Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by mobinfiltrator »

NickleCity wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm
NickleCity wrote:WOW Papalia under Rizzuto who answered to Buffalo. Musitano offs Pops with Buffalo’s blessing. They kill Barilllaro... Buffalo will never give the a button. So they go to Rizzuto and get made. That means the 99 CISC report was right... that Buffalo controlled Hamilton, Toronto, and Montreal (I am assuming via proxy) through a shaking alliance. I take it that alliance fell apart as the Rizzutos grew in power. Coppola a Buffalo news reported was saying the family was decimated after the 210 union thing and they had no power in Canada that is why Pops got hit. How could journalist and LE on this side of the border have been that wrong and I guess continue to be today?
What 99 CISC report? I’m very interested if you would be kind enough.

The thing I will add is my CI was also, I strongly believe, involved in Papalia’s homicide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was posted by antimafia on the Buffalo Toronto thread:
antimafia wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm Image

Link farther below is to an Evernote item containing a ProQuest article I saved just a couple of years ago, but the article itself is dated August 21, 1999. The initialism CISC, which stands for Criminal Intelligence Service Canada, is elaborated in the article. I've never known what to make of this story and I've never asked anyone's opinion about this intelligence -- whether the intelligence was way off base, had at least a little bit of merit, was a CISC brain fart, and so on.

Please feel free to save the article to your own Evernote account or locally on your laptop/notebook, tablet, smartphone, desktop PC, etc. However, please refrain from publicly sharing the article on the Net, and this includes sharing it on another forum. I recommend you save the article ASAP, as any edit I make to this Evernote item in the future will result in the link below no longer working.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... c350b448f1
OK, did you ever work out the new boss?

mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

mobinfiltrator wrote:
NickleCity wrote:
NickleCity wrote:WOW Papalia under Rizzuto who answered to Buffalo. Musitano offs Pops with Buffalo’s blessing. They kill Barilllaro... Buffalo will never give the a button. So they go to Rizzuto and get made. That means the 99 CISC report was right... that Buffalo controlled Hamilton, Toronto, and Montreal (I am assuming via proxy) through a shaking alliance. I take it that alliance fell apart as the Rizzutos grew in power. Coppola a Buffalo news reported was saying the family was decimated after the 210 union thing and they had no power in Canada that is why Pops got hit. How could journalist and LE on this side of the border have been that wrong and I guess continue to be today?

The thing I will add is my CI was also, I strongly believe, involved in Papalia’s homicide.

Link farther below is to an Evernote item containing a ProQuest article I saved just a couple of years ago, but the article itself is dated August 21, 1999. The initialism CISC, which stands for Criminal Intelligence Service Canada, is elaborated in the article. I've never known what to make of this story and I've never asked anyone's opinion about this intelligence -- whether the intelligence was way off base, had at least a little bit of merit, was a CISC brain fart, and so on.

Please feel free to save the article to your own Evernote account or locally on your laptop/notebook, tablet, smartphone, desktop PC, etc. However, please refrain from publicly sharing the article on the Net, and this includes sharing it on another forum. I recommend you save the article ASAP, as any edit I make to this Evernote item in the future will result in the link below no longer working.

Antonio Commisso...lives in Niagara-On-The-Lake

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:21 pm
mobinfiltrator wrote:
NickleCity wrote:

So Commisso replaced Pops, but Pops wasn’t Buffalo’s captain, because he was under Rizzuto who answered to the Bonannos not Buffalo but intelligence at that time thought Pops was Buffalo?

Schneider in his book Iced indicated Pops was loyal to the Todaro faction and that Volpe went with Pieri faction. One reason Volpe was iced after Todaro came to power. So was Pops just working with Buffalo/Todaro not really under him?

Also, I’ve also wondered about the Family connection that Todaro had with the Luppinos. On Twitter you mentioned they are related through Giacomo’s wife. Can you outline the intelligence you have on that?
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

NickleCity wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:21 pm
mobinfiltrator wrote:
NickleCity wrote:

So Commisso replaced Pops, but Pops wasn’t Buffalo’s captain, because he was under Rizzuto who answered to the Bonannos not Buffalo but intelligence at that time thought Pops was Buffalo?

Schneider in his book Iced indicated Pops was loyal to the Todaro faction and that Volpe went with Pieri faction. One reason Volpe was iced after Todaro came to power. So was Pops just working with Buffalo/Todaro not really under him?

Also, I’ve also wondered about the Family connection that Todaro had with the Luppinos. On Twitter you mentioned they are related through Giacomo’s wife. Can you outline the intelligence you have on that?
Ill have to dig it out. I have an FBI family tree for the Luppinos which has the grandmother down as a Todaro.

Ill dig out everything over the next couple of days and give a definitive answer. Settle it once and for all.

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: New Member

Post by johnny_scootch »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am Massive foundations in Buffalo. Wise guys in Buffalo don’t brag or even talk about things that they just don’t need to talk about. Dom Violi (met him a couple of times when undercover) talked out of turn and confirmed what I’ve been saying for years about continued TOC activity in Buffalo.

Welcome to the board,

I have one question..do you know how many members the Buffalo family has? Dom Violi is on tape saying he beat out 30 guys for the underboss position. How accurate would you say that number is?
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

johnny_scootch wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am Massive foundations in Buffalo. Wise guys in Buffalo don’t brag or even talk about things that they just don’t need to talk about. Dom Violi (met him a couple of times when undercover) talked out of turn and confirmed what I’ve been saying for years about continued TOC activity in Buffalo.

Welcome to the board,

I have one question..do you know how many members the Buffalo family has? Dom Violi is on tape saying he beat out 30 guys for the underboss position. How accurate would you say that number is?
No idea. If Dom beat out 30 capos, that means theres at least 150 soldiers. Possible I suppose but also possible (and very likely) for wise guys to exaggerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm
johnny_scootch wrote:

Welcome to the board,

No idea. If Dom beat out 30 capos, that means theres at least 150 soldiers. Possible I suppose but also possible (and very likely) for wise guys to exaggerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One has to assume he meant members total when he said '30 guys' and not 30 captains. Many board members would like to have another informed opinion on the current size of the Buffalo family.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:56 am Buffalo is still an active organization. I have no idea where anyone got the idea they’d stopped operations.
The FBI. Maybe you've heard of them.
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:35 pmOne has to assume he meant members total when he said '30 guys' and not 30 captains. Many board members would like to have another informed opinion on the current size of the Buffalo family.
Members would be a good assumption. When has any family...anywhere...had 30 captains?

The idea of 30 captains, or 150 members in Buffalo today for that matter, is a pipe dream. They would be bigger than three of the New York families.

Hell, the idea of 30 members total in Buffalo today is a pipe dream. But I digress.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah no offense because you seem like a good guy but you pretty much shot your credibility about Buffalos current status when you said it is possible that Buffalo has 30 Capos and 150 Soldiers. Not even the Gambinos and Genovsese at their peaks got close to 30 Capos and 30 Capos and at least 150 Soldiers would make them the 3rd or 2nd largest family in the country.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:54 pm Yeah no offense because you seem like a good guy but you pretty much shot your credibility about Buffalos current status when you said it is possible that Buffalo has 30 Capos and 150 Soldiers. Not even the Gambinos and Genovsese at their peaks got close to 30 Capos and 30 Capos and at least 150 Soldiers would make them the 3rd or 2nd largest family in the country.

Pogo
I think it’s pretty clear that Paul meant Violi beat 30 men to get the Underboss position, we all know that no family has ever had 30 capos at once, not that I’m aware of
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Except that is the opposite of what he said. Read his post.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Unlike many of us Paul May not remember every detail, Violi never said 30 capos anyway so it’s a moot point
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

No but he assumed Violi meant 30 Capos and then he extrapolated 150 Soldiers from that and said how it is possible. Has nothing to do with remembering every detail. His post is crystal clear for all to read.

Pogo
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don’t think buffalo has 150 members obviously, but it’s strange to think that a soldier can be promoted to underboss? I mean I guess stranger things have been done, and violi could have just been shooting the shit and not properly saying everything, just something to think about.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Moscone65 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:32 pm I don’t think buffalo has 150 members obviously, but it’s strange to think that a soldier can be promoted to underboss? I mean I guess stranger things have been done, and violi could have just been shooting the shit and not properly saying everything, just something to think about.
He said 150 soldiers AND 30 Capos which would be 180. That's not including a couple more in the administration.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".