Strongest crew in LCN history ??

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pierino1978
Associate

Strongest crew in LCN history ??

Post by Pierino1978 »

Trigger Mike's crew ??
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Strongest crew in LCN history ??

Post by Dr031718 »

Pierino1978 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm Trigger Mike's crew ??
In terms of longevity and big names over the years the 116th crew IMO
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

In my opinion this is a childish thread that sounds like grade school kids always wanting to turn everything into some juvenile pissing competition contest. It's a ridiculous question that could have 25 different answers. Just sayin....
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Confederate wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:46 pm In my opinion this is a childish thread that sounds like grade school kids always wanting to turn everything into some juvenile pissing competition contest. It's a ridiculous question that could have 25 different answers. Just sayin....
Confererate is right! There have been so many tough tough crews over the years, in every possible family ......NO WAY to even address the subject matter intelligently....... it's like pissing in the wind!
cmb1
Prospect

Post by cmb1 »

if perseverance equals strength im sure it would always be west side- think about this for one minute- them guys still go out to eat and the majority of the dinners are 75 plus.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Dr031718 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pmIn terms of longevity and big names over the years the 116th crew IMO
Most powerful crew in the most powerful family. Be hard to argue anyone else.
All roads lead to New York.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

were the 116th street crew guys "diversified" into everything...like street shit? talking about modern era, not pre-Valachi era

i know the guys from that crew were entrenched in labor racketeering, quasi legit business and basically the administration aspect of sports booking. the all stars of those things. i picture them as older executive types

have they been known for any knucklehead street guys? like personal loansharks, drugs, robberies, etc...? no, right?

its crazy to contrast a group like that with other groups in the same family who were strong in their own right...crews like alan longos who were pulling scams and strong arm robberies

maybe thats another reason why the genovese did so well. putting the birds of a feather all in the same place

thoughts?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:02 pm were the 116th street crew guys "diversified" into everything...like street shit? talking about modern era, not pre-Valachi era

i know the guys from that crew were entrenched in labor racketeering, quasi legit business and basically the administration aspect of sports booking. the all stars of those things. i picture them as older executive types

have they been known for any knucklehead street guys? like personal loansharks, drugs, robberies, etc...? no, right?

its crazy to contrast a group like that with other groups in the same family who were strong in their own right...crews like alan longos who were pulling scams and strong arm robberies

maybe thats another reason why the genovese did so well. putting the birds of a feather all in the same place

thoughts?
You're correct, their main rackets have traditionally been labor racketeering and legitimate businesses. Also gambling, including numbers back in the day. Patty Falcetti was charged with loansharking and Sal Larca was charged with marijuana trafficking .
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 pm
Dr031718 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pmIn terms of longevity and big names over the years the 116th crew IMO
the Persico/South Bklyn crew?....... very tough and did a ton of work; Sally D, Freddy Red, Junior, Joe Jelly, etc, etc.
DeMeo crew....... what they killed in several years, other crews didn't kill in twenty years (or 30 or 40 years)
Vario crew: Paulie hurt a lot of guys
Franzese crew:........Sonny and company
Tony Bender's crew (Vito and Mike Miranda)...... lower westside...... mucho "morte" Lol
the 4th ward: Saro Mogavero, Joe Beck, Frankie the Bug.............it just goes on and on!

A lot of crews were very "capable", some more than others...... (AND REMEMBER), some crews were publicized for it, while other worked VERY QUIETLY, and maybe did even more work, but the "public" and even some "Street guys" never knew it!
an example would be: Charles (Charlootz) Gagliodotto and Little Davy Betillo, two friggin maniacs who did a lot of work over the years but were virtually an unknown ...... the case could be made for many across the board. (another was Mimi Scialo's crew - you want better than that?)
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:50 am
the Persico/South Bklyn crew?....... very tough and did a ton of work; Sally D, Freddy Red, Junior, Joe Jelly, etc, etc.
DeMeo crew....... what they killed in several years, other crews didn't kill in twenty years (or 30 or 40 years)
Tony Bender's crew (Vito and Mike Miranda)...... lower westside...... mucho "morte" Lol
the 4th ward: Saro Mogavero, Joe Beck, Frankie the Bug.............it just goes on and on!

A lot of crews were very "capable", some more than others...... (AND REMEMBER), some crews were publicized for it, while other worked VERY QUIETLY, and maybe did even more work, but the "public" and even some "Street guys" never knew it!
an example would be: Charles (Charlootz) Gagliodotto and Little Davy Betillo, two friggin maniacs who did a lot of work over the years but were virtually an unknown ...... the case could be made for many across the board. (another was Mimi Scialo's crew - you want better than that?)
another was Richie the Boot of NJ, guy filled a cemetery by himself!...... kept an incinerator and lime pit in the back of his property for that very purpose. Lol..... the list is never ending!
Geeleonetti
Honorary Member

Post by Geeleonetti »

I’m not trying to ruffle anyone’s feathers or anything, but Maxie has an opinion on someone’s post? This guy has more posts than anyone, you should just have your own website. I never post but for you to agree with confederate and put him on blast, is wrong. Maybe this is what some followers wanna see instead of Maxie’s profiles every other hour.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Geeleonetti wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 am I’m not trying to ruffle anyone’s feathers or anything, but Maxie has an opinion on someone’s post? This guy has more posts than anyone, you should just have your own website. I never post but for you to agree with confederate and put him on blast, is wrong. Maybe this is what some followers wanna see instead of Maxie’s profiles every other hour.
So are you saying not to post so many "profiles"?.... or just say a few words on someone else's thread? or NOT post at all? I'm not following what you are saying Gee. please explain your statement better
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

A lot of crews have killed a lot of people and been involved in lots of things. But the 116th crew has had at least a half dozen members become boss or acting boss of the Genovese family. It's essentially been the default leader of the most powerful family in the U.S. over the years.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 am

A lot of crews have killed a lot of people and been involved in lots of things. But the 116th crew has had at least a half dozen members become boss or acting boss of the Genovese family. It's essentially been the default leader of the most powerful family in the U.S. over the years.
that I agree with. they are almost always in the drivers seat
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

To me, when I think strongest I think power and longevity. Staying out of prison or having members do little out no time is also a factor. Look at Al Gallo, he's a big name, has money, has been around since the 1950's, I have never seen a round up of his crew since he switched to the Genovese Family.