More Magaddino family info 1960s (including Rochester)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: More Magaddino family info 1960s (including Rochester)

Post by JCB1977 »

Interesting tidbit on Frank Valenti and his connection to the Corbi brothers.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... nk%20Corbi
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm Interesting tidbit on Frank Valenti and his connection to the Corbi brothers.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... nk%20Corbi
I gotta tell u JC that this Valenti seems to have gotten around real good in his day. Seems like he was a piece of work too! A ballsy guy
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Looking into a possible Rochester connection of Nicola Gentile. When he was arrested in (I think) 1937 in the narcotics case that eventually led to his return to Italy, two address books in his possession were seized. One listed almost exclusively high ranking Mafiosi from all over the country, but the second listed a lot of persons from the Rochester area. Some were of notorious figures such as Patsy Amico, Vito Piccaretto and Alfio Boscarino, but many others were of obscure figures not very commonly known. Many of these figures were arrested for illigal alcohol stills, both during and after prohibition.

In his memoirs, Gentile does mentions his stays in New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Francisco, etc., but he does not mention ever being in Rochester. The seized address book however, suggests otherwise, and due to the fact many of these the listed persons figured in bootlegging, could it be Gentile himself was connected to a network of stills in Rochester?
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Of interest might be that the 1940 Valanti still case was in the same timeframe as several of the stills seized in which persons listed in the Gentile address book were arrested, although none of those in Valenti case are listed the book.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

lennert wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 am Of interest might be that the 1940 Valanti still case was in the same timeframe as several of the stills seized in which persons listed in the Gentile address book were arrested, although none of those in Valenti case are listed the book.
Valenti seems to have very familiar with many varied crews in different states and to have interacted seamlessly with them over many years
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Maxie, I meant the other Valenti family here, who are discussed in the Buffalo/Ontario topic.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Some articles about still seizures, involving persons named in Gentile's address book...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Some more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

More...
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

And the last one...
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

lennert wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 pm Maxie, I meant the other Valenti family here, who are discussed in the Buffalo/Ontario topic.
Lol.... sorry!.... I must have had a senior moment!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

lennert wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am Looking into a possible Rochester connection of Nicola Gentile. When he was arrested in (I think) 1937 in the narcotics case that eventually led to his return to Italy, two address books in his possession were seized. One listed almost exclusively high ranking Mafiosi from all over the country, but the second listed a lot of persons from the Rochester area. Some were of notorious figures such as Patsy Amico, Vito Piccaretto and Alfio Boscarino, but many others were of obscure figures not very commonly known. Many of these figures were arrested for illigal alcohol stills, both during and after prohibition.

In his memoirs, Gentile does mentions his stays in New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Francisco, etc., but he does not mention ever being in Rochester. The seized address book however, suggests otherwise, and due to the fact many of these the listed persons figured in bootlegging, could it be Gentile himself was connected to a network of stills in Rochester?
Those Gentile Rochester connections are very interesting. Given how relatively short his memoirs are, and that they are more a summary of main events, there is no doubt a lot of detail left out especially given how extensive his connections and travels were over the decades. For example, he barely touches on his travel to Montreal (where he was accompanied by a man from Ribera), so for all we know he touched base with an early mafia element there as well. You may not have seen the thread, but antimafia and I determined that suspected Vancouver, BC, Canada mafioso Giuseppe Gentile was Nick Gentile's nephew.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

B., do you have a link to that thread? I missed it too. BTW, good to see you back posting.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Yes, I saw about the Gentile connection in Vancouver. Very interesting stuff. If I remember correctly, the leader before Joe Gentile was one Giuseppe Celona.

Indeed good to see you’re posting again! Always enjoy your very informative posts!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk