5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by Stroccos »

John Pennisi was inducted april 2 2013 BY MADONNA
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The ceremony of Ralph DeLeo took place at 645 Tenth St., Long Island, at Joseph Competiello's house. It was attended by Tommy Gioeli and Dino Calabro, but not Competiello since the latter wasn't made yet. DeLeo was the only person inducted in that ceremony.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Michael Palmaccio was inducted in approximately 2002, according to his sentencing memorandum.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Victor Orena Jr. and John Orena were also inducted alongside Joseph Campanella, according to his testimony.

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

In DiLeonardo's testimony he says Bobby Boriello was already a soldier at the time of the Dec 24 1988 induction ceremony. He has Boriello as one of the soldiers in attendance along with Huck Carbonaro, so if he's remembering right they were both made before Dec 24 1988. He couldn't remember the name of one person who was inducted, but the other names you listed match the testimony. Gene Gotti sponsored Junior Gotti and Dominick Pizzonia, Jack D'Amico sponsored DiLeonardo, and Greg DePalma is said elsewhere to have sponsored LaSorsa.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hey Pogo, I have not seen anything relating to Famulari being inducted in Fall 2005 or anywhere around that timeframe. I feel like we discussed Famulari recently but I cannot remember when or why we decided he was inducted at that date.

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to JD he was proposed in the Fall of 2005. He was listed as a made member in 2006 and died that same year.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo - regarding Famulari... I believe you or JD might have him mistaken with Vincent 'Big Lou' Russo, who was a made member who died in 2006 (per your own chart). Russo and Famulari were both Franzese crew members that were detailed in the same court filings together so that may be where the confusion stems from.

This is what John Franzese Jr. said in court testimony in 2010;
Big Lou was -- he was recently straightened out with the Colombos a couple of years ago.
- I imagine this refers to when Franzese Jr. was still on the streets, meaning 2005-2007 or so.

Franzese Jr. testified that Anthony 'Flemmo' Famulari was an influential associate who was proposed for induction. This indicates that Franzese Jr. had no knowledge that Famulari was inducted prior to him being taken off the streets as a cooperating witness. Later court filings do name Famulari as a soldier, however.

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:02 am Pogo - regarding Famulari... I believe you or JD might have him mistaken with Vincent 'Big Lou' Russo, who was a made member who died in 2006 (per your own chart). Russo and Famulari were both Franzese crew members that were detailed in the same court filings together so that may be where the confusion stems from.

Big Lou was -- he was recently straightened out with the Colombos a couple of years ago.
- I imagine this refers to when Franzese Jr. was still on the streets, meaning 2005-2007 or so.

Franzese Jr. testified that Anthony 'Flemmo' Famulari was an influential associate who was proposed for induction. This indicates that Franzese Jr. had no knowledge that Famulari was inducted prior to him being taken off the streets as a cooperating witness. Later court filings do name Famulari as a soldier, however.
Good Morning Gohn,... would it be possible for you or someone who has access to those court filing post them up here. I’m interested in seeing what the kid said about them and others he gave info on. I appreciate any help with this! 👍
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:02 am Pogo - regarding Famulari... I believe you or JD might have him mistaken with Vincent 'Big Lou' Russo, who was a made member who died in 2006 (per your own chart). Russo and Famulari were both Franzese crew members that were detailed in the same court filings together so that may be where the confusion stems from.

They both died in 2006.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/723 ... g-famulari
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Uvino was sponsored into the family by Vincent Ricciardo, not Sonny Franzese. It doesn't appear that Uvino and Franzese were particularly close, but the pair frequently did business and crossed paths when Uvino became a capo in Franzese's turf.

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Gambino:

Pasquale "Patty Delchop" DelChopo

Bonanno:

1954/1955
Joseph Notaro
(In December 1964 Notaro was recorded telling Sam DeCavalcante he'd been made for "10 years".)

Joseph Zicarelli (Sponsor: Carmine Galante)

Genovese:

1949, same ceremony
Michael Erra (Sponsor: Mike Coppola)
Pasquale Erra (Sponsor: Mike Coppola)

1950-1951, Location: Benny Lombardo's HQ on 116th and 1st Avenue
Al Rosato (Sponsor: Mike Coppola)

Mid-1950s
Louie Pacella (Sponsor: Al Rosato)
(CI specifically said that "Louie Done" (ph) was sponsored in by Rosato after helping with a 1953-1954 murder)

June 1957
Joseph Giammarino (Sponsor: Michael Generoso)
(Never heard of Giammarino and the report spelled his name slightly different but this is likely the correct spelling)
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks guys. Though I have Pacella being made in late June 1977?

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:41 pm Thanks guys. Though I have Pacella being made in late June 1977?

Pogo
I don't know much about that family but Pacella shows up on the FBI's 1960s family membership lists, identified by a different source as a member.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

JD discovered and posted that Pacella was made in 1976. I would believe he was correct on that alrhough we have seen earlier dates elsewhere.
There you have it, never printed before.