Vena’s crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Vena’s crew

Post by Frank »

Great info.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Awesome info. The story of Panozzo cutting off a victims ear is brutal. The entire Vena crew seems like a group of pretty violent guys. I wonder if Panozzo could’ve played any role in the Anthony Zizzo hit since Vena’s crew is suspected to have carried it out.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:16 pm Awesome info. The story of Panozzo cutting off a victims ear is brutal. The entire Vena crew seems like a group of pretty violent guys. I wonder if Panozzo could’ve played any role in the Anthony Zizzo hit since Vena’s crew is suspected to have carried it out.
It's possible, if he was on the streets then.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wasn't Panozzo called Bobby Pinocchio by Joey Lombardo, who Panozzo was originally under.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Great info...to me this crew is reminiscent of Ronnie Jarrett's crew from the late 1970s and early 1980s, though that group worked all over the country.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 am One informant revealed that Panozzo and another individual had coerced an elderly woman into signing over the deed for a piece of property. Panozzo allegedly later threw her multiple times down a flight of stairs until she died. According to the informant, Panozzo joked about how hard it was to kill the old lady. This incident allegedly occurred in the late eighties. The individual who assisted Panozzo in this crime was later murdered in 1991.
I read that previously. What a degenerate low class scumbag. I hope he rots in prison.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:16 pm Awesome info. The story of Panozzo cutting off a victims ear is brutal. The entire Vena crew seems like a group of pretty violent guys. I wonder if Panozzo could’ve played any role in the Anthony Zizzo hit since Vena’s crew is suspected to have carried it out.
Or maybe Vena himself was the killer. Nobody really knows the particulars of the hit, except that he was supposed to be attending a sit-down. It appears to be kind of like the Hoffa disappearance- murder. Must have got into a car with somebody he trusted. But who knows. I don't know if he would have gotten in a car with Vena or Panozzo, but anything is possible. I would imagine he was driven somewhere and killed by waiting killers. I don't believe Vena was a Capo at that time yet.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

cavita wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:51 pm Great info...to me this crew is reminiscent of Ronnie Jarrett's crew from the late 1970s and early 1980s, though that group worked all over the country.
Yes Grand Ave had some bad boys too. I wonder who the Elmwood Park crew had, DiFronzo had to have a very strong power base.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm
cavita wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:51 pm Great info...to me this crew is reminiscent of Ronnie Jarrett's crew from the late 1970s and early 1980s, though that group worked all over the country.
Yes Grand Ave had some bad boys too. I wonder who the Elmwood Park crew had, DiFronzo had to have a very strong power base.
Elmwood Park was pretty strong at DiFronzo's peak and were relatively unaffected by all of the RICO convictions of the time. John's brothers, Andriacchi, D'Amico, Fratto, Magnafichi, Don Scalise, Gary Gagliano. Even Willie Messino was still known to be active into the nineties.

According to Fosco, Gagliano had a reputation as a hitter. Messino and Fratto were also suspected of being involved in murders or murder conspiracies. They were also the two who were allegedly spotted by Mario Rainone at the scene of the aborted Jeep Daddino hit.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Great thread fellas thanks for the good read!
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm
Elmwood Park was pretty strong at DiFronzo's peak and were relatively unaffected by all of the RICO convictions of the time. John's brothers, Andriacchi, D'Amico, Fratto, Magnafichi, Don Scalise, Gary Gagliano. Even Willie Messino was still known to be active into the nineties.

According to Fosco, Gagliano had a reputation as a hitter. Messino and Fratto were also suspected of being involved in murders or murder conspiracies. They were also the two who were allegedly spotted by Mario Rainone at the scene of the aborted Jeep Daddino hit.
Thanks Snakes
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Who was the murdered guy who assisted Panozzo with the killing of the elderly women?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm Who was the murdered guy who assisted Panozzo with the killing of the elderly women?
Steven Bratner was the guy's name. Burglar and drug dealer (as well as user). I don't believe he actually assisted Panozzo in the actual murder but rather in the scam. What was interesting about the murder was that Panozzo was the one who dropped him off at the hospital, where he later died. Bratner was shot only a quarter-mile from Joey Lombardo's house.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm Who was the murdered guy who assisted Panozzo with the killing of the elderly women?
Steven Bratner was the guy's name. Burglar and drug dealer (as well as user). I don't believe he actually assisted Panozzo in the actual murder but rather in the scam. What was interesting about the murder was that Panozzo was the one who dropped him off at the hospital, where he later died. Bratner was shot only a quarter-mile from Joey Lombardo's house.
Sounds like Panozzo set him up. He could’ve fell out of line, owed money or maybe something else led to his murder. But i’d be surprised if the outfit didn’t play a role in his murder.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes enjoyed this old thread- I wish I knew more about these guys myself. Sound like a rough crew. I was told for what its worth that Fat Vic is a fake name and doesn't exist - if you know otherwise would love to know it. I found something online about this Bruce Principe but not sure this guy exits either or is a real Outfit guy. I'm going to PM you another name to keep on your radar.