under protection of the Lucchese family. And to make things worse for Scarfo Jr. Joe Perna became close to Merlino. Once Scarfo Jr was bumped down to Soldier it was over for him. That's why he tried moving to FL after he got bumped down.
Scarfo Jr an earner, I wouldn't think he would have had a problem coming up with 500k imo
Jr was dead broke during his last trial where he supposedly made millions. Couldn't pay his attorney. He really wasn't as flush with cash as you would think. He was in and out of jail most of the time. everytime he got pinched they seized everything. He was also the odd man out in the Jersey Crew. And his new Capo(Perna) son was good buddies with Merlino. Its why he was seeking to flee to FL as soon as he got bumped down to soldier.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Rocco wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:24 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:04 am
Rocco wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:08 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm What about Scarfo’s son, you don’t think he would of been glad to throw some money around for that especially during that during that time ?
I don't think he had the money to pay it out. Plus he was pushed out of Philly and living in NJ under protection of the Lucchese family. And to make things worse for Scarfo Jr. Joe Perna became close to Merlino. Once Scarfo Jr was bumped down to Soldier it was over for him. That's why he tried moving to FL after he got bumped down.
Scarfo Jr an earner, I wouldn't think he would have had a problem coming up with 500k imo
Jr was dead broke during his last trial where he supposedly made millions. Couldn't pay his attorney. He really wasn't as flush with cash as you would think. He was in and out of jail most of the time. everytime he got pinched they seized everything. He was also the odd man out in the Jersey Crew. And his new Capo(Perna) son was good buddies with Merlino. Its why he was seeking to flee to FL as soon as he got bumped down to soldier.
A lot of those guys play the "I'm poor" act at trial. We have seen it time and time again. I am sure the seizures hurt, but I have a hard time believing he couldnt come up with 500
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I also have a hard time believing that Scarfo didn't leave a lot more money behind than people thought when he went away. Now its money for his wife and for Mark etc. and I may be wrong because its only a gut feeling ,but I've always wondered about the truth about the money phil took and its absence in his book. Too convenient for jr. to cry poor to everyone after Phil ratted when they were trying to keep the money flow coming from the people still paying them. According to Phil, he handed Scarfo three million after he got back from Texas.....he wouldn't have had it all in his safe. I suspect there was enough around to make a move if someone could get to Joey. And as someone else mentioned, the top spot was easily worth 500K.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I’m sure he buried millions.... what good is it now! He’s dead after doing life! Jr is doing 30 which essentially IS life! The younger kid hunt himself. Phil ratted and ran away!..... decimated his brood! All for what?
-
So he could put the cash in the box with him?
-
What a waste!
z23
Honorary Member

Post by z23 »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am I also have a hard time believing that Scarfo didn't leave a lot more money behind than people thought when he went away. Now its money for his wife and for Mark etc. and I may be wrong because its only a gut feeling ,but I've always wondered about the truth about the money phil took and its absence in his book. Too convenient for jr. to cry poor to everyone after Phil ratted when they were trying to keep the money flow coming from the people still paying them. According to Phil, he handed Scarfo three million after he got back from Texas.....he wouldn't have had it all in his safe. I suspect there was enough around to make a move if someone could get to Joey. And as someone else mentioned, the top spot was easily worth 500K.
With that kind of money couldn't it be someplace offshore or in a bank in Europe under the name of some corporation or something? Maybe the kid knows and has a trusted family member (immediate family) as power of attorney who is in control of it and acts on his behest? He wouldn't need to have any connection to or with it as long as he has someone still alive that he can trust and hopefully they don't die before he does. Just an idea.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Confederate wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 pm
Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 pm You don’t think he would of paid? That in itself would of made him loose all respect on the street

:lol: No, is the answer and it's spelled "lose" not "loose".
Yes, that’s correct lose. thanks for correcting my reply Mr. Belding.
Note to everyone better Proofread and watch your spelling and punctuation or George Feeny will call you out. :shock: