Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

lennert
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by lennert »

Also an interesting alias used by LaRocca. Was Frank Valenti not suspected in the Pittsburgh murder of racketeer Gus Gianni?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I think Umberto Valente was from Messina connected to the Gambino's Sciaccatani faction. I'm not sure if there's a relation.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

There have been so many Valentis involved in oc, it would be a life task to find out if they were or were not somehow related to each other;-)

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

So I’m lost.

Did I win the discussion?

Buffalos back right?

If I’m reading this correctly, Valenti’s the current boss? That’s what we’re saying?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I think Nickel and B. and JCB went on a historical deep dive....
Some Mutual respect amongst researchers....

The contemporary stuff got sidelined, I was just waiting on Manning to weigh in.......

To me, The real question isnt really whether there is or isnt a Buffalo family still.

The REAL question, imo, is WHY NOW? ( By now, I mean then, 2015-17)

Why was Todaro looking to rebuild, THEN, in 2014, and not at any time prior?

What was the catalyst?
( Rizzuto dies in 2013.... what else though?)

What exactly made the reconstitution and reorganization of the family neccessary?

What racket, what law got passed, what opportunities to make money opened up?

What is the value of being a Buffalo member, to the extent that it would be ANY QUESTION between joining the Bonnanos or Buffalo?

What is the family's business interest?

Are they looking to regain the Gambling the Musitanos took?

It's like, what was the ACTUAL point?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Another critical question is, what did Violi mean when he said, " Everyone gets along now in Montreal"...

What does that statement mean?

Have the factions have reconsolidated into one? (Or are they two distinct cells, but no longer hostile towards each other? )

Under whose leadership? And is this leadership in opposition to, neutral, or back under the Bonnano flag?

God we need a rat, lol...
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

lennert wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 am Also an interesting alias used by LaRocca. Was Frank Valenti not suspected in the Pittsburgh murder of racketeer Gus Gianni?

Valenti was a prime suspect in the Gus Gianni murder in 1946, also the Frank Evans and Fred Garrow murders on the East End which police believe were tied together. Pittsburgh Police beat the ever living shit out of Valenti while in custody. As of 1951, they were still investigating the murder of Gianni.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 am I think Nickel and B. and JCB went on a historical deep dive....

The contemporary stuff got sidelined, I was just waiting on Manning to weigh in.......

To me, The real question isnt really whether there is or isnt a Buffalo family still.

What was the catalyst?

What exactly made the reconstitution and reorganization of the family neccessary?

What is the value of being a Buffalo member, to the extent that it would be ANY QUESTION between joining the Bonnanos or Buffalo?

The question we were looking into was Frank Valenti tied to Buffalo per Stefano Maggadino when he came to Rochester from decades in Pittsburgh. And then we went on an ancestry dive into their roots. Maggadino is on tape referring to Valenti.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 pm So I’m lost.

Buffalos back right?

If I’m reading this correctly, Valenti’s the current boss? That’s what we’re saying?
The fact that some of the current 30 Buffalo members could be from the old Rochester Family or rebel faction.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:07 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 am I think Nickel and B. and JCB went on a historical deep dive....

What was the catalyst?

The question we were looking into was Frank Valenti tied to Buffalo per Stefano Maggadino when he came to Rochester from decades in Pittsburgh. And then we went on an ancestry dive into their roots. Maggadino is on tape referring to Valenti.
Oh, make no mistake... yall have done FANTASTIC WORK, it's all a great read......

I was primarily interested in the Violi angle, but you guys compiled a ton of info in one spot... all stuff I knew nothing about... Pittsburgh, all kinds of shit...

It's just cool to get some new stuff to read.... Still waiting on Manning though, lol carry on....
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:So I’m lost.

Buffalos back right?

I can't keep up with all of it either. The research drive by some here is incredible and has reached a level I've not seen before on these forums.

Good to see this thread has turned into a scientific paper though. It's like the Genoveses after the great war.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Another critical question is, what did Violi mean when he said, " Everyone gets along now in Montreal"...

What does that statement mean?

Have the factions have reconsolidated into one? (Or are they two distinct cells, but no longer hostile towards each other? )

Under whose leadership? And is this leadership in opposition to, neutral, or back under the Bonnano flag?

God we need a rat, lol...
He did not literally say that. It's important not changing the context (how subtle or not) of these statements for the sake of accuracy.

I don't have the actual transcript at hand (I'm lost in the links, research and analysis provided in this behemot of a thread) but I'm very sure the statement was a bit different (such as 'things are starting to calm down in Montreal and/or everyone starts to work together' which is not the same as everyone getting along).
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/amp/1141275 ... ppe-drogue

They dont have the direct wire transcripts, I'm assuming that's a basic summary of what was discussed?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This part.... apply all the same questions I asked....

Meanwhile in Montreal
In September 2016, Domenico Violi says that the situation is stabilizing in the Quebec metropolis. Everyone is working together nowadays, the old barriers are gone, he said, according to the double agent.

Domenico Violi invited him to meet Frank Arcadi, Frank Cotroni Jr. and Antonio "Tony" Mucci.

In Montreal, these three names are associated with organized crime.

Frank Arcadi, one of the Rizzuto clan's lieutenants, was convicted of trafficking in cocaine and gangsterism. Frank Cotroni Jr., son of the famous mafioso of the same name, was sentenced in the 90s to eight years of penitentiary for conspiracy to import cocaine.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

Are they unrelated? Doubtful, right?