General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rat
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Rat »

Question, Chicago is known as the Outfit and Detroit the Partnership, is there any other families that had a nickname like that? Other than just "Crime Family" or "Mob"
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Rat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:17 pm Question, Chicago is known as the Outfit and Detroit the Partnership, is there any other families that had a nickname like that? Other than just "Crime Family" or "Mob"
The New England/Patriarca family was known as The Office
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Los Angelos was jokingly referred to as The Micky Mouse Mafia.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 pm
Rat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:17 pm Question, Chicago is known as the Outfit and Detroit the Partnership, is there any other families that had a nickname like that? Other than just "Crime Family" or "Mob"
The New England/Patriarca family was known as The Office
I think that was the Scranton family

(on a serious note thanks)
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The Buffalo/Todaro crime family was known as "The Arm."
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

CLEVELAND was know was dubbed the Mayfield road mob by the media , it was also referred to as the combination( Italian , jewish , irish) and the syndicate

Gambinos I have read referred to as 18th steet on wiretaps by other families

Genovese westside
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Lupara wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 pm Was the Billy Batts killed by Tommy DeSimone really a made member of the Gambinos? According to Wikipedia he was made in the 1960s. But since the books were closed in '57 I therefore wonder whether he was a made man.
Not made. William Bentvena was caught up in one of the big narcotics cases of the late 1950s and sentenced to prison in the early 1960s. He was killed not that long after he was released.
There you have it, never printed before.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

He bought his fucking button! That fake old tough guy.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:05 pm
Lupara wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 pm Was the Billy Batts killed by Tommy DeSimone really a made member of the Gambinos? According to Wikipedia he was made in the 1960s. But since the books were closed in '57 I therefore wonder whether he was a made man.
Not made. William Bentvena was caught up in one of the big narcotics cases of the late 1950s and sentenced to prison in the early 1960s. He was killed not that long after he was released.
I've always been skeptical of him being made. It seemed nuts to me that Burke, who was well-liked by the mafia, would just up and kill a made guy to take over his rackets and/or avenge an insulted DeSimone.

Just curious, howja find out he wasn't made?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

Ivan wrote:
I've always been skeptical of him being made. It seemed nuts to me that Burke, who was well-liked by the mafia, would just up and kill a made guy to take over his rackets and/or avenge an insulted DeSimone.

Just curious, howja find out he wasn't made?
Same thinking here. One thing Goodfellas had wrong.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Do you know if he was really killed by DeSimone, and if so in the way the movie portrayed it?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

bert wrote:
Do you know if he was really killed by DeSimone, and if so in the way the movie portrayed it?
According to Hill but perhaps the feds' own intel as well, he was killed by Burke and DeSimone.

But Hill states he was killed in his restaurant weeks after their argument in another joint. In the movie he was killed in the same place on the same evening.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I haven't read Wiseguy in a decade, but recently I watched an interview with Hill shortly before his death. He said Billy was killed more than a month later with Burke getting the okay from Vario. Of course DeSimone was involved, but Burke was the main factor in the murder.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

What was the full story with mob associate Robert Arena? He was whacked by nicky corozzo’s crew, but is it true Arena killed a made guy in Nicky’s crew?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

He was suspected of murdering Tony Placido - a member of Corozzo's crew - I have seen him listed only as a "close associate" of Corozzo. Arena and his buddy Andrew DiDonato were robbing left and right without kicking money up too.