Maxie's Colombo Profiles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Maxie's Colombo Profiles

Post by bert »

"I’ve created and written 170 very unique and accurate profiles on “key” figures in 6 the families (Jersey included).... “masterpieces” I might add, "

Now you are showing that this is all a big joke.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Not at all.... but I know my info is accurate. Again, check all my profiles and decide for yourself (objectively please) ok
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

SEBASTIANO (BUSTER) ALOI - born 1907 in Caltanissetta, Sicilia. aka: “Bustiano”. Came to this country as a teenager. First he lived in Brooklyn (192 Evergreen Avenue). Later moved to the South Ozone Park (115-34 117th Avenue) section of Queens, and later out to Farmingdale, LI. By the early 1970’s he had moved permanently down to South Florida (Miami) where he would pass away in 1980.

Buster had three sons (Vincent, Benedetto and Sebastian Jr.), all of whom would become members of the family. With Vincent and Benny serving in the hierarchy at various times as captains and higher acting positions in the three-man administration.

A intimate and confidant of many of the city’s Five Families for over five decades...... “an original”!

Buster or “Bustiano” as his close friends referred to him, was a very, very, well respected mafioso, of the first order!

Criminal record (from 1930) lists arrests for: robbery, assault, attempted homicide, federal alcohol-tax violations (bootlegging)........
-
Aloi was a longtime “capo di decina”
in what was the Profaci and later the Colombo family.... in fact, he was instrumental in the original formation of this family (another reason why he was so revered). He was said to be a good friend of boss Carlo Gambino, going back decades with him.

His primary area of operation was in the North Brooklyn (Williamsburg, Greenpoint and Ridgewood) and South Queens (Ozone Park) sections of the city. A young protege’ by the name of Giovanni C. Franzese..... better known as John (Sonny) Franzese, started out under the watchful eye of Buster, and would become his trusted “eyes and ears” and “right hand” man in future years.

Note: [Aloi is the mafioso who would propose Sonny for official induction into the borgata - Sonny loved him like a father]

Activities: shylocking (on a large scale), policy, extortion, police-bribery, liquor bootlegging, hijacking and the receiving and fencing of stolen goods, strong-arm enforcer.

Legitimate Activity: held hidden interest in a garment trucking firm in Manhattan’s “garment district” (later his son Vinny officially took ownership and expanded it considerably - today he and his Busters grandsons run a huge garment trucking-warehousing company in NJ).

Aloi “Regime” (soldiers and top associates) membership:
Vincent and Benedetto (his sons)
John Franzese
Joseph Brancato
Joseph Vitacco
Modesto Santora
Ralph Lombardo
Vincent Giordano
Louis Arcuri
Pasquale Fusco
...............(among many others).

Note: [he was a contemporary of Joe Profaci, Joe Magliocco, Sally Musacchio, John Oddo, Cassandro Bonasera, etc..... and top members of other borgata’s: Gambino, Vito Genovese, Lucky Luciano, etc.....
————————
In 1944, Sebastiano Aloi was one of forty-two hoodlum bootleggers indicted for operating fourteen alcohol producing “stills” over many years throughout the New York City metropolitan area and it outer environs (Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island). This multi-crime family operation incorporated very intricate interactions between the co-conspirators during it’s existence (1939 through 1944).
-
U.S. Treasury Department agents said the “operation” had cheated the federal government out of over $1,141,224. in alcohol taxes.
-
Of the 42 charged, 12 were said to be alleged “ringleaders”.... among the indicted were:

Sebastiano Aloi - ringleader (Profaci soldier)
-
Mario Valenti - ringleader
-
Archille Alpi
-
Leonard Bongiorno
-
Peter Cohen - ringleader
-
David Kratenstein - ringleader
-
Sidney Silberfeld - ringleader
-
George Gillette - ringleader (Joe Adonis’ brother in law + Genovese affiliate)
-
Salvatore Silesi - ringleader
-
Luigi Formisano - ringleader
-
Saverio Soranno - ringleader
-
Carmine Uvino - ringleader (Profaci associate)
-
Joseph Curcio - (future Lucchese soldier)
-
Andrew (Andy Curly) Bucaro - (Bonanno soldier)
-
Anthony (Tony Beck) DiPalermo
Joseph (Joe Beck) DiPalermo
Peter (Petey Beck) DiPalermo .......the notorious “Beck brothers” - ringleaders and (Lucchese soldiers)
-
Louis Failla - (Profaci soldier)
-
Salvatore (Sally the Sheik) Mussachio - ringleader (Profaci Capo)
-
Frank Gervasi
-
James (Jimmy Black) Falco - (Lucchese soldier)
-
Joseph Picciarelli
-
Vito La Duca
-
Vincenzo Garofalo - (Bonanno soldier) and brother of Bonanno underboss Frank (Carroll) Garofalo
-
These twenty-four (14 of which were either ringleaders or key personnel) are just an interesting smattering of the forty-four bootleggers indicted.
There are others names which I’m sure some readers may recognize that I hadn’t.
—————————
In 1961, Aloi was named in a well publicized indictment for working in concert with a current and ousted policemen and detective (John Scire and Vincent Santa) from the Queens morals squad, in the “shakedown” extortion of mob operators of a large-scale burglary and stolen goods ring. Aloi and company threatened to have them all arrested unless they paid off the detectives (with Aloi in the background) to operate their burglary ring.
LE made seven arrests including burglars William Rodini (a future Bonanno soldier), Dominick Spinelli, Freddy Spinelli, Theodore Giordano, Irene Markson and Antoinette Harmon.
————————
In 1964, Bustiano had the “Aloi” name come up during a major shylock investigation by the NYS Investigation Commission out in Suffolk County during a probe of six major shylocks, said to control most of the racket for their respective crime families. A close aide - Vincent (Peg-leg Jimmy) Giordano, a decades-long close associate and minion of Aloi who also happened to be one of that family’s more active loan-shark figures was publicly identified as Aloi’s trusted minion and island representative.
————————-
In 1968, Aloi was front and center in the daily tabloids again during U.S. Senate hearings probing the shylock racket, beatings and the extortion of loan victims. (LE) produced a wiretapped conversation between Buster’s son Benny and Ralph Lombardo discussing a beating they melted out to a recalcitrant borrower (Frederick “Fritzie Brown” Reinig).... In a second recorded conversation between Reinig, Lombardo and Buster, Aloi was caught specifically discussing loan shark transactions..... this open court testimony brought Aloi much unwanted attention.
—————————
In 1975, in a Buffalo courtroom, mob rat Joseph Zito named Aloi during court testimony as the “mob boss” from Brooklyn who blocked his collecting monies - his “extortion attempt” of ($100,000.) after his Geneva, New York “victim” (Emanuel Caratozzolo) invoked Aloi’s name for protection.
This case saw Bufalino, Guarnieri and Vincent Caci - upstate and Pennsylvania hoods involved.... and several were indicted and convicted.

Note: [Zito claimed to work under Russell Bufalino and Anthony Guarnieri. He stated that this incident caused a rift in the friendship between Bufalino and Aloi]

Note: [LE attempted to compel Aloi to testify in the trial. Aloi claimed he was too old and ill to fly in and testify]

In later years, after Buster moved down to Florida, he basically semi-retired, utilizing his oldest son Vincent as his proxy and “acting capo”, until taking over “officially” as his dad aged.
-
Sebastiano “Bustiano” Aloi died in 1980...... an “original” founding key member of not only the Profaci Family of (LCN), but the very foundation of Italian organized crime in the New York City region...... a high respected, “revered” mafioso to his last breath!
———————————————————————————————————-
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Short of saying that I “made up” the 170 names of ALL subjects, basically is ANYTHING ACCURATE AND “GOOD” so to speak ....... or do you just NOT LIKE ME OR MY INFORMATION PERIOD! ....regardless of how accurate or interesting it may be? ......... just curious ya know!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Check out Buster Aloi’s profile! I just posted it a second ago........ is that bullshit too?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

How about the other 169 profiles on top guys and minor players alike. Would you say they are basically accurate with maybe a few mistakes? Or mostly all wrong and bullshit profiles not even worth your time reading?

And aside from Greco per se, are there any other profiles you REALLY LIKED AND ENJOYED? Or again, there was not much that was special and singular in nature to warrant a nice “thumbs up” from you?.... not just one or two, but the “majority” being good, or the “minority” being good?
Or was it just the “Greco” profile you enjoyed?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

How bout Aloi??? Just posted?
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

And the other thing is he had a source for Giordano being "made", it was an FBI document...now granted the informant could have been wrong, but he had a source and I don't understand how Giordano's name not showing up on future FBI lists trumps the source of an informant naming him to the FBI. That isn't logical to me and seems like picking and choosing which source to believe and that comes down to people's opinions.. but he had a legit source and whether the source was correct or not will probably never be known.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I have deleted some posts in this thread containing insults and name calling or quoted posts containing insults and name calling. If this continues in this section, I will close down this thread. Please continue with this thread's subject in here and keep the insults and name calling somewhere else!
There you have it, never printed before.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Of course you did HK, I’ve seen other threads where people have it out with some name calling, and quite a few curses too! Have you deleted those as well?..... just saying! .....just asking? I’m new here so I really don’t know how it works! If THAT is the procedure and rules for all, then I’m fine with that...... if it’s “unique” to this thread, then I have a problem with it! .....It would not be right to be selective in your “deletions”.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

maxiestern11 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:25 am Of course you did HK, I’ve seen other threads where people have it out with some name calling, and quite a few curses too! Have you deleted those as well?..... just saying! .....just asking? I’m new here so I really don’t know how it works! If THAT is the procedure and rules for all, then I’m fine with that...... if it’s “unique” to this thread, then I have a problem with it! .....It would not be right to be selective in your “deletions”.
Yes that is the procedure and rules for all. It shouldn´t come as a big surprise to you,
There you have it, never printed before.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I just explained myself! .... I’m new here remember?
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Hey Maxie got a few for you sir .Sal scarpa the bolinos fuscos amatos thanks for anything you can do in advance buddy
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Super wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm Hey Maxie got a few for you sir .Sal scarpa the bolinos fuscos amatos thanks for anything you can do in advance buddy
One more tutti or turri franzese thank you
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:10 pm DOMINICK (LITTLE DOM) CATALDO - born 1936 in Brooklyn (Essex Street), East New York section. FBI # 139341D, NYCPD # B-431893. Moved into the Ozone Park area by the 1960’s. He later relocated a bit further east to Valley Stream (1096 Ashley Drive) in Nassau County.

Longtime “associate” who eventually became an inducted “soldier” in the Colombo Family. Dominick had a brother named Joseph who was also an “associate” of this family, he served under Dom.

Dominick was a mid sized (5’-7”), compact and muscular (150lbs), sharp nice-looking man, with a quick wit and quick hands. He had the potential for a fiery temper, but was loyal to his friends, both in and out of the mob. Very well liked by his friends (not so much by his enemies), “Little Dom” made the rounds pretty good in his day, bouncing around New York, Long Island, and even South Florida monthly (looking for narcotics and scores).

Known as a heist guy or trickster (hijackings, burglaries, armed robberies) and an enforcer, he was known to have done ample “work” in his day.

He owned a piece of several bars and nightclubs over the years (the lounge at the Kennedy Inn Hotel near JFK Airport was one). He also had owned the Villagio Italia Restaurant on Rockaway Ave., on the South Shore of LI.....which he was proud of.

But primarily “Little Dom” was a hoodlum through and though!.... and he loved it! .......think “Jimmy Cagney style”.....nobody fucked with Dom!
A highly respected member, who traveled in high circles! (he was an intimate of many of the Colombo hierarchy - as can be evidenced by his inclusion in the “Colombo Family” indictment).

He was active in most of the typical rackets: gambling, loansharking, extortion (big time - he loved shaking suckers down - lol), labor rackets, etc....... but he was really into truck hijacking and “planned” big-money heists! .... He also got into narcotics trafficking (mostly cocaine) from South Florida to the NYC area later in life!

Recognized as a very loyal and “capable” soldier, Dom was a force to reckon with! Aligned with the Persico faction, he did their bidding unfailingly!

In the early 1970’s, future informant Salvatore (Crazy Sal) Polisi stated that he started out serving under Dom Cataldo, with his crew in the East New York and Ozone Park areas.
Note [little known FACT: Polisi’s uncle - Anthony, was originally associated with the Sonny Franzese crew. He even was indicted on bank robbery charges that eventually got Sonny the 50 years..... he also was tied to the Ernie Rupolo murder - in that it “allegedly” took place at Polisi’s Aquaduct Motor Inn] ..... a charge that Sonny was tried for, and “acquitted” of, I might add! 😎

In 1984, he was one of eleven top Colombo hoods (basically the whole hierarchy) charged in a huge 53 count Rico indictment. They were charged with extortion, usury, bribery, major thefts-robberies, gambling, narcotics, labor rackets (controlling Local’s #100 & #6 - Restaurant Workers Union through Vito Pitta - a top Union official), etc.... all were held without bail as dangers to the community..... after an explosive trial, all were convicted and received long prison terms (Dom got 14 years).

[Cataldo used attorney Michael Coiro for the case - a close friend......maybe too close!
Prosecutors would later indict Coiro as a mob “associate”]

[co-defendants included Carmine Persico, Jerry Langella, Dominick Montemorano, Anthony Scarpati, Jackie DeRoss, Frank Falanga, Frank Melli, Ralph Scopo Sr (official of the Cement Workers Union), Thomas DiBella, Pitta and Cataldo.

This trial was a long and very interesting case study on mob control over many industries. Some of the unions claimed to be under the dominion of the Colombo Family:

Cement & Concrete Workers Union - Local # 6-A (Manhattan)
-
District Council of Cement & Concrete Workers (Queens)
-
Hotel, Restaurant & Club Employee’s
& Bartender’s Union - Local # 6 (Manhattan)
-
Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees Union - Local # 100 (Manhattan)
-
The New York Hotel & Motel Trades Council (Manhattan)
-
Teamsters Union - Local # 707 (Queens)
-
Teamsters Union - Local # 617 (Jersey City, NJ)
-
Note: [observers often say other NY families control all the unions - Genovese, Gambino or Lucchese. But this indictment clearly showed that the Colombo’s controlled many varied unions]..... and this was just a small piece of their labor union domination in varied industries!]

It was said that you could NOT pour concrete in New York City without the Colombo Family!
Both the construction and restaurant-nightclub industries were affected by this family.

Among his many criminal associates over the years were:
Dominick (Donny Shacks) Montemorano - at one point possibly his capo
Alphonse (Little Allie) Persico
Alphonse (Big Funzi) Tarricone
Ralph Lombardo
Charles Lombardo
Gaetano (Tommy) Ocera
Nicholas Botta
John (Johnny Irish) Matera
Thomas Farese
Anthony (Tony Pep) Trentacosta
Anthony (Fat Andy) Ruggiano

Arrest record: it was hard to fully access, but I believe he had: assault, robbery, possession of guns (with a silencer) in appx. 1980, obstruction of justice, bribery and conspiracy (Judge bribery case), racketeering conspiracy, racketeering, extortion, narcotics trafficking (Colombo Family case)..... and probably a few earlier arrests I couldn’t pull up.
-
In the early 1980’s, a Queens Judge - William Brennan, was bribed by Cataldo and other Colombo hoods who got their criminal cases either reduced or thrown out. They utilized Andy Bruno - who had run the lounge at the Pan-American Motor Lodge on Queens Blvd., in Queens, as a “conduit” since he was a close friend of Brennan. This went on for years, until the scheme was exposed (by a rat of course) and multiple indictments came down. Andy Bruno (always known as a weasel) turned rat, testifying against the judge, and many others.

Note: [little known FACT, the main owner of the “Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza” chain (Anthony), is the son of informant Andy Bruno]

Note: [this is the case where veteran Colombo bookmaker Nicky Botta also turned informant]

With his conviction in late 1986 in the “Colombo Family Trial”, Dom was sentenced to fourteen years in federal prison.
Although Google and various so-called mob websites list his death consistently as 1997, it is NOT so!

For a FACT, I believe “Little Dom” Cataldo died while serving his time in about 1988-1989, if memory serves me correctly...... Also, various sites list his birth in 1923, but that’s another misnomer..... he was not that old! Lol

Dom was born in 1936.......and died in approximately 1988-1990. He was only about 53-54 years old!

“Little Dom” Cataldo was a true hoodlum and devout mafioso, who lived every day as if it were his last (and considering he died so very young, maybe he was on to something) ........with laughter, breaking balls, and whose every waking minute was dedicated to thieving and scheming - which he quite simply loved!

“R.I.P. DOM”

Note: [his brother Joey, was believed to have moved down to Florida after Dom’s death - no dod available]
———————————————————————————————————-
Cataldo died August 22, 1990.