Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

^^^^All files I have were uploaded to FBI documents section if anyone would like to makes sure I didn’t confuse a couple of dates Todaro batches 1-4 I think.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Something interesting in the chart Manning gave us about the Musitano ties to the Buffalo mob, a Paolo “Snuffy” Alessi was mentioned. Here is the chart:
Todaro Crime Family Canadian Connections.jpg
It caught my attention because David Alessi has been a longtime manager at LaNova. Here is an article from 2010: http://www.buffalospree.com/Buffalo-Spr ... pepperoni/ Another from WKNW news 7: https://www.wkbw.com/news/pizza-and-win ... owl-sunday

Here is Paolo Alessi’s wife that got tied up in surveillance related to drug trafficking:
Alessi (section on narcotics).PNG
Here is her obituary in the FBI file that mentions her husband Paolo:
Josephine Alessi.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Looks like 1983 FBI report indicates Sam Campanella was a Buffalo LCN member. I thought he was a Rochester B-team soldier. Anybody know if here were two Sam Campanella’s. He was seen meeting Todaro at Mr Ribs on Hertel. Here are FBI documents:
Sam Campanella; Buffalo just 210 Gambling; Juice Loans; War Pieri Todaro.PNG
Sam Campanella Interest in Mr Ribbs on Hertel.PNG
This could possibly be his obituary: https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/18/camp ... salvatore/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 pm Hard to imagine the Bonanno family would try to take members from Rochester without approval given that's the exact sort of issue that got Joe Bonanno into trouble, though who knows. It's interesting too that Frank Valenti was said by DiLeonardo to have been placed under Milano after moving to Tucson. Suggests that Rochester members were given some kind of assignment when all was said and done. It's most likely to me that whatever remained of Rochester went back with Buffalo unless there was significantly bad blood between the two, but that's total speculation.

What's strange, is if Rochester broke off without Buffalo's approval, why wasn't there more violence? Both groups had been very violent in the years leading up to and surrounding this, and a rebel crew breaking off into their own family would warrant violence. Either the violent Rochester crew wasn't worth the trouble to Buffalo at the time, or maybe there was more going on politically.

Paul DiCocco was a Bonanno member near Albany but that area was affiliated with the Buffalo Utica crew, not Rochester. Carmine Persico also had property upstate and met with Joe Falcone related to some kind of matter. The Colombos were also tied to Buffalo through Pieri and DiCarlo, who were related by marriage to Tony Bonasera and an informant believed that Bonasera would support Pieri in his early attempts to regain influence.

Here's another twist on the Rochester / Buffalo relationship:
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/09/26 ... 528091200/
In a tape recorded at the Palma Boy's Club headquarters for Salerno, a dispute between two members of the Buffalo crime family was discussed.

The Justice Department said the dispute involved reputed Buffalo boss Samuel Rossetti and underboss Joseph Todaro Sr. It apparently was over Rosetti's intention to step down and who would replace him.

John Tronolone, a leader of the Cleveland family, formerly with the Buffalo organization, was with Salerno, hearing out a problem from Joseph Pieri, a counselor from Buffalo.

When the Salerno and Tronolone heard the problem, not spelled out on the tape, nor explained through corroborating testimony, Salerno said, 'Give him (believed to be Rossetti) the word from the commission.'

'Do that,' Tronolone agreed.

'He'll have word ... from the commission,' added Salerno.

Later Tronolone said a message will be brought 'with word from the commission.'
Must be an error naming the misspelled Sam Russotti from Rochester as "Buffalo boss" with Todaro Sr. as underboss (who by then may have been the actual Buffalo boss or acting boss), but it suggests Buffalo was in some way involved (or they desired to be involved) in Rochester's administrative matters and that this was handled with the Commission but with Buffalo and Cleveland's involvement. Tronolone's connection to Pieri is no surprise given Tronolone was a product of the Pieri/DiCarlo faction.

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 am B. I was doing some speculation re: Magaddino's bringing in over 100 members in 43 years and your theory about other groups in upstate NY being possibly absorbed, when do you think that this possibly occurred? Magaddino's claim that he's been in Canada (including Montreal amazingly) for 45 years. (This guy had quite the full plate from 1918-1922: the Good Killers case, his relocation to Buffalo, his becoming boss there within a year, declining the former boss of bosses, the northern expansion into Canada.

Buffalo historians credit Buffalo's close proximity to Canada and their ability to supply high quality liquor (as opposed to that stepped-on New York shit, nucka) to NYC. Such an arrangement in the early to mid 1920's would have ramifications for any theoretical Families in between. If there wasn't an arrangement early on then certainly no later than the 1930's. (I wonder if Alabama's dissolve and Newark's absorption were in any way connected to something larger, some agreed upon reconsolidation, one that may include Upstate NY theoretically going to Buffalo.

Going through my early Rochester notes, mafia activity or not, both that city and Buffalo were joined when it comes to Italo crime. People bounced between both cities and there were crime rings between them. I would - and I may end up being wrong if more info on this surfaces - wonder if Rochester was under Buffalo from at least the 1910's. Rochester is connected to plenty of other cities too, but this coinciding with their shared heritage moves the needle towards that direction, speculation-wise. Arguably the same for Niagara Falls. That leaves Utica, Toronto.. and Montreal? He made it sound like Montreal was his in the FBI files.
I'd have no idea when the consolidating may have happened since Magaddino's timeline for that statement could span over 40 years. My gut would be in the 1920s-30s is when most of this happened, based on what was happening locally and nationally during that time. Magaddino tells a story involving "Caliddu" Bordonaro in the 1920s, so it suggests that the Canadian ties could go back that far though I'm not sure when Bordonaro settled in Canada. I mean, the proximity makes an early connection between Buffalo and Hamilton practically a given.

I believe a lot of the myths about families being reorganized or even "created" during/after the Castellammarese War didn't just come out of nowhere even though they've been grossly distorted. It is entirely possible there was some reconfiguration among mafia groups during that time, as we know there were transfers in membership and circumstantial evidence points to some shifts and changes taking place. The Castellammarese War "creation" myths could be a butchered version of these kinds of smaller administrative events. At the very least a massive number of bosses changed all over the US from the period leading up to the war to the end, and the death/murder of bosses was probably a significant reason why some members/factions may have split off or groups were otherwise reorganized or reconfigured.

With the above in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to find out Utica joined Buffalo following the 1934 double murder of Pietro Lima and Domenico Aiello. Lima and Aiello had been the senior mafia leaders in Utica for years and would be replaced by the Falcone brothers, who are suspected of being involved in the murder. Reportedly, Aiello (Lima's brother-in-law) was killed only because he was with Lima, though I suspect this could be a cover story to justify the murder later given that Falcone's son married Aiello's daughter and it would be awkward if everyone believed the groom's father "meant" to kill the bride's father. Not that this crowd had high standards in that regard, as there had been earlier in-law violence involving the Limas and Gambinos. Tangent aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Lima's murder was a factor in Buffalo gaining control of Utica.

So many of the guys on Lennert's Rochester list come from the same towns as the Buffalo mafiosi that they easily could have been one group. Even though I believe some "outposts" may have been separate families originally, I def don't believe this is true for every outpost. If Rochester was "always" part of Buffalo, it would lend itself to that area falling back under Buffalo influence once the Rochester group had run its course on its own.

I like what you're saying about Alabama and Newark playing into something larger going on, though hard to say what given those two examples were split up allegedly for opposite reasons. We also have the San Jose family being created sometime after the late-1920s which must have been purely a political matter, as the CA Bay Area would in no way support a need for two families that close and I can't think of any practical reason why a second family would be created there.
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 am Not that I'm drawing up a conspiracy but it is interesting how the Bonannos influence other groups, first with Schiro members going to SF, Buf, Det, Philly, Boston; the 1960's disputes Bonanno stirred up and their involvement with the remnants of the declined upstate NY groups in the last 30 years.
Don't forget Colorado. Jim Colletti was Joe Bonanno's business partner and may have originally been a Bonanno member before he went to Colorado and became boss. Colletti's cousin Joseph Colletti was an early Bonanno captain. I suspect that Joe Bonanno already had Colorado in his pocket when he was attempting his move on California. Bonanno continued to try and get support from the Colorado family through the 1970s but by then Colletti was no longer the power and the Colorado leadership refused to recognize Bonanno despite his insistence.
Was valenti a member of the bonnao family orginally ? , in around 1970 frank valnenti switched Rochester to Pittsburgh control and still gave buffalo a percentage . so what happend after valenti was bascially shelved but ended going to prison anyway , did pittsburgh stay involded or where they out
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm
B. wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 pm Hard to imagine the Bonanno family would try to take members from Rochester without approval given that's the exact sort of issue that got Joe Bonanno into trouble, though who knows. It's interesting too that Frank Valenti was said by DiLeonardo to have been placed under Milano after moving to Tucson. Suggests that Rochester members were given some kind of assignment when all was said and done. It's most likely to me that whatever remained of Rochester went back with Buffalo unless there was significantly bad blood between the two, but that's total speculation.

What's strange, is if Rochester broke off without Buffalo's approval, why wasn't there more violence? Both groups had been very violent in the years leading up to and surrounding this, and a rebel crew breaking off into their own family would warrant violence. Either the violent Rochester crew wasn't worth the trouble to Buffalo at the time, or maybe there was more going on politically.

Paul DiCocco was a Bonanno member near Albany but that area was affiliated with the Buffalo Utica crew, not Rochester. Carmine Persico also had property upstate and met with Joe Falcone related to some kind of matter. The Colombos were also tied to Buffalo through Pieri and DiCarlo, who were related by marriage to Tony Bonasera and an informant believed that Bonasera would support Pieri in his early attempts to regain influence.

In a tape recorded at the Palma Boy's Club headquarters for Salerno, a dispute between two members of the Buffalo crime family was discussed.

The Justice Department said the dispute involved reputed Buffalo boss Samuel Rossetti and underboss Joseph Todaro Sr. It apparently was over Rosetti's intention to step down and who would replace him.

John Tronolone, a leader of the Cleveland family, formerly with the Buffalo organization, was with Salerno, hearing out a problem from Joseph Pieri, a counselor from Buffalo.

When the Salerno and Tronolone heard the problem, not spelled out on the tape, nor explained through corroborating testimony, Salerno said, 'Give him (believed to be Rossetti) the word from the commission.'

Must be an error naming the misspelled Sam Russotti from Rochester as "Buffalo boss" with Todaro Sr. as underboss (who by then may have been the actual Buffalo boss or acting boss), but it suggests Buffalo was in some way involved (or they desired to be involved) in Rochester's administrative matters and that this was handled with the Commission but with Buffalo and Cleveland's involvement. Tronolone's connection to Pieri is no surprise given Tronolone was a product of the Pieri/DiCarlo faction.

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 am B. I was doing some speculation re: Magaddino's bringing in over 100 members in 43 years and your theory about other groups in upstate NY being possibly absorbed, when do you think that this possibly occurred? Magaddino's claim that he's been in Canada (including Montreal amazingly) for 45 years. (This guy had quite the full plate from 1918-1922: the Good Killers case, his relocation to Buffalo, his becoming boss there within a year, declining the former boss of bosses, the northern expansion into Canada.

Buffalo historians credit Buffalo's close proximity to Canada and their ability to supply high quality liquor (as opposed to that stepped-on New York shit, nucka) to NYC. Such an arrangement in the early to mid 1920's would have ramifications for any theoretical Families in between. If there wasn't an arrangement early on then certainly no later than the 1930's. (I wonder if Alabama's dissolve and Newark's absorption were in any way connected to something larger, some agreed upon reconsolidation, one that may include Upstate NY theoretically going to Buffalo.

Going through my early Rochester notes, mafia activity or not, both that city and Buffalo were joined when it comes to Italo crime. People bounced between both cities and there were crime rings between them. I would - and I may end up being wrong if more info on this surfaces - wonder if Rochester was under Buffalo from at least the 1910's. Rochester is connected to plenty of other cities too, but this coinciding with their shared heritage moves the needle towards that direction, speculation-wise. Arguably the same for Niagara Falls. That leaves Utica, Toronto.. and Montreal? He made it sound like Montreal was his in the FBI files.
I'd have no idea when the consolidating may have happened since Magaddino's timeline for that statement could span over 40 years. My gut would be in the 1920s-30s is when most of this happened, based on what was happening locally and nationally during that time. Magaddino tells a story involving "Caliddu" Bordonaro in the 1920s, so it suggests that the Canadian ties could go back that far though I'm not sure when Bordonaro settled in Canada. I mean, the proximity makes an early connection between Buffalo and Hamilton practically a given.

I believe a lot of the myths about families being reorganized or even "created" during/after the Castellammarese War didn't just come out of nowhere even though they've been grossly distorted. It is entirely possible there was some reconfiguration among mafia groups during that time, as we know there were transfers in membership and circumstantial evidence points to some shifts and changes taking place. The Castellammarese War "creation" myths could be a butchered version of these kinds of smaller administrative events. At the very least a massive number of bosses changed all over the US from the period leading up to the war to the end, and the death/murder of bosses was probably a significant reason why some members/factions may have split off or groups were otherwise reorganized or reconfigured.

With the above in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to find out Utica joined Buffalo following the 1934 double murder of Pietro Lima and Domenico Aiello. Lima and Aiello had been the senior mafia leaders in Utica for years and would be replaced by the Falcone brothers, who are suspected of being involved in the murder. Reportedly, Aiello (Lima's brother-in-law) was killed only because he was with Lima, though I suspect this could be a cover story to justify the murder later given that Falcone's son married Aiello's daughter and it would be awkward if everyone believed the groom's father "meant" to kill the bride's father. Not that this crowd had high standards in that regard, as there had been earlier in-law violence involving the Limas and Gambinos. Tangent aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Lima's murder was a factor in Buffalo gaining control of Utica.

So many of the guys on Lennert's Rochester list come from the same towns as the Buffalo mafiosi that they easily could have been one group. Even though I believe some "outposts" may have been separate families originally, I def don't believe this is true for every outpost. If Rochester was "always" part of Buffalo, it would lend itself to that area falling back under Buffalo influence once the Rochester group had run its course on its own.

I like what you're saying about Alabama and Newark playing into something larger going on, though hard to say what given those two examples were split up allegedly for opposite reasons. We also have the San Jose family being created sometime after the late-1920s which must have been purely a political matter, as the CA Bay Area would in no way support a need for two families that close and I can't think of any practical reason why a second family would be created there.
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 am Not that I'm drawing up a conspiracy but it is interesting how the Bonannos influence other groups, first with Schiro members going to SF, Buf, Det, Philly, Boston; the 1960's disputes Bonanno stirred up and their involvement with the remnants of the declined upstate NY groups in the last 30 years.
Don't forget Colorado. Jim Colletti was Joe Bonanno's business partner and may have originally been a Bonanno member before he went to Colorado and became boss. Colletti's cousin Joseph Colletti was an early Bonanno captain. I suspect that Joe Bonanno already had Colorado in his pocket when he was attempting his move on California. Bonanno continued to try and get support from the Colorado family through the 1970s but by then Colletti was no longer the power and the Colorado leadership refused to recognize Bonanno despite his insistence.
Was valenti a member of the bonnao family orginally ? , in around 1970 frank valnenti switched Rochester to Pittsburgh control and still gave buffalo a percentage . so what happend after valenti was bascially shelved but ended going to prison anyway , did pittsburgh stay involded or where they out
I don't believe either started out Bonanno. Either Buffalo or Pittsburgh. I thought both brothers were born in Rochester but (as per wikipedia so needs to be verified) according to the U.S. Social Security Death Index, Frank was born in Pittsburgh.

I don't have a proper timeline on the Valentis. I thought they were members of Pittsburgh originally who moved to Rochester after Ripepi of Pittsburgh championed Magaddino about allowing it. I had this occuring in the 60's however, both bros. were at Appalachin in 57 and being ID'd as Buffalo members by 1965. They are listed as Rochester capo which is interesting given that they had allegedly only recently transferred to Buffalo.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 pm ^^^^All files I have were uploaded to FBI documents section if anyone would like to makes sure I didn’t confuse a couple of dates Todaro batches 1-4 I think.
Those were some very interesting documents. Who do you believe the redacted name is, this mysterious boss who Frangiamore and Todaro were allegedly fronting for? We going to discover that Todaro Jr has been running Buffalo since 73?

What primary activity were they involved in from main to least? From everything I'm looking at, on the illegal side it's gambling and then drugs (from a Canadian distance) and then white collar crimes and their famous Local infiltration. It doesn't seem like it was a kill-crazy family.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So what do you guys think? Buffalo is to the Bonnanos what Philly under Stanfa was to the Gambinos? A satellite family now?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 am So what do you guys think? Buffalo is to the Bonnanos what Philly under Stanfa was to the Gambinos? A satellite family now?
I don't know enough about this group to make an informed opinion. I will say that Buffalo-Bonanno links are pretty strong, more so than Gambino and Genovese connections but those existed as well. But with the Bons were got Magaddino and a Cast element coming to power in the 20's which, despite the two boss cousins having a falling out, both families had a deep link through that time, we got the Valentis backed by the Bonannos and being mislabeled as Bonannos themselves, we have this Marotta character in 1999 calling himself the Boss and being tied up with the Bonannos, lastly this recent Buffalo-Canadian activity has the Bonannos all over it.

Some of that could be coincidental but it points to them having a pretty strong influence in upstate NY. Perhaps when the Commission was reduced to NY and Chicago this arrangement put Buffalo/Rochester with the Bonannos.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 am
Stroccos wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm

I don't believe either started out Bonanno. Either Buffalo or Pittsburgh. I thought both brothers were born in Rochester but (as per wikipedia so needs to be verified) according to the U.S. Social Security Death Index, Frank was born in Pittsburgh.

I don't have a proper timeline on the Valentis. I thought they were members of Pittsburgh originally who moved to Rochester after Ripepi of Pittsburgh championed Magaddino about allowing it. I had this occuring in the 60's however, both bros. were at Appalachin in 57 and being ID'd as Buffalo members by 1965. They are listed as Rochester capo which is interesting given that they had allegedly only recently transferred to Buffalo.
Stan Valenti married Tony Ripepi’s daughter in Pittsburgh, John Bazzano Jr married his other daughter. With the help of LaRocca, Ripepi helped his son in law Stan & brother Frank take over Rochester in or around 1961-62. In 1960, When the Pirates and the Yankees were playing in the World Series, Tony Ripepi through a lavish party at his mansion with Frank Sinatra being the guest of honor along with Dean Martin, both Valenti’s were still in Pittsburgh at that time. Frank was tight with Mike Genovese and Jo Jo Pecora. Valenti’s extended Family lived in Pittsburgh and both brothers went to live with an aunt for their formative years. If I am not mistaken, one of the brothers was born in Pittsburgh then they went to Rochester and came back to Pittsburgh to live with an aunt. I know I have it in my files I will search them sometime today. I never came across any evidence that Pittsburgh was paying Buffalo, but one Valenti went to Rochester, Buffalo got a percentage in Pittsburgh at a percentage of gambling and other racket profits. Frank made a big name for himself across the country while he was in Pittsburgh and he was close to the right people in Pittsburgh.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 amStan Valenti married Tony Ripepi’s daughter in Pittsburgh, John Bazzano Jr married his other daughter. With the help of LaRocca, Ripepi helped his son in law Stan & brother Frank take over Rochester in or around 1961-62. In 1960, When the Pirates and the Yankees were playing in the World Series, Tony Ripepi through a lavish party at his mansion with Frank Sinatra being the guest of honor along with Dean Martin, both Valenti’s were still in Pittsburgh at that time. Frank was tight with Mike Genovese and Jo Jo Pecora. Valenti’s extended Family lived in Pittsburgh and both brothers went to live with an aunt for their formative years. If I am not mistaken, one of the brothers was born in Pittsburgh then they went to Rochester and came back to Pittsburgh to live with an aunt. I know I have it in my files I will search them sometime today. I never came across any evidence that Pittsburgh was paying Buffalo, but one Valenti went to Rochester, Buffalo got a percentage in Pittsburgh at a percentage of gambling and other racket profits. Frank made a big name for himself across the country while he was in Pittsburgh and he was close to the right people in Pittsburgh.
Frank Valenti was born in Pittsburgh according to wikipedia, source Soc Sec Death Index. Do we know when Frank moved to Rochester? Was Costenze Valenti ever in Pittsburgh long term or always Rochester-based? These seem like grey areas. Online I read the Valentis were Rochester powers as early as the late 50's.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Going back to the leadership during the 70s and early 80s. Thanks to NickleCity for clearing a lot of this up with those documents.

It now looks like Magaddino and his son Peter officially kept their Boss and UnderBoss ranks until 1974 despite being forced to step down by the Capos. So piecing things together it looks like this.

Boss:
Stefano Magaddino (1922-1974) Demoted in 1969/Died.
-Salvatore “Sam” Pieri (1969-1970) Imprisoned.
-Joseph Fino (1970-1972) Demoted.
Salvatore Frangiamore (1974-1981) Stepped Down.
Joseph Todaro Sr.

Underbosses:
Peter Maggadino (1968-1974) Demoted in 1969.
-Joseph Fino (1969-1970) Became Acting Boss.
-Daniel Sansenese Sr. (1970-1972) Imprisoned.
Roy Carlisi (197?-1978)
Joseph Todaro Sr. (1978-1981) Became Boss.

Any idea who was the UnderBoss before Todaro Jr. got it in 1985?

Consigliere:
-Joseph DiCarlo Jr. (19??-197?)
Frederico Randaccio (197?-197?)
Joseph Pieri (197?-1987)
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:11 am
JCB1977 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 amStan Valenti married Tony Ripepi’s daughter in Pittsburgh, John Bazzano Jr married his other daughter. With the help of LaRocca, Ripepi helped his son in law Stan & brother Frank take over Rochester in or around 1961-62. In 1960, When the Pirates and the Yankees were playing in the World Series, Tony Ripepi through a lavish party at his mansion with Frank Sinatra being the guest of honor along with Dean Martin, both Valenti’s were still in Pittsburgh at that time. Frank was tight with Mike Genovese and Jo Jo Pecora. Valenti’s extended Family lived in Pittsburgh and both brothers went to live with an aunt for their formative years. If I am not mistaken, one of the brothers was born in Pittsburgh then they went to Rochester and came back to Pittsburgh to live with an aunt. I know I have it in my files I will search them sometime today. I never came across any evidence that Pittsburgh was paying Buffalo, but one Valenti went to Rochester, Buffalo got a percentage in Pittsburgh at a percentage of gambling and other racket profits. Frank made a big name for himself across the country while he was in Pittsburgh and he was close to the right people in Pittsburgh.
Frank Valenti was born in Pittsburgh according to wikipedia, source Soc Sec Death Index. Do we know when Frank moved to Rochester? Was Costenze Valenti ever in Pittsburgh long term or always Rochester-based? These seem like grey areas. Online I read the Valentis were Rochester powers as early as the late 50's.
Frank was definitely born in Rochester, NY in 1911-1912. He came to Pittsburgh when he was about 12 years old to live with a relative. 1920, 1925 and 1930 Census has him in Rochester. His brother Stan was born in 1926

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Yeah, wiki info is incorrect. He was born in Rochester and moved later. By the late 50's, when he was caught voting illegally, he hadn't established Rochester residency before registering.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:27 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:11 am
Frank was definitely born in Rochester, NY in 1911-1912. He came to Pittsburgh when he was about 12 years old to live with a relative. 1920, 1925 and 1930 Census has him in Rochester. His brother Stan was born in 1926
Ok. And how about Constenze? Was he ever in Pittsburgh?