The Corporation

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: The Corporation

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am I mentioned, Healthcare and Medicaid fraud, Illegal lottery/Numbers/ Sweepstakes/Sports gambling, Cargo theft and hijacking... I never said the word Infiltrate anywhere in my posts, I did say headway which basically means THEY ARE GAINING GROUND, And they are bigger than before and bigger than they have been. The FBI seems to to believe there is a Cuban mafia, They state it in they're own 2018 Hijacking/Cargo indictment bust FBI ARTICLE . If you search more you'll find cases and reports over the last 10 years where the FBI along with the DOJ and other LE themselves mentions this Cuban Mafia. I never said they were bigger than Lcn, Or they control sports gambling greater than the Lcn. I mentioned 3 rackets they were Major players in and had a huge overall presence, I didn't even mention drugs . I believe there is a Corporation, Or a Cuban mafia simply because I hear mentions of it in the streets in certain communities, The FBI has said quite a few times there is a Cuban mafia, And lastly an organization as big and strong as the corporation and what quite a few mafia members called the Cuban Mafia for years just doesn't fade away and close shop, There are active rackets and cases and indictments over the years just about up until 2019
I didn't see this post yesterday so I'll respond.

You're correct about the FBI article referring to "the Kentucky-based organization (theft ring) having ties to the Cuban mob in Miami." Whether they are referring to remnants of the Battle organization, a different group, or using that term in a generic and collective sense, is unclear.

Obviously people from various Cuban groups will know each other and do business. We've seen the same thing with Eurasian criminals (often dubbed the "Russian Mafia"), where you'll have 5 or 6 guys involved in some kind of criminal enterprises. When it runs it's course, gets busted up, or whatever, maybe 2 or 3 of those guys might hook up with some some other guys and run a different scam. It's very fluid and non-hierchical. Now, there may be some Cuban groups that do have a hierarchy of some sort. But if we're going to call them the "Cuban mob," then there are several "Cuban mobs."
All roads lead to New York.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am I mentioned, Healthcare and Medicaid fraud, Illegal lottery/Numbers/ Sweepstakes/Sports gambling, Cargo theft and hijacking... I never said the word Infiltrate anywhere in my posts, I did say headway which basically means THEY ARE GAINING GROUND, And they are bigger than before and bigger than they have been. The FBI seems to to believe there is a Cuban mafia, They state it in they're own 2018 Hijacking/Cargo indictment bust FBI ARTICLE . If you search more you'll find cases and reports over the last 10 years where the FBI along with the DOJ and other LE themselves mentions this Cuban Mafia. I never said they were bigger than Lcn, Or they control sports gambling greater than the Lcn. I mentioned 3 rackets they were Major players in and had a huge overall presence, I didn't even mention drugs . I believe there is a Corporation, Or a Cuban mafia simply because I hear mentions of it in the streets in certain communities, The FBI has said quite a few times there is a Cuban mafia, And lastly an organization as big and strong as the corporation and what quite a few mafia members called the Cuban Mafia for years just doesn't fade away and close shop, There are active rackets and cases and indictments over the years just about up until 2019
I didn't see this post yesterday so I'll respond.

You're correct about the FBI article referring to "the Kentucky-based organization (theft ring) having ties to the Cuban mob in Miami." Whether they are referring to remnants of the Battle organization, a different group, or using that term in a generic and collective sense, is unclear.

Obviously people from various Cuban groups will know each other and do business. We've seen the same thing with Eurasian criminals (often dubbed the "Russian Mafia"), where you'll have 5 or 6 guys involved in some kind of criminal enterprises. When it runs it's course, gets busted up, or whatever, maybe 2 or 3 of those guys might hook up with some some other guys and run a different scam. It's very fluid and non-hierchical. Now, there may be some Cuban groups that do have a hierarchy of some sort. But if we're going to call them the "Cuban mob," then there are several "Cuban mobs."
I don't know if there still is, A CORPORATION, or a Continuation today of the Corporation, or a Cuban Mob ? I just see some different LE groups including the FBI throw that term out there over the years and In the mid 90's they stated that there were somewhere in the range of 2,500 Members and associates combined working for and with, Or a major part of this Corporation/Cuban mob . Which out of all the groups that they said would surpass or become equal to the LCN, Russians,Irish,Westies, Chinese, Albanian and others etc.
The only group that competed with the LCN on certain things and fought very quite a few brazen and bloody wars with LCN families,Groups,Members was the Corporation . , Which would often end with a truce and sometimes Partnership. In the words of LE and the FBI and seeing for themselves this was the only group that had the numbers and Propensity for violence and balls to fight LCN sometimes into bloody surrender . 1980's and 90's articles would cover these wars where Corporation/Cuban mob members would systematically bomb, Shoot, Assasinate members of the lucchese, Gambino, Genovese families .its just my opinion and thoughts that where does an organization that large and very organized that is making hundreds of millions and billions a year with CIA contacts and operatives and political alliances and power and Street power go ? IMO I dont think by any means this organization just shut down shop and dispersed . When Battle Jr. And two of his top lieutenants were arrested I think on the 2000's they were caught with millions and in possession of weapons and ready to assasinate rivals, They were ordered to pay about a billion in fines, Battle Jr. 633 million dollar fine and caught with significant amounts of cash . His 2 top lieutenants were also fined ,no where close to as much as Jr. And at the time Battle Jr. Was said to be the new head and was diversifying business and criminal rackets . They also say at the time of Battle Sr. Death in 2007 ? I think, He still had over 400 core members and over 1500 criminal associates , With the majority of his organization and rackets based in NYC, Ny state, NJ, Connecticut ,Maryland and the east coast where the highest populations of Cubans were located, Ny and NJ. Along with operations in Florida, Texas, North Carolina. I'd like to believe it's dead, But I dont
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dkAwrTSx3q. Cuban OC article, 2.5 million dollar gold heist
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... MwQWx9n_fU. 2017 Cuban mob 100 mil. Pharmaceutical theft Connecticut
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... fCB9CrcFkh 2017 release from prison Jose battle Jr.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:59 pm
I don't know if there still is, A CORPORATION, or a Continuation today of the Corporation, or a Cuban Mob ? I just see some different LE groups including the FBI throw that term out there over the years and In the mid 90's they stated that there were somewhere in the range of 2,500 Members and associates combined working for and with, Or a major part of this Corporation/Cuban mob.
I remember that 2,500 figure. Maybe that was the case if you included every bodega owner or employee who took numbers. Otherwise, probably highly inflated.
Which out of all the groups that they said would surpass or become equal to the LCN, Russians,Irish,Westies, Chinese, Albanian and others etc.
Those ethnic succession predictions have been made about almost every group.
The only group that competed with the LCN on certain things and fought very quite a few brazen and bloody wars with LCN families,Groups,Members was the Corporation . , Which would often end with a truce and sometimes Partnership. In the words of LE and the FBI and seeing for themselves this was the only group that had the numbers and Propensity for violence and balls to fight LCN sometimes into bloody surrender . 1980's and 90's articles would cover these wars where Corporation/Cuban mob members would systematically bomb, Shoot, Assasinate members of the lucchese, Gambino, Genovese families.
I'm not sure where you're getting this but you would do well to read from the beginning of this thread. There was no "systematic" attack by the Corporation against the LCN. As I said previously in this thread, Battle was close to several LCN figures and his organization was reportedly sending weekly payments to the LCN at least up to the mid-1980s.

It's true there were the "bolita wars" but these were primarily between Hispanic groups. I'd challenge you to find any articles that actually go into detail on these claims. The only thing I have ever seen is an article about a conflict between Robert Hopkins, who was associated with the Lucchese family, and La Compania (an offshoot of the Corporation) after negotiations had failed. And there aren't many details about that other than the murder of Pedro Acosta. The article below mentions how the fighting was largely between between Cubans and how Acosta was part of La Compania, though it mistakenly says it was Battle's organization.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm
I don't know if there still is, A CORPORATION, or a Continuation today of the Corporation, or a Cuban Mob ? I just see some different LE groups including the FBI throw that term out there over the years and In the mid 90's they stated that there were somewhere in the range of 2,500 Members and associates combined working for and with, Or a major part of this Corporation/Cuban mob.
I remember that 2,500 figure. Maybe that was the case if you included every bodega owner or employee who took numbers. Otherwise, probably highly inflated.
Which out of all the groups that they said would surpass or become equal to the LCN, Russians,Irish,Westies, Chinese, Albanian and others etc.

All numbers are inflated in OC cases, including Mafia cases.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

I read more of the book, TJ English puts a lot of work into it, but he also has things in there that are from sources I wonder about. He has Tony Salerno as a stereotype in the book, and in one part has him meet all the top Latin numbers runners in a restaurant on 72nd street ( An upscale area) and after the meeting a car comes down the street and tries to machine gun the Latin guys. He does not specify his source, and if there is one it needs to be never taken seriously again. The book has some gruesome photos of Corporations killings, and photos of some of the players during their days in Cuba. Its a good book, but I think he should have whittled it down a bit in some parts, and given better references to conversations that took place. He has sources listed in the back of the book, but a few are NY Times stories, which I don't trust. He has parts on Cafaro taping conversations, I which he could have given a few word for word examples of conversations record by him instead of giving his or other peoples' versions of them
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm
Those ethnic succession predictions have been made about almost every group.
The only group that competed with the LCN on certain things and fought very quite a few brazen and bloody wars with LCN families,Groups,Members was the Corporation . , Which would often end with a truce and sometimes Partnership. In the words of LE and the FBI and seeing for themselves this was the only group that had the numbers and Propensity for violence and balls to fight LCN sometimes into bloody surrender . 1980's and 90's articles would cover these wars where Corporation/Cuban mob members would systematically bomb, Shoot, Assasinate members of the lucchese, Gambino, Genovese families.
I'm not sure where you're getting this but you would do well to read from the beginning of this thread. There was no "systematic" attack by the Corporation against the LCN. As I said previously in this thread, Battle was close to several LCN figures and his organization was reportedly sending weekly payments to the LCN at least up to the mid-1980s.

It's true there were the "bolita wars" but these were primarily between Hispanic groups. I'd challenge you to find any articles that actually go into detail on these claims. The only thing I have ever seen is an article about a conflict between Robert Hopkins, who was associated with the Lucchese family, and La Compania (an offshoot of the Corporation) after negotiations had failed. And there aren't many details about that other than the murder of Pedro Acosta. The article below mentions how the fighting was largely between between Cubans and how Acosta was part of La Compania, though it mistakenly says it was Battle's organization.
that had me lmfao, "If you include every bodega owner etc..." Anyways, Nice debating with you Wiseguy ! Whatever the case is, I guess maybe one day if there is an indictment that includes Battle Jr. Or any of his top lieutenants we'll have a clue or some new info to go on, Until then, If there ever is an "Until then" I guess we'll never know for sure if the Organization is still whole and in operation ,If it's dead and all but disbanded,Or just some loosely affiliated cells/Crews or whatever . I guess only time will tell
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Who in this discussion has even read the book?
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

bert wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:34 am Who in this discussion has even read the book?
I'm in for another spicy take by Bert on how LCN has 12 guys left and that the PD snaps pictures of themsleves dressed like mobsters so that they can get more attention and funding
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Rat wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:27 am
bert wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:34 am Who in this discussion has even read the book?
I'm in for another spicy take by Bert on how LCN has 12 guys left and that the PD snaps pictures of themsleves dressed like mobsters so that they can get more attention and funding
What are you talking about :?:
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am The corporation is still in existence, Spanish neighborhoods all over the city, Especially places like sunset park and Williamsburg and bronx neighborhoods you can walk into certain stores/Bodegas and sitting there right along with American and Spanish newspapers are Bolita forms which are like big brochures with all types of lottery games/Numbers, Sweepstakes games, And all forms of sports gambling included from soccer to ,Baseball, Football etc etc. They now make up a larger unified contingent of Dominicans, Cubans, And others. They are also the number one Hijackers of any and all types of freight from buildind supplies, Electronics, Liquor, Foods, Weapons and anything they can get they're hands on From shipping containers, Railcar/Railway freight, Truck hijacking and are highly sophosticated and operate all over the country . Hijacking of freight has fallen by the wayside when it comes to Lcn which is basically no longer existent . They are big into loansharking and money laundering and illegal check cashing businesses Mostly in they're communities and amongst other Hispanics and they have also made headway into the unions where there are now many Hispanic run construction outfits and coalitions. But no they are not bigger than Lcn . Problem with LE and arrests/Indictments is that these guys are largely not americanized and go by many different aliases and are hard to track down and have people turn witness against them so they fly way under the radar and off the grid
HELLO!

I mightily disagree with you due respects. The daily numbers in nyc is not what you describe. Its a mistake to think that a daily in a spanish area must be run by the spanish. Its usually not. In nyc a neighborhood lottery is like any working class biz or small franchise. Bunch of rag heads working at a blimpies don't make the owner a rag head. It's usually a jew. Or a viet kong. In queens where there's a bunch of spanish immigrants the daily was dominated by chinks going back to the 70s. Before I left it was the moolinyan doing the collecting at the bodegas where you could play in harlem. Not all of it. But a chunk. Proving you can't go by the face of the neighborhood and make it like a racket there is under their control. If what you call "bolita forms" are in english that's a clue that it's not cubans. Who have 0 presence on the street. You saying there's a cuban co-operation is like saying there's a Murder incoporated in 2019. And like the murder incoporated, the cuban corperation is a made up fantasy. Like the jews the cubeeps have moved on and up the ladder. Also pay attention to the color of the sheet. It means something and how a game is tracked. Be good.

JIGGS