Maxie's Genovese Profiles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Super
Straightened out

Re: Maxie's Genovese Profiles

Post by Super »

Great maxie cant wait do you mind me throwing names out there, really enjoy your write ups.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

NP. I can’t always comply, but where I can I will
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

In the meantime Super, check out some of the other families profiles I posted yesterday and today for Gambino, Colombo, Lucchese, etc.... tell me what I think ok
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

U think! Lol
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

LOUIS (LOUIE DOME) PACELLA - born 1921 and raised in E. Harlem, NY (322 East 116th Street). NYCPD #B-347933. Resided for many years in Malba, Queens (141-56 11th Avenue). Also, has resided in NJ (Ft. Lee). Inducted member of the Genovese Family by the mid-late 1950’s. Hangouts have included Sonny’s Bar, Lizzi’s Restaurant and the Pleasant Avenue area (all East Harlem). Very close personal friend of singer Frank Sinatra, whom he induced to play several “gigs” at the infamous Westchester Premier Theatre (in Tarryrown, NY) to help ticket sales, which was later “busted out” - bankrupted by mob figures in 1978 (looted of over $9-million). Pacella was accused and convicted of draining $50,000. from the theatre corporation in which he evaded taxes. Pacella also served an eight month contempt sentence for refusing to answer a grand jury’s questions about Sinatra’s possible skimming of funds and tax evasion. Co-defendents included Gregory DePalma, Richard (Nerves) Fusco, Murad (Mickey Coco) Nersesian, He owned and operated the popular Sepret Tables Restaurant in midtown Manhattan for many years. Previously had an interest in the Napoli Restaurant in Queens. Up until the late 1950’s, his only arrest was for auto theft. In later years he added to his anti-social arrest register; racketeering, wire fraud, conspiracy, stock fraud, bankruptcy fraud, tax evasion, contempt of court, grand larceny, money laundering, forgery. He was suspected of having been a large-scale heroin dealer in Harlem (and had made several trips to Europe to further his narcotics traffic). A reputed soldier (member) in the regime of (Trigger Mike) Coppola, and a close associate of Alexander (Al Ross) Rosato, of the Genovese Family, who was alleged to have been Louie’s “sponsor” in the family after Pacella helped Rosato dispose of a body after Al Ross had shot the man (killed because he had verbally disrespected Ross). Other associates included Patsy Pagano, his brother Joey Pagano, Giacomo Reina and Joseph (Joe Z) D’Ercole. Pacella was also active in gambling operations; dice games and bookmaking. In 1996, Pacella was one of two men convicted of laundering $1-million dollars stolen from Seton Hall University, divvying up the dough at a Manhattan bakery and doling it out in cake boxes. The men, Louis (Louie Dome) Pacella, 74, and Dominick (Pepe) Pietranico, 65, pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court. They also admitted trying to influence grand jury witnesses from testifying against them. "This shows that nothing is sacred to the Genovese family, since they were willing to steal money from the church," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew Weissmann. Pacella is a long-time soldier in the Genovese crime family and a former acting captain, authorities said. Pietranico was an associate in Pacella's crew, authorities said. Seton Hall University is operated by the Catholic Archdiocese of Newark. Last year, the university's treasurer, Richard Maragni, and Genovese associate Michael Lepelletieri, pleaded guilty to stealing checks from the school beginning in 1990. Prosecutors said Maragni forged checks drawn on the school's accounts, then brought the checks to Pacella. The checks were then passed along to Lepelletieri, who laundered them through a series of bank accounts by withdrawing cash in amounts under $10,000 to avoid alerting the Internal Revenue Service. The cash was then turned back to Pacella and Pietranico, authorities said, both of whom set up shop in a third-floor office of Veniero's, a popular bakery on 11th St. in the East Village. Authorities said Pacella would let Maragni know when to pick up his cut by phoning him with the message: "The cake is ready. After several high profile trials and serving several short jail terms, Louie Dome kept a lower key profile, operating more in the shadows until his death in 1996 at the age of 75.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Mario (The Shadow) Gigante and Gaetano (Tommy Palmer) Greco profiles to follow.......
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

cant wait for marios. matty brown if u have any info cheers maxie.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I’ll try doing Mario’s next ok...
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

MARIO (THE SHADOW) GIGANTE - born 1923 in New York’s Greenwich Village section. Resided in Yonkers (30 Winnebago Road, & 36 First St.) NYCPD #B-251303. The brother of Vincent (The Chin) Gigante, Ralph Gigante and Pasquale (Patsy) Gigante, all of whom became Genovese Family members, and Rev. Louis Gigante - a Catholic priest and a former NYC councilman. An inducted soldier by the 1950’s, by the late 1970’s Mario had risen to “Capo” status, operating a crew in the Bronx-Westchester area. He was the former bodyguard and driver of murdered capo Anthony (Tony Bender) Strollo. Activities: gambling, loansharking, garbage rackets, strong-arm, extortion and cigarette smuggling. His arrest record dates to 1947 for: burglary, burglar tools, felonious assault, possession of weapons (bat and hatchet), vagrancy, assault on a cop, unlicensed driver, disorderly conduct, traffic violations, usury and conspiracy, bookmaking, conspiracy, extortion. In 1972, it was determined that a cigarette bootleg ring operated by Mario smuggled over 1.1-million cartons of cigarets into the state within a single year. In 1975, Mario was indicted as the ringleader of a twenty-five member $50,000,000. a year sports-betting ring operating in three NY boroughs (Manhattan, Queens and the Bronx). Others indicted include Vito DiSalvo, Daniel DiGiacomo and John Dinino. The charges were eventually dismissed for illegal tapping. He has been employed by Industrial Service of America of NJ (garbage carting firm). In 1983, he accused with two other men (Sebastian Mecca and Michael Vodola) of operating a large-scale loansharking operation. Mario was convicted of using strong arm tactics and violence to collect on usury loans. He received 8 years in prison. With his brother Vincent’s accession to boss, Mario became a key Capo and his brothers trusted confidant. Criminal associates have included Vodola, Dinino, Mecca, brothers Vincent, Ralph & Pasquale, Vincent Mauro, Michael Maione, Anthony Strollo, Vito Genovese and Thomas Eboli. “Mario the Shadow” also had controlled the Westchester County garbage carting rackets with capo Nicholas (Cockeyed Nick) Rattenni for many years. By 1997 a multi defendant racketeering case alleging the mob had monopolistic control over the garbage industry in Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties. “The Shadow” was a key defendant. As years passed, with his brother and boss Vincent dying, Mario has chosen to fade into semi- retirement....As of this writing, he is alive and well at 95 years old!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

GAETANO (TOMMY PALMER) GRECO - born 1895 in Sicily. Resided for many years on the LES, where he was a partner in Lanza’s Italian Restaurant. By the late 1950’s relocated out to Long Island (51 Trenton Ave., Atlantic Beach). A “Capo di decina” for decades, he was active in bootlegging, labor racketeering, shylocking, extortion, policy, murder. He was a major figure behind building trades extortions, and identified by the State Investigations Commission as the hidden power behind the Mason Tenders Union (Independent), and a central figure in payoffs, corruption, shakedowns and loan shark rackets. His criminal record consisted of five arrests for: homicide (twice), robbery, possessing a gun (twice). But no convictions. “Tommy Palmer” was a original. A low key “sleeper” in the Genovese Family for many years. He was considered an “elder statesman” and respected as such! Believed to have died by 1975 at 80 years old.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Arise sir max ive looked for info on mg and its sparse thanks for the write up on both cant wait for more
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm GAETANO (TOMMY PALMER) GRECO - born 1895 in Sicily. Resided for many years on the LES, where he was a partner in Lanza’s Italian Restaurant. By the late 1950’s relocated out to Long Island (51 Trenton Ave., Atlantic Beach). A “Capo di decina” for decades, he was active in bootlegging, labor racketeering, shylocking, extortion, policy, murder. He was a major figure behind building trades extortions, and identified by the State Investigations Commission as the hidden power behind the Mason Tenders Union (Independent), and a central figure in payoffs, corruption, shakedowns and loan shark rackets. His criminal record consisted of five arrests for: homicide (twice), robbery, possessing a gun (twice). But no convictions. “Tommy Palmer” was a original. A low key “sleeper” in the Genovese Family for many years. He was considered an “elder statesman” and respected as such! Believed to have died by 1975 at 80 years old.
You overpay a lot of guys mob ties in these profiles but this one you not only found a real top notch guy, but he (In my opinion) was not only big, but may have been bigger. He was powerful right from the 1930's and on, maybe even the 1920's, and I think he may have been boss briefly after Luciano. As you rightly said, very low key and a "Sleeper"
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

bert wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm GAETANO (TOMMY PALMER) GRECO - born 1895 in Sicily. Resided for many years on the LES, where he was a partner in Lanza’s Italian Restaurant. By the late 1950’s relocated out to Long Island (51 Trenton Ave., Atlantic Beach). A “Capo di decina” for decades, he was active in bootlegging, labor racketeering, shylocking, extortion, policy, murder. He was a major figure behind building trades extortions, and identified by the State Investigations Commission as the hidden power behind the Mason Tenders Union (Independent), and a central figure in payoffs, corruption, shakedowns and loan shark rackets. His criminal record consisted of five arrests for: homicide (twice), robbery, possessing a gun (twice). But no convictions. “Tommy Palmer” was a original. A low key “sleeper” in the Genovese Family for many years. He was considered an “elder statesman” and respected as such! Believed to have died by 1975 at 80 years old.
You overpay a lot of guys mob ties in these profiles but this one you not only found a real top notch guy, but he (In my opinion) was not only big, but may have been bigger. He was powerful right from the 1930's and on, maybe even the 1920's, and I think he may have been boss briefly after Luciano. As you rightly said, very low key and a "Sleeper"
I don't know how that can be, when he calls most of them sleepers, and you say this guy
may have been boss after Luciano.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Frank wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm
bert wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm
I don't know how that can be, when he calls most of them sleepers, and you say this guy
may have been boss after Luciano.

Greco was very big and since he is not so well known, he is as Maxie said, a sleeper, meaning virtually unknown despite his status. If I mistook what the word sleeper means than I am wrong, but Greco was a top guy in the Genovese family. He was low key, and not greedy. He was also street smart.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I agree he was a sleeper. His name isn't well known to most people.