Maxie's Lucchese Profiles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Manhattan_
Straightened out

Re: Maxie's Lucchese Profiles

Post by Manhattan_ »

IPN 80 N.Moore street parking garage is the spot that Tony Mirra was shot to death .
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:25 am
newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:28 pm JOSEPH (JOE BECK) DI PALERMO - born 1907. Alias: “Joe Becky”, “Joe Palmer”. Born, raised and operated all his life from his base in the “Little Italy” section of Manhattan. (246 Elizabeth Street). He later moved to the “4th ward”, to the “Monroe Houses” (80 North Moore St).... a mob stronghold.
Awesome stuff on Joe Beck. Love all these profiles you’ve been doing. The DiPalermo brothers were prolific. Did any of them have kids that got involved with LCN?

Just a minor correction. You’re right that he moved to 80 North Moore Street, but that’s Independence Plaza North, not Monroe Houses. IPN is in what is now Tribeca. 4th Ward is not too far technically, but its on the opposite side of town (lower east side...monroe, cherry, south street, etc...).

IPN was a huge state subsidized / affordable housing development. Income based. A lot of WTC workers lived there. Joe Beck (and a bunch of other LCN guys) weaseled his way in there and flaunted the fact that he exceeded the income limit to the point that state comptroller / AG office investigated the development for application fraud. I think Joe Beck may have gotten into a little trouble over it but im not 100% sure

-
I always thought that North Moore St., was across from the Post Newspaper? Wasn’t that just like around the other side of the houses, the next block or so from Monroe Street? Cause I know as a kid we used to refer to the huge housing project where Lefty Ruggiero, Tony Mirra, etc., and so many guys lived as the “Monroe Houses”?, being that it was on Monroe Street ya know. That might not have been its official name, but I know a lot of the area guys referred to it as that...... wherever else Joe Beck may have lived besides Elizabeth St, I always thought (took for granted) that he had an apt at those projects off Monroe Street also because I used to see him there so much! ..... always coming in and out of the elevator! I could be wrong though as far as what the official name was!

you’re thinking of Knickerbocker Village, which is a massive complex on monroe, cherry, catherine and market. thats the 4th ward. wouldnt be surprising if joe beck was there a lot, it was a huge lcn stronghold...but he lived across town in IPN, which was a similar (but newer) type of development. Knickerbocker Village had guys from just about every family there, definitely all those Bonannos you mentioned. for the Luccheses the Tortorello brothers lived there and so did Al D’Arco’s son. theres a Genovese social club operating there still to this day...although it may be different now that Pete DiChiara died, but it is/was probably the only “out in the open” club i could think of being ran in modern day Manhattan.

id love for one of the research/history guys to do a little profile on Knickerbocker Village itself. outside of little italy proper it probably had more made guys per capita than anywhere else in the city (manhattan)...all paying below market, government subsidized rents LOL. to this day its still a place people claw their way into, after waiting years. they just did a lottery for their wait list, i think a one bed apartment there goes for around $800’ish now
Lol..... you’re absolutely right! Knickerbocker Village!..... I had s lot of friend there. And yes, it was like old home week. Seemed like EVERYBODY lived there lol....Torty was there, etc., like u say. It must be gone now, but beside Petey Red, Joe Lapi... “Joe Beck” had a social club on Monroe street for decades. Big Genovese hangout
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 am
newera_212 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:25 am
maxiestern11 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:28 pm JOSEPH (JOE BECK) DI PALERMO - born 1907. Alias: “Joe Becky”, “Joe Palmer”. Born, raised and operated all his life from his base in the “Little Italy” section of Manhattan. (246 Elizabeth Street). He later moved to the “4th ward”, to the “Monroe Houses” (80 North Moore St).... a mob stronghold.
Awesome stuff on Joe Beck. Love all these profiles you’ve been doing. The DiPalermo brothers were prolific. Did any of them have kids that got involved with LCN?

Just a minor correction. You’re right that he moved to 80 North Moore Street, but that’s Independence Plaza North, not Monroe Houses. IPN is in what is now Tribeca. 4th Ward is not too far technically, but its on the opposite side of town (lower east side...monroe, cherry, south street, etc...).

IPN was a huge state subsidized / affordable housing development. Income based. A lot of WTC workers lived there. Joe Beck (and a bunch of other LCN guys) weaseled his way in there and flaunted the fact that he exceeded the income limit to the point that state comptroller / AG office investigated the development for application fraud. I think Joe Beck may have gotten into a little trouble over it but im not 100% sure

-
I always thought that North Moore St., was across from the Post Newspaper? Wasn’t that just like around the other side of the houses, the next block or so from Monroe Street? Cause I know as a kid we used to refer to the huge housing project where Lefty Ruggiero, Tony Mirra, etc., and so many guys lived as the “Monroe Houses”?, being that it was on Monroe Street ya know. That might not have been its official name, but I know a lot of the area guys referred to it as that...... wherever else Joe Beck may have lived besides Elizabeth St, I always thought (took for granted) that he had an apt at those projects off Monroe Street also because I used to see him there so much! ..... always coming in and out of the elevator! I could be wrong though as far as what the official name was!

you’re thinking of Knickerbocker Village, which is a massive complex on monroe, cherry, catherine and market. thats the 4th ward. wouldnt be surprising if joe beck was there a lot, it was a huge lcn stronghold...but he lived across town in IPN, which was a similar (but newer) type of development. Knickerbocker Village had guys from just about every family there, definitely all those Bonannos you mentioned. for the Luccheses the Tortorello brothers lived there and so did Al D’Arco’s son. theres a Genovese social club operating there still to this day...although it may be different now that Pete DiChiara died, but it is/was probably the only “out in the open” club i could think of being ran in modern day Manhattan.

id love for one of the research/history guys to do a little profile on Knickerbocker Village itself. outside of little italy proper it probably had more made guys per capita than anywhere else in the city (manhattan)...all paying below market, government subsidized rents LOL. to this day its still a place people claw their way into, after waiting years. they just did a lottery for their wait list, i think a one bed apartment there goes for around $800’ish now
Lol..... you’re absolutely right! Knickerbocker Village!..... I had s lot of friend there. And yes, it was like old home week. Seemed like EVERYBODY lived there lol....Torty was there, etc., like u say. It must be gone now, but beside Petey Red, Joe Lapi... “Joe Beck” had a social club on Monroe street for decades. Big Genovese hangout
And you jogged my memory mentioning D’Arco. Al had a store on Catherine St. called Hitco, it was sundry goods store. Sold toasters, a/c units, microwaves, clothes, etc.... just about anything you could think of. If you think about the name Hitco (hijack truck co).... Lol ..... it was all swag stuff from hijackings and burglaries. He had it a few years
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Here's a story on the history Knickerbocker Village and what it was like in the old days for residents.

https://www.6sqft.com/the-lower-east-si ... clearance/
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 pm
bert wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:41 pm

-

Charlie DiPalermo had a son who was killed in a stick up attempt in the 1950's. He had 2 future mob guys with him, I think Ralph Cuomo was one. The DiPalermo's never had any good money till they were older, then Charlie Beck and Peter started making some good money in the late 1970's. Joe Beck may have actually been within the income limits, he was close to broke most of his life.

Oh shit...thats right. The other mob guy besides Cuomo on that stick up was Joe Benanti, who was with the bonannos and i guess a right hand man to Spero.

Also on paper, taxable income, id assume most of these guys would pass muster on income limits for housing or any other subsidy. They show/report as much or little as they want.

Maxie: i love reading about this old corona / western queens faction. Im from close by and have in laws in corona still. Would have loved to have seen Corona, Jackson Heights, etc...in the 50s and 60s.

Any chance of a Migliore profile? He was from that crew AFAIK.
Newera, Joe Brown was for you ok! The top Corona guy for 40+ years
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm I have it right, but you keep saying you knew goodfellas, wiseguys, and all else, yet get their profiles wrong. Look, all I did was disagree, you see the Becks as millionaires in the 1950's, I disagree. You call the guys on the stick up kids, Dipalermo was close 24 when he was killed on the stick up, you say he was a teen or just out of being a teen.
You didn't know about Charlie Becks arrests for small burglaries. I just brung them up, you went crazy. You're typing in caps, using exclamation points, and saying you knew mafia member who hung out or knew them. Whatever.

You had Phil Tartaglia getting busted for drugs in an earlier profile when he was never even arrested once for drugs, or even tied to drugs. Since you say you hung out with him in Vegas, I guess his arrest records and FBI reports on him are wrong, and you are right.

I didn't know it was such a sin to occasionally have a comment that disagrees with your profiles. I didn't disagree in an insulting way. I pointe something out, that's all.
Bert, don’t get your panties all in a bunch ok! I
Must tell you that EVERY time you respond to my posts or claim to “quote” what I say, you always twist my words to try and suit your narrative! A good example is about Tartaglia in Vegas. I said he went out there to live with Stu. And also that I knew Philly..... I NEVER said that I personally went out to Vegas with him! UNDERSTAND?
-
And another thing, I said I believe he was tied into a big drug pinch and ducked (went on the lam) during the case I believed! .... I even said I wasn’t sure! I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GOSPEL! .... but to this day, I DO believe LE was tracking him for a drug case after they picked up others. Whether he ever actually got pinched, or thought he better lay low because he was gonna get pinched I don’t know!
-
There are always a lot of ambiguous statements you attribute to me where you change my wording to try to make me look bad, or to make you look like a mob scholar!
-
I don’t get it! Why? ...... you always seem so obsessed with trying to “knock” my shit!
-
If you review nearly 99% of ALL the other forum members who converse with me, you’ll see we all typically get along great and have deep and meaningful dialogue and NEVER argue or knock one another.
-
I’d like to have that with you! You can feel free to ask me things and even question me sometimes! But there is a nice way to do it instead of always having an nasty or cutting “edge” to your responses to me! .... ok?
-
And one more thing ok..... our little “secret”, I’ve grown up with literally hundreds of mob guys, Street guy, wiseguys.... or how ever you’d like to refer to them! ..... and I’ll repeat myself ok.... not a few, not dozens, but hundreds, maybe even more than hundreds! I’ve never kept count! Lol
-
So not to sound like a “know it all”..... and I don’t say it to “win” the discussion either! ...... I just put it out there as food for thought ok!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Manhattan_ wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:14 am IPN 80 N.Moore street parking garage is the spot that Tony Mirra was shot to death .
I believe you are correct Manhattan
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 pm
bert wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm I have it right, but you keep saying you knew goodfellas, wiseguys, and all else, yet get their profiles wrong. Look, all I did was disagree, you see the Becks as millionaires in the 1950's, I disagree. You call the guys on the stick up kids, Dipalermo was close 24 when he was killed on the stick up, you say he was a teen or just out of being a teen.
You didn't know about Charlie Becks arrests for small burglaries. I just brung them up, you went crazy. You're typing in caps, using exclamation points, and saying you knew mafia member who hung out or knew them. Whatever.

You had Phil Tartaglia getting busted for drugs in an earlier profile when he was never even arrested once for drugs, or even tied to drugs. Since you say you hung out with him in Vegas, I guess his arrest records and FBI reports on him are wrong, and you are right.

I didn't know it was such a sin to occasionally have a comment that disagrees with your profiles. I didn't disagree in an insulting way. I pointe something out, that's all.
Must tell you that EVERY time you respond to my posts or claim to “quote” what I say, you always twist my words to try and suit your narrative! A good example is about Tartaglia in Vegas. I said he went out there to live with Stu. And also that I knew Philly..... I NEVER said that I personally went out to Vegas with him! UNDERSTAND?
-
And another thing, I said I believe he was tied into a big drug pinch and ducked (went on the lam) during the case I believed! .... I even said I wasn’t sure! I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GOSPEL! .... but to this day, I DO believe LE was tracking him for a drug case after they picked up others. Whether he ever actually got pinched, or thought he better lay low because he was gonna get pinched I don’t know!
-
There are always a lot of ambiguous statements you attribute to me where you change my wording to try to make me look bad, or to make you look like a mob scholar!
-
I don’t get it! Why? ...... you always seem so obsessed with trying to “knock” my shit!
-
If you review nearly 99% of ALL the other forum members who converse with me, you’ll see we all typically get along great and have deep and meaningful dialogue and NEVER argue or knock one another.
-
I’d like to have that with you! You can feel free to ask me things and even question me sometimes! But there is a nice way to do it instead of always having an nasty or cutting “edge” to your responses to me! .... ok?
-
And one more thing ok..... our little “secret”, I’ve grown up with literally hundreds of mob guys, Street guy, wiseguys.... or how ever you’d like to refer to them! ..... and I’ll repeat myself ok.... not a few, not dozens, but hundreds, maybe even more than hundreds! I’ve never kept count! Lol
-
So not to sound like a “know it all”..... and I don’t say it to “win” the discussion either! ...... I just put it out there as food for thought ok!

BTW: I didn’t “go crazy” as you say! Lol...... I’m not that passionate about it either way, just correcting stuff you say that’s all!
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 pm

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

You took almost 2 days for a response, and you came up with that shit? Look, you do tons of profiles, I commented on 3 or 4, and you get crazy. You had things wrong, I corrected you, but you still say you were right with no proof. First you said your info came form newslinks and periodicals. Then it changed to wiseguys and goodfellas who pass info to you. You over reacted big time, you wrote a lot of profiles, all you want is praise and no one pointing out a mistake or misinformation.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Maxie on Taraglia:

"And another thing, I said I believe he was tied into a big drug pinch and ducked (went on the lam) during the case I believed! .... I even said I wasn’t sure! I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GOSPEL! .... but to this day, I DO believe LE was tracking him for a drug case after they picked up others. Whether he ever actually got pinched, or thought he better lay low because he was gonna get pinched I don’t know! "

Exactly, you don't know. He was on the lam for union case, not drug case. You say you don't know, are not sure, or you think... so what the fuck is your problem with someone helping you get it right?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm Maxie on Taraglia:

"And another thing, I said I believe he was tied into a big drug pinch and ducked (went on the lam) during the case I believed! .... I even said I wasn’t sure! I NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GOSPEL! .... but to this day, I DO believe LE was tracking him for a drug case after they picked up others. Whether he ever actually got pinched, or thought he better lay low because he was gonna get pinched I don’t know! "

Exactly, you don't know. He was on the lam for union case, not drug case. You say you don't know, are not sure, or you think... so what the fuck is your problem with someone helping you get it right?
Lol.... read the Tartaglia profile again Bert: I said “I believe”. And I said I didn’t know if he was arrested or the final disposition. That no info was available!.... THATS WHAT I SAID! 😎🤯
-
Something else I must bring up. After you recently responded to my posts and tried to engage in conversation, several posters commented to me on PM that they thought you said you’d never read or respond to me again because all My stuff is BS. That they feel you are a blowhard and don’t know what you say half the time! (This is NOT my observation but those who PM’d me)
-
You stated that you were done chatting to me or writing on my posts. They brought that out to me in a comical way! How full of baloney you are! And only want to be contrary constantly!
-
I must agree in part with them! ..... let’s agree to disagree ok? I think it’s better that way!
-
I honestly don’t have the patience for this negative bantering all the time. In all the times you’ve ever responded to my stuff, I’d estimate that 99% of the time it’s to argue or disagree or be negative.
-
It’s just silly already! ..... you didn’t even truly respond to my last post to you and address what I’ve asked you! You just gloss over the top and try a pick the one or two things you want to speak to.....
-
Tell you what! If you’d like to continue chatting with me in a nice manner, I invite you to do so! But if your going to be a pain in the ass.... like an annoying mosquito flying around someone’s head that ya just wanna swat, a “knat” buzzing in my ear, please don’t bother ok!
-
Why get yourself all worked up and annoy me at the same time?
-
One more thing I need to ask, I’ve been wondering..... I’m NOT asking for your address or pedigree (I’d never do that), but do you even come from NYC? Or any major city for that matter? If so, I’m curious to know what city, state or country you live in. Because I question your life experience (unrelated to this mob baloney)... Really I’d love to know!
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Yes , Tony Mirra drove his Volvo down the ramp of 80 N.Moore street garage to exit on to Greenwich street , as he inserted his key in the cylinder to raise the garage door with his left hand his cousin opened the pedestrian door adjacent to the Volvo. That was that .
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm Maxie on Taraglia:

Bert, why don’t you try your hand at researching and creating a few profiles and let’s see what you can produce
Ok? ..... I’m sure everyone on the forum (myself included) would all like to see what you’ve got. I’m curious as to your “accuracy” percentage. Would it be 100%, 95%, 50%, 3%...... and how in-depth, relevant and extensive they would be.
-
I suspect if you did, you might have a bit more respect and empathy for what it truly takes to “research”!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

ORLANDO (BOBBY LONDON) DELLA PAOLI - born 1912. aka “Robert Della Paoli”, “Bobby Jordan”. Raised and operated in the Bronx (1155 Cross Avenue) and later (3153 Waterbury Avenue).
—-
FBI # 1082 274, NYPD # 144425.
—-
Suspected member of the Lucchese Family active in the Harlem/Bronx area. Identified by both the FBI and the FBN.

He was listed during the 1983 Senate Hearings as a documented soldier in the Lucchese crew.
—-
Activities: alcohol-tax bootlegging, narcotics, stock-securities thefts.
—-
His criminal record included:
-
asssult and battery
robbery (twice)
alcohol tax violations-conspiracy
operating an alcohol still
narcotics-heroin sales (twice)
—-
Known associates have included:
-
Norman Rothman
-
James Palmisano
-
Michael Monica
-
Joseph (Joe Cago) Valachi
-
Edward (The Wop) D’Argenio
-
Paul (Paulie Ham) Correale
-
Angelo Meli
-
Carmine Margiasso
-
Richard Warme
-
Victor Isaza
-
Robert Bolella

....... most of the above are known or suspected narcotics dealers.
———
He had a previous conviction in 1954 for narcotics trafficking.
———
In 1955, he was among five charged for federal alcohol-tax violations. Basically it was a bootleg case where they manufactured and distributed untaxed liquor to various nightclubs and restaurants.

This racket ran from the late-1940’s into the mid-1950’s when they were caught by federal U.S. Treasury agents.

They were all convicted after trial
———
In 1965, it was brought to the attention of the FBI that over $2,000,000. in stock certificates stolen in NYC were being offered and “peddled” in the Miami, Florida area by Rothman and Palmisano. The FBI alleged that they were in contact with Della Paoli in NYC in regard to this.

The FBI suspected that “Bobby London” was the conduit for “fencing” these securities.
——-
In 1978, after a three week trial, Bobby was convicted with (isaza and Warme and others) of cocaine distribution and heroin and cocaine conspiracy.

Multiple narcotics transactions were said to have taken place at three Bronx locations, one of which was the Andrea Motel (owned by Bobby’s Family).

It was alleged that Della Paoli was the “heroin” connection-supplier for various drug groups.

Bobby London received two years prison and three years “special parole”. All convictions were affirmed in appeal.
——-
“Bobby London” Della Paoli was widely regarded as a respected narcotics trafficker and mob member who was said to have solid connections to mafiosi on the LES, as well as the East Harlem-Bronx areas.
———
He was reported to have died 1993.
—————————————————-——————————————————
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Manhattan_ wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 am Yes , Tony Mirra drove his Volvo down the ramp of 80 N.Moore street garage to exit on to Greenwich street , as he inserted his key in the cylinder to raise the garage door with his left hand his cousin opened the pedestrian door adjacent to the Volvo. That was that .
Nice cousin right? ........... with relatives like those you're better being an orphan! lol

I did read that I believe. and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Richie "Shallackhead" Cantarella waiting in a getaway car down the block or something for cousin Joey D'Amico to shoot Mirra and jump in his car to escape?

what did it all mean in the end? D'Amico and Cantarella became informants, Massino became the biggest informant, Mirra got dead! .....etc etc.

what a bad joke that was!