Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Someone suggested it, I think B., Calderones book.

On page 69, there is an interesting passage, I think it relevant to the Violis at a Bonnano ceremony.....

" In emergencies, inductions would take place more quickly. The pressence of at least three men of honor was enough, even if they belonged to different families or even families from different provinces."

What do you guys think of that? Does it change anyone's perspective on why they were there (?), the Violis I mean....
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Someone suggested it, I think B., Calderones book.

On page 69, there is an interesting passage, I think it relevant to the Violis at a Bonnano ceremony.....

" In emergencies, inductions would take place more quickly. The pressence of at least three men of honor was enough, even if they belonged to different families or even families from different provinces."

What do you guys think of that? Does it change anyone's perspective on why they were there (?), the Violis I mean....
Interesting.

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:53 am " In emergencies, inductions would take place more quickly. The pressence of at least three men of honor was enough, even if they belonged to different families or even families from different provinces."
it reminds me when the corleonesi made santo mazzei from catania in order to fight the santapaola family, he was made by leoluca bagarella and giovanni brusca
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's entirely possible as we've seen. Why is it even debatable? Buffalo members at a Bonanno ceremony, factually documented. It probably happened before and might not even be very rare.
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm ^^^^
‘Kind and gentle man’ sent to prison for shooting mobster father-in-law
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... n-law.html

Son-in-law gets 10 years for killing mobster father-in-law
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/son-i ... er-in-law/

Man who shot mobster father-in-law to death gets 10-year sentence
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4811065
Ontario Superior Court of Justice reasons for sentencing of Domenico Scopelliti last September:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2 ... c4826.html

PDF of the above document will be found in my Evernote note to which I've linked below.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... beeb63844b
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: The 'Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:55 pm ^^^^
Toronto Mafia boss, colleague given extra long prison terms while shadowy organization gets special scrutiny

http://nationalpost.com/wcm/ed4e82d7-94 ... c17a11a795
Ontario Superior Court of Justice reasons for sentencing of Giuseppe Ursino and Cosmino Dracea this past February:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2 ... c1171.html

PDF of the above document will be found in my Evernote note to which I've linked below.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... 5116a3dab1
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:15 pm
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 pm
B. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 pm Has anyone already discussed Marc Panepinto serving as NY State Senator from 2014 to 2016? He is an in-law of boss Joe Todaro Jr. and the son of deceased consigliere Donald Panepinto. Not suggesting there was any deep mafia infiltration of state politics, but his record shows that he was prone to corruption and he is related to two Buffalo mafia administration members.

I'm not necessarily a believer in the "resurgence" theory, as we don't have enough to know whether the recent Canadian inductions were an anomaly or what their history of inductions is in recent decades, but it's interesting that this alleged "2014 resurgence" coincides with the boss's in-law becoming an NYS senator.
another guy whos family had mob connections
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/utica/20 ... i_mob.html
The Buffalo FBI office is apparently bureaucratically corrupt to the point that agent assignments are based on ease and comfort, but high-level politicians with direct relations to Buffalo mafia members are upstanding and reputable, and would never do anything to help their relatives in the mob.
This kinda reminds me of the Cleveland political corruption scandal in 2008, all these politicians and family members / associates with mafia connections in ranking government positions . But hey folks nothing to see here just business as usual . Steering a few deals to friends can generate millions in legal revenue
Nobody pays attention to the small contracts . You can get awarded millions in work and nobody will even notice !!
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:12 am
B. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:15 pm
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 pm
B. wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 pm Has anyone already discussed Marc Panepinto serving as NY State Senator from 2014 to 2016? He is an in-law of boss Joe Todaro Jr. and the son of deceased consigliere Donald Panepinto. Not suggesting there was any deep mafia infiltration of state politics, but his record shows that he was prone to corruption and he is related to two Buffalo mafia administration members.

I'm not necessarily a believer in the "resurgence" theory, as we don't have enough to know whether the recent Canadian inductions were an anomaly or what their history of inductions is in recent decades, but it's interesting that this alleged "2014 resurgence" coincides with the boss's in-law becoming an NYS senator.
another guy whos family had mob connections
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/utica/20 ... i_mob.html
The Buffalo FBI office is apparently bureaucratically corrupt to the point that agent assignments are based on ease and comfort, but high-level politicians with direct relations to Buffalo mafia members are upstanding and reputable, and would never do anything to help their relatives in the mob.
This kinda reminds me of the Cleveland political corruption scandal in 2008, all these politicians and family members / associates with mafia connections in ranking government positions . But hey folks nothing to see here just business as usual . Steering a few deals to friends can generate millions in legal revenue
Nobody pays attention to the small contracts . You can get awarded millions in work and nobody will even notice !!
You can add this to what I wrote about the things that make me go MMM? about Marc Panepinto:

According to a local article, Marc fought the takeover of Local 210 and appealed the union's decision to expel his father Donald who was likely serving as the Todaro family consigliere at the time.

The Buffalo News
“Laborers Hall for Local 210 Put up for Sale”
October 29, 1998
by Fred Williams and Kevin Purdy

Here is the relevant section:
“Without the hall, members will have no place to meet and democratic control of the union will be hampered, said Marc Panepinto, a Local 210 member who has been active in opposing the trusteeship.

Regular member meetings have been suspended since the International supervision began.

Stachowski and Panepinto said they plan to file a lawsuit challenging the trusteeship in federal court, charging that an 18-month time limit has expired.

Panepinto, an attorney, is also helping his father, Donald Panepinto, appeal a union ruling that expelled the elder Panepinto from the Laborers for associating with crime figures.

The pension fund is asking $289,000 for the building, built in 1964 for an original cost of $225,000, according to real estate sources.”

Here is the link: https://buffalonews.com/1998/10/29/labo ... -for-sale/
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone, especially AntiMafia (who I believe first referenced the Wolfpack): Crazy question for all of you, but, since I have read about the existence of the Wolfpack in Canada on this thread, I am wondering: is it possible the Wolfpack has been behind all the hits on both sides of the Montreal war over the last several years, in an attempt to pit one side against the other to sow distrust and confusion, have them kill each other, and take over after both sides are weakened? One of the articles referenced about the Wolfpack claims to have "mafiosi" in their ranks (can't remember which one). Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I'm not sure exactly when the Wolfpack alliance was formed......

To be honest, I'm not that clear on their exact relationship with the Montrealers...
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

The way I understand it, and what makes sense to me, is that the Wolfpack was formed with the backing of the Rizzuto group in a way to regain their influence in Ontario and divert the conflict away from Montreal. It's a similar strategy the Bonannos and some Calabrian elements used to weaken the Rizzuto organization by backing groups who wanted to make a powerplay against them. Now the old Rizzuto group is doing the same by creating chaos in Ontario and it seems particulary directed at the Commissos, who Vito wanted dead. By forcing the Commissos into a conflict in their own backyard, they have to put their resources into defending their own turf instead of trying to nip away territory from the Rizzutos. It also sends the message that they need to stop trying to stirr up things in Montreal by paying them back with their own game. Everything pinpoints towards the Wolfpack having ties to the old Rizzuto group. Vito's old group can't directly hit the Commissos so this seems to be their method of revenge. The Wolfpack may be a sort of olive branch or satellite group.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

I also believe that they’re going after some of the Calabrians in Montreal because the Calabrians had fucked a lot of people over for years, and the Wolfpack is getting their payback.

What’s interesting is the Wolfpack is like a loose confederation of gangsters across different bloodlines and ethnic backgrounds, whereas the Ndrangheta is like a quasi-religious cult with strict rules and processes. So it’s like a war of styles and organization types.

I bet the Ndrangheta wanted more control in Montreal, with the Bonannos blessing of course, but I bet the Rizzutos offered the other non-Italians a seat at the table and a greater slice of the pie. And there’s no way the Bonannos or Calabrians would treat non-Italians at the same level. So the Wolfpack and Haitians and bikers have no incentive to not back the Rizzutos.

But I also would guess the violence like the Scoppa shooting in a hotel lobby was done by one of these fairly undisciplined groups. Rizzutos probably farmed out the hit.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

stubbs wrote:I also believe that they’re going after some of the Calabrians in Montreal because the Calabrians had fucked a lot of people over for years, and the Wolfpack is getting their payback.

What’s interesting is the Wolfpack is like a loose confederation of gangsters across different bloodlines and ethnic backgrounds, whereas the Ndrangheta is like a quasi-religious cult with strict rules and processes. So it’s like a war of styles and organization types.

I bet the Ndrangheta wanted more control in Montreal, with the Bonannos blessing of course, but I bet the Rizzutos offered the other non-Italians a seat at the table and a greater slice of the pie. And there’s no way the Bonannos or Calabrians would treat non-Italians at the same level. So the Wolfpack and Haitians and bikers have no incentive to not back the Rizzutos.

But I also would guess the violence like the Scoppa shooting in a hotel lobby was done by one of these fairly undisciplined groups. Rizzutos probably farmed out the hit.
You may very well be right.

This war, that has basically been going on almost continuously since 2006, keeps on taking on new forms.

And everyone is fair game for these gangsters while in the Mafia, there is the protocol of talks and politics before anyone gets hit. With this group at their disposal, the Rizzutos can do a lot of damage.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am I also believe that they’re going after some of the Calabrians in Montreal because the Calabrians had fucked a lot of people over for years, and the Wolfpack is getting their payback.

A few things that I'm not sure on....

1. Was the "Wolfpack", as it exist now, doing business with the Commissos, with or without knowledge of the Montreal mafia?

If they were doing business with the Commissos and the Rizzutos knew, even approved, during the same time period they were warring, then that's confusing... right?

2. Was the Commissos debt to the Rizzutos, or to the Wolfpack? It wasnt clear to me.... did the Commissos not pay as a fuck you to the Rizzutos, or was it a fuck you to the Gangbanger/ Bikers?

3. If the debt was to the Wolfpack, specifically, WHY were the Commissos buying off the Wolfpack? Were their routes compromised? Did this occur around the same time Guiseppe Commisso was jailed in Calabria?

4. The Scoppa hit....

Supposedly the Hells were pissed the hit went down like that. So it wouldnt be a " Wolfpack" hit, would it? Being that the Hells have to be the strongest faction in it right?

Which leads me to.....

5. Wooleys gang syndicate....

Is it still functional? And if so, is it part of the Wolfpack?

I know the Hells, Independent Soldiers, and Red Scorpions are in it... but the other groups are big in BC, whereas Ontario and Quebec are Hells dominant, right?

6. I thought Arcadi was the Montreal Calabrian who hated the gangs. Did the Wolfpack have beef with other Montrealers, either Sicilian or Calabrian?

I got a ton more questions, I'll stop here. Any thoughts?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:06 am
stubbs wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am I also believe that they’re going after some of the Calabrians in Montreal because the Calabrians had fucked a lot of people over for years, and the Wolfpack is getting their payback.

A few things that I'm not sure on....

1. Was the "Wolfpack", as it exist now, doing business with the Commissos, with or without knowledge of the Montreal mafia?

If they were doing business with the Commissos and the Rizzutos knew, even approved, during the same time period they were warring, then that's confusing... right?

2. Was the Commissos debt to the Rizzutos, or to the Wolfpack? It wasnt clear to me.... did the Commissos not pay as a fuck you to the Rizzutos, or was it a fuck you to the Gangbanger/ Bikers?

Edit; I'm thinking of Arcadis attitude towards the gangs, and wondering if the Toronto Calabrians felt the same..

3. If the debt was to the Wolfpack, specifically, WHY were the Commissos buying off the Wolfpack? Were their routes compromised? Did this occur around the same time Guiseppe Commisso was jailed in Calabria?

4. The Scoppa hit....

Supposedly the Hells were pissed the hit went down like that. So it wouldnt be a " Wolfpack" hit, would it? Being that the Hells have to be the strongest faction in it right?

Which leads me to.....

5. Wooleys gang syndicate....

Is it still functional? And if so, is it part of the Wolfpack?

I know the Hells, Independent Soldiers, and Red Scorpions are in it... but the other groups are big in BC, whereas Ontario and Quebec are Hells dominant, right?

6. I thought Arcadi was the Montreal Calabrian who hated the gangs. Did the Wolfpack have beef with other Montrealers, either Sicilian or Calabrian?

I got a ton more questions, I'll stop here. Any thoughts?