Maxie's Colombo Profiles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: Maxie's Colombo Profiles

Post by maxiestern11 »

PASQUALE (FAT PATTY) CATALANO - born 1931 in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn. By the late 1950’s he had moved to neighboring Middle Village in Queens.

Catalano was a longtime “associate” in the Profaci later known as the Colombo Family of (LCN). By 1990, he was officially inducted and was quickly elevated to “Capo” status.
He took over the crew formerly run by Benedetto (Benny) Aloi operated out of a club on Metropolitan Avenue (which was ran on a daily basis by close Aloi associate and soldier Dennis Guzzardo - who was exposed as a longtime federal informer shortly after he died).

Catalano eventually closed that location and started operating out of another club several blocks away, previously controlled by Vito Guzzo Sr. (a murdered Family soldier).

Activities: shylocking, bookmaking, hijacking, bar-nightclub infiltration, vending machines, extortion.

Legitimate interests: over the years Patty owned several popular bars and nightclubs including the old Pep McGuires which he renamed “The Gardens” on Queens Boulevard in Forest Hills.
He also owned another lounge on Hillside Avenue in the Floral Park area that escapes me right now.

During the 1970’s he “pushed in” on a Jewish vending machine operator from Long Island named Stanley Nankoff from Amityville, who years before had been “with” (Tommy Ryan) Eboli before his killing. Catalano became a silent “partner” having Nankoff provide him with a new Cadillac every few years and an occasional envelope.

At one point he loosely affiliated with John Franzese (they came from the same area), he became close to Benny and Vinny Aloi, “hooking up” with that regime.
He also worked under acting underboss Jerry Langella, borrowing hundreds of thousands in “shylock” money to further “push” out in the street.

Note: [even after Langella got the 165 years in the commission case, all family members continued to pay him “interest” until the last Colombo war...... then most of it stopped to Langella’s chagrin].

“Fat Patty” (he was a good 350+ lbs)....... was never called that to his face (he liked to be called Patty Brown), was a very well-liked hood.
He was friendly with many varied crews in different families over the years. He was an intelligent hoodlum, who might have been inducted years before except that Carmine Persico (for whatever reason) kept him out.

Catalano was very close as a young man to the “Gallo Gang”, he may have even officially started out with them until all the conflict they caused with Joe Profaci.
—-
He ran a moderately large regime that were active in the north Brooklyn and Queens areas.

Close associates over the years included: the Aloi brothers, Ralph Lombardo, Charles Lombardo, Salvatore Cambria, Vincent Cascio, Joseph Pastore, Joseph Audino, Vito Guzzo Sr and Jr., Frank Boncimino, Jerry Lewis, and most members and associates from north Brooklyn and Queens.

During the Colombo war of the early 1990’s, Catalano was one of many hoods subpoenaed before grand juries investigating the conflict.

In 1962, he was indicted for operating a hijacking ring with his kid brother Robert and others (Joseph and Anthony Bello, Raymond DeStiso, Joseph Pastore). They were accused of stealing over $500,000. in merchandise over an eighteen month period.
They said the gangs operation extended all along the eastern seaboard from Maine to Florida, hijacking cargo’s of whiskey, cigarettes, garments and electrical appliances.
They were charged with conspiracy, grand larceny, interstate theft, possession of stolen property.
-
Note: [also indicted was Joseph “Doo Doo” Pastore - a Colombo associate who would be murdered by future Bonanno Boss Joe Massino and his buddy Carmine “Tuti” Franzese - Sonny’s nephew in the 1970’s]

Some of their heists were:

$50,000. load of 1,000. cases of whiskey, (Brooklyn)

$50,000. load of cameras, jewelry and radios (Fresh Meadows)

$150,000. shipment of cigarettes (Kearney, NJ)

$10,000. cargo of underwear (Manhattan)

$147,000. load of electric shavers (Hoboken, NJ)

The NYC police (hijacking Squad) made raids on thirteen locations and recovered $407,000. in stolen goods in a Driggs Avenue warehouse in Greenpoint. Two additional men were charged with possession of stolen goods.

In the early 1980’s, Catalano came under fire during the investigation by the NYS Organized Crime Task Force into an elaborate “scam” (in 1981) to bilk government school lunch program suppliers (11 companies) of over $750,000. in seven states of: foods, utensils and services....Supposedly suppling a Texas schools district’s school lunch contract, the scammers conned multiple supply houses to provide food and other goods on credit, until the Texas school district submitted payment..... of course they “busted out” their company (T & S Inc.), defrauding all the suppliers.

Charged with grand larceny, fraud by deception and conspiracy, the fraud scheme was operated by Colombo associate Frank “Frankie Five Boro’s” Boncimino - a Catalano minion, Sheldon Weinstein, Gerard “Jerry” Lewis and James Bushey.

Patty Catalano was indicted for criminal contempt and perjury for lying when put before the investigating grand jury (in upstate Tomkins County) which indicted the others.

In the mid-1990’s (appx 1995), Catalano, Salvatore “Sally Bread” Cambria and Vincent Morena were arrested by the Queens D.A for a large-scale loan shark ring operating out of Catalano’s Middle Village Social Club. Authorities alleged the men charged between 3-5% weekly “vigorish” on loans of from $1,000. to $25,000., that they had out “on the street”.
They were all convicted by plea. Catalano took a sweet nine month jail term (alleged head of the ring), Cambria got a one-three year stretch.

“Pasquale “Patty” Catalano died after a short illness in 1999....he was 68 years old!
———————————————————————————————————-
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:09 am
maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 pm
HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 am
Vincenzo (Jimmy) Giordano aka “Peg Leg” - was born in 1903 and was an original “Profaci” Family inducted member.
Never seen him listed as a made man. He was mentioned and described as a soldier in 1960s news paper articles but those are often inaccurate. No informant has identifed Giordano as made to my knowledge. Where did you find the information on him being made?
——-
HK, on MF as I had mentioned earlier, there is informant NY T-52, on page 69 on 4/9/1962 who identified both Mussachio and Giordano as members, “Button men” with Profaci. Interesting reading if you get a chance. Giordano is also mentioned at length in the article by several other sources as well....... and HK, I want you to know that I’m doing this to humor you and your skepticism. Also: check when Bacino and Giordano get indicted in Suffolk for shylocking.... it was in Newsday..... read my Bacino profile, it will emotion the date I think ok my friend. Read the quote of the Suffolk authorities about Giordano. Better yet, pull up the article in Newsday itself ok 👍
What MF document is that? Please provide a link.

Anyway....as I said erlier in this thread...Those lists were made very early on when FBI´s knowledge on the Mafia was limited. INewer, updated FBI lists from the 1970s and 1980s has confirmed Giordano not being a made member, or a deceased made member. Do you understand what I´m saying here?

You are doing this to humor me? What does that mean?
BTW: I don’t know how to add “links”!.... the process involved otherwise I would have done it for you already
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 2&tab=page

I think this must be the document your referencing. I am not trying to get into your guys argument, but I was curious so looked myself.

Maxie, to insert a link you have to click full editor and preview. Then there is button above the text box that looks like two squares diagonal to one another (to the right of the insert image button). click it and insert your link. You can upload photos by clicking the insert image button.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Raven wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:01 pm https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 2&tab=page

I think this must be the document your referencing. I am not trying to get into your guys argument, but I was curious so looked myself.

Maxie, to insert a link you have to click full editor and preview. Then there is button above the text box that looks like two squares diagonal to one another (to the right of the insert image button). click it and insert your link. You can upload photos by clicking the insert image button.
Thank you very much for that Raven. I took a “screen shot” of your post just now to save it to reference later... I will try it. If you don’t mind, if I can’t seem to figure it out, could I please contact you... maybe you could walk me through it if I get fucked up ok? Lol 😎
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

sure
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Raven wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:01 pm https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 2&tab=page

By the way, I just looked at the MF link you provided here just before in regard to Giordano’s status .... THANK YOU! .... THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! ......and source NY T-52 was the informer (a direct source) talking about all their status’ in relation to the hierarchy.
THANK YOU for validating what I had said!
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:49 pm

By the way, I just looked at the MF link you provided here just before in regard to Giordano’s status .... THANK YOU! .... THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! ......and source NY T-52 was the informer (a direct source) talking about all their status’ in relation to the hierarchy.
On the next page the informant, T-52, calls Giordano a" Lieutenant of " a member. There is no such rank as a lieutenant in the mafia, so T-52 is a non member who does not seem to know the correct term to refer to someone as.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

During the Valachi Hearings.....Joe Valachi actually used the same terminology..... check for yourself Bert.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 pm During the Valachi Hearings.....Joe Valachi actually used the same terminology..... check for yourself Bert.
He must have been reading from a script then, they don't use that term. A lot of what Valachi said were things told to him by the FBI and his handlers. Such as bosses around the country, and info on New York that they really got from Greg Scarpa. Maybe the informer was quoted wrong by the age handling him, but it just sounds wrong.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I agree that the Mafia seldom uses the term lieutenant, although newspapers and even law enforcement throw "lieutenant" around a lot to mean a "right hand man" or a top aide.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:05 pm I agree that the Mafia seldom uses the term lieutenant, although newspapers and even law enforcement throw "lieutenant" around a lot to mean a "right hand man" or a top aide.
I think it just depends they used the term underboss in ohio for guys that weren't even made
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:49 pm

You still don't get it. It has later been confirmed that Giordano never was a made guy. Even Scarpa who was a captain early on misidentified guys as made, guys that later was confirmed not made. Do you understand? Giordano has never been listed on any FBI lists as made. Considering he was a well known mobster, the FBI check with their sources and other informants to verify. A lot of names you can find in these early dated MF documents says they were made but later investigation has proved they weren't.

It's strange that you want people to comment on your posts but puts up an argument or go on a rant when they point out errors or don't agree with you. Just like GV used to do. Im not interested in commenting this any further nor am I interested in commenting on your future posts.
There you have it, never printed before.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

That’s fine HK...... your call.
Down the road w’ll see about others things ok (you will read my posts I’m sure - if only for curiosity sake, and whether you choose to admit it or not.....you’ll realize what I post is typically spot on....99% of the time) 👌
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 am That’s fine HK...... your call.
Down the road w’ll see about others things ok (you will read my posts I’m sure - if only for curiosity sake, and whether you choose to admit it or not.....you’ll realize what I post is typically spot on....99% of the time) 👌

So even Joe Valachi was a jerkoff now? His info was very wrong right? Made or not...... NOBODY is infallible... even you Mr. HK! [Valachi was nearly always 100% - human error can occur, and did. He made a mistake or two. But his charts? ...... near perfect] ...... as yes the feds influenced him, as they do every rat they have. But I personally have even heard “old timers” use the term Lieutenant..... although very rare. I’ve been around a long long time.... almost 71 years. Unless you’re my age or older, you’re at a “distinct” disadvantage with the history, terminology, and life experience to REALLY understand maybe..... no? ...... but again these points I make may not be “convenient” for your argument, so you shut me off!

GOT IT! ...... think about it (you don’t need to comment) but think about when you’re in a room quiet by yourself maybe! Have a nice day! 😉
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

One more thing HK..... by my count, I’ve created and written 170 very unique and accurate profiles on “key” figures in 6 the families (Jersey included).... “masterpieces” I might add, spoken by the tongue of several “honest” posters on this very forum. (Who have no politics or agenda, ax to grind or jealousy).

You wanna continue to break my balls over Giordano’s “status”...... like he was under my influence? Lol

EVEN IF IM WRONG, and I dare say that I am NOT, how about the millions of other words that are the substance of my other 169 profiles? Have you also checked my “validity” on those mob figures? If you did, are I fucked up on those also?..... or do you admit (if you even are knowledgeable enough) that they are accurate?
If so..... then your “rant” as you say, is the equivalent of a “needle in a haystack” argument! ........ think about that ok!!! 😎😉🤪😝🤯🤯🤯